Frank Lampard

DavidEU

Unreal strike today, one of his finest & literally made out of nothing but his class, composure & unrivalled ability to put the ball in the back of the net from well outside the box.

It wasn't an absolutely stellar overall performance, but the sublime goal more than made up for it & I don't understand how anyone can say he had an average game seeing as himself along with Mata & Oscar controlled the match in the second half & were easily the best players on the pitch besides that fucking beast Sissoko.

So what if he misplaced a couple of passes? I recall Mata giving it away on about 7+ occasions today (that happens pretty much every match btw due to his adventurous risk-taking playing style) & I still think he had a great game; same thing applies to Oscar (though he was somewhat at fault for the 3rd goal). Such trivial matters are entirely arbitrary when they ultimately produce the goods, & if we'd had a little more luck they easily could have won us the match based on their individual brilliance alone.

Shame that most of the rest of the team couldn't raise their game in the same way...

Agree with you. Might be because he is played in a role he never should play in. He is AMF and we can't change that. He never was Pirlo like player the current role asks him to be. Apart from that he scored a brilliant goal-shame it didn't count for nothing today - but also showed many misplaced passes, tiredness from lack of rotation options. 6/10

Pretty fair analysis. Thought a lot of our problems again came from the midfield of him and Ramires (not all by any measure) but that's simply not his fault. He's a legend but in a completely different position from the one he's being asked to play. I do think yesterday's game perfectly summed up where he is in this club now.