Frank Lampard

DavidEU

That chance he wasted instead of passing to Ba summed it up. He is now putting his own glory before that of the team and it is costing us goals and games. He barely even played in midfield tonight and left gaping holes throughout the game because he wants to play like a striker and score goals. He left Ramires, one of the worst distributors of the ball in the league, alone several times. Lamapard is supposed to be our most experienced player but plays for himself more than anybody else in the team.

i think that incident with ba was not actually selfish play.

Wow... Lampard was our best player yesterday but because we can't scapegoat Torres and pinning all the blame on Rafa is unfashionable, it is this legend's time to feel the wrath of the TalkChelsea crowd.

Sorry Frank, they know not what they say.

Well, I dont like Lampard in the deeper position but to be fair, except the two last years and some ridiculous idea of England playing a two-man central midfield of him and Gerrard, He never played in this position in his prime years.

The fact that we play him there is more the fault of the board as we don't have defensive central midfielders in our squad.

We could still use him but only behind the striker when we need more power, goal threat around and in the box.

Wow... Lampard was our best player yesterday but because we can't scapegoat Torres and pinning all the blame on Rafa is unfashionable, it is this legend's time to feel the wrath of the TalkChelsea crowd.

Sorry Frank, they know not what they say.

He didn't look like our best player to me. Mata was far more influential in creating chances from where I was sitting and Demba Ba was fantastic up front. Even Luiz seemed a bigger threat with the ball at his feet.

Lamps had a good game, but no more. I was praying he'd swap Ramires for JT so we could have Luiz in midfield because once again that seemed to be the root of all our problems.

His work in the build-up to the first goal was fantastic (very much like the first goal at Stoke) but we need someone better in that double-pivot position. We need someone who can dictate a game from there when we have the majority of possession, like an Alonso or a Modric.

The substitution got boos, but it was probably the right decision. I'm not going to call him selfish for taking that shot but the pass on to Ba did seem a higher percentage option. I was also a bit miffed when he stepped up to take the free-kick in the second-half because I personally think Luiz offers the best option from that distance and position, but clearly they take turns and Lamps either had first-option or it was his turn.

Ramires had a shit game, but that midfield lost us the game.

I know he wants to break that record, and we all want him to as well, but that is no excuse for being out of position for half of the game. Yes, Rami had a shocker, but he was not helped at all by Lampard's lack of presence in midfield.

I know he wants to break that record, and we all want him to as well, but that is no excuse for being out of position for half of the game. Yes, Rami had a shocker, but he was not helped at all by Lampard's lack of presence in midfield.

Why do we all want him to break the record? I've met Bobby Tambling on a number of occasions and he's a gentleman as well as being a great servant to the club.

Personally I couldn't give a shit about the goalscoring record. It's fairly meaningless in all honesty. It doesn't make Lampard any greater or lesser of a player whether he gets it or not.

But I agree with you about Lampard's lack of presence. He just didn't look like the old Frank last night.

Why do we all want him to break the record? I've met Bobby Tambling on a number of occasions and he's a gentleman as well as being a great servant to the club.

Personally I couldn't give a shit about the goalscoring record. It's fairly meaningless in all honesty. It doesn't make Lampard any greater or lesser of a player whether he gets it or not.

The record doesn't mean much to me either, but breaking it means obviously that he will score 9 more goals that could really help the team. But it also gives Frank a "high note" to leave on like DD and the CL. It will make his imminent departure more acceptable to the fans and, hopefully, cut the edge off the media attack on us for letting him go because everyone would be saying that it is the "right time" for him to leave.

That´s exactly as I read above. Lamps wants to break the record & I am afraid most of the times he will choose to shoot instead of pass the ball.

However, I personally do not blame him. Also, it´s not an easy task to play your best knowing you are not wanted by the club.

The record doesn't mean much to me either, but breaking it means obviously that he will score 9 more goals that could really help the team. But it also gives Frank a "high note" to leave on like DD and the CL. It will make his imminent departure more acceptable to the fans and, hopefully, cut the edge off the media attack on us for letting him go because everyone would be saying that it is the "right time" for him to leave.

I don't know. The media tends to run far fewer stories about how we're stupid to let him go when he plays like he did last night, or like he did against QPR.

I just posted in the 'next manager thread' that Jose might not be the worst shout in the world, and if that's the case then I think Frank should perhaps be given an extension. His contract isn't up until the summer, and we won't have a new manager until then. I think so much of Frank's future is based on that.

The best penalty takers in the Premier League since 1997/98

1. Frank Lampard - 40/44 (90.9%)
2. Thierry Henry - 23/25 (93.3%)
3. Danny Murphy - 18/19 (94.7%)
4. James Beattie - 16/17 (94.1%)
5. Paolo Di Canio - 15/17 (88.2%)
6. Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink - 14/15 (93.3%)

Well, I dont like Lampard in the deeper position but to be fair, except the two last years and some ridiculous idea of England playing a two-man central midfield of him and Gerrard, He never played in this position in his prime years.

The fact that we play him there is more the fault of the board as we don't have defensive central midfielders in our squad.

We could still use him but only behind the striker when we need more power, goal threat around and in the box.

Our team was built around lampard for a couple years and lampard played his favorite position (advanced mf). Our current team is no longer built around him, it is up to lampard to adapt his game to suit our new team.

Wow, so when lampard plays well, there is a lot of people (minority but still quite a lot) saying its only an occasional game, he wasn't that good, yet when the team doesn't win, then it is evidence that he cannot cut it any more... Seriously?

I would give lampard a 2 year deal without a second thought, and i would do it instantly. If that happenned there would be no signing this year i would be more happy of witnessing. And for someine who doesn't play in his favourite position he has done pretty darn well this season. Lampard and rambo isn't a great pivot parnership and he needs to play with someone like luiz or mikel to be more effective.

I would give lampard a 2 year deal without a second thought, and i would do it instantly.

See, I don't understand this. Doesn't it depend on who the manager is whether or not you sign a player to a new contract, especially someone with so much power in the dressing room?

See, I don't understand this. Doesn't it depend on who the manager is whether or not you sign a player to a new contract, especially someone with so much power in the dressing room?

Couldn't the same be said of any player though... And most managers think we would be crazy to let him go.

I am perfectly sure most of managers would want to have him here. Esp. the current favourites (as for the bookies) Jose and Jürgen Klopp. The former, I think i do not have to explain why. Jürgen Klopp said experienced midfielder and captain Sebastian Kehl was instrumental in his side's recent success. And Lamps is 1000 times better than Kehl in EVERY single position. Btw i am convinced 4-3-3 is still our best formation. 4-2-3-1 is overrated and needs either proper out and out winger or the fullbacks to provide width. In the latter case the team commits so many bodies forward, esp as the AMs on the flanks are defensively not apt enough, we get cought on the counter every game. i can't remember us being caught on the break on single time in the 2009/10 season which was a model season in terms of tactic. Even though we are overloaded with ineffective AMs and still lack genuine wingers, we would fare better with a 4-3-3