Frank Lampard

DavidEU

WHY DO I KEEP COMING TO THIS TOPIC? WHY DO I NEVER LEARN? MAYBE I NEED SCARLETT JOHANSSON TO TIE ME UP AND TEACH ME THE ERROR OF MY WAYS.

Why are you even writing this stuff, then? If you are good enough for this topic, just stay away.

That last bit gave me a nice little chuckle though. I mean, how entirely up your arse does your head have to be before you realise how much of an conceited condescending mug you actually are? Just because you've been going to games for 20 years doesn't make you the all-seeing all-knowing super-fan that you feel the need to convince & remind everyone of every other post.

I don't know about clues, since you apparently have some kind of covert ops inside intel at the Bridge if I'm not mistaken - but I do know that I have considerably more of a heart than you do when it comes to this club the players that you claim to 'love'.

I'm happy to agree to disagree over Lamps. I actually think we both view him as one of the greatest Chelsea players of all time and I'm sure we'll shed a tear when he goes like all Chelsea fans will.

But I've never known Chelsea supporters to call fellow Chelsea supporters paedophiles because they disagree with them about a player. I don't think I'm some 'super-fan' and I've only defended myself when certain posters on here have called into question my support, simply because I have an opinion that doesn't match their's. But I've known enough Chelsea supporters in my time to know that you don't resemble one of them in the slightest if that's how you conduct yourself.

@super_frank8, I honestly think you are looking at it (Lampard vs Zidane) from a different perspective....

I do not want to make this another 1 week long discussion, so I will be brief.

The fact Lampard puts up a fight with Zidane says enough about him already, it is not a bad thing that he is compared with the very top midfielder of all time and still loses it (to most people), it is actually a very positive thing. 99% of all footballers would automatically lose any discussion over those players, it only shows how great Super Frank is.

You have great points (that made me actually think about my opinion), but so does everyone who believes Zidane has the advantage. It is just like comparing Messi to Maradona, they are both really great but people have their personal opnion and taste. There is no wrong answer!

About the stupid argument some are making, I would choose Zidane and Lampard to my team. They dont play in the same position and they could have very well worked together. Lampard had his moments and so did Zidane, no need to choose only one of them.

I am entitled to my opinion and so are you...

Who cares about a cold night in Stoke? So, Peter Crouch is the best striker in then world.

who cares about you not being able to spot an irony and fucking to anybody who has different opinion than you, Mr. I-know-football-cos-i'm-brazillian

OK easy boys

Who cares about a cold night in Stoke? So, Peter Crouch is the best striker in then world.

Henrique this is a rhetorical question that has slipped into English football folklore since it was uttered by a pundit years ago. Manuf did not mean it literally

I'm happy to agree to disagree over Lamps. I actually think we both view him as one of the greatest Chelsea players of all time and I'm sure we'll shed a tear when he goes like all Chelsea fans will.

But I've never known Chelsea supporters to call fellow Chelsea supporters paedophiles because they disagree with them about a player. I don't think I'm some 'super-fan' and I've only defended myself when certain posters on here have called into question my support, simply because I have an opinion that doesn't match their's. But I've known enough Chelsea supporters in my time to know that you don't resemble one of them in the slightest if that's how you conduct yourself.

If you're looking at it objectively, then in reality - he is the indisputable greatest Chelsea player of all time. & that status will be immortalised beyond all plausible doubt once he gets those last 8 goals.

To be honest - I believe most Chelsea supporters would find your derogatory views on Lampard far more insulting than being called a pedo, cunt, wanker, or any other obtuse adjective for that matter.

You might think yourself a more genuine & superior supporter because of the fact you've been to games for 20 years & you apparently know so much more about this club than the rest of us do - but you certainly don't display half the heart that I expect from a True Blue.

Not when you speak about Frank with such chilling dissonance, as if removing all emotional attachment from the situation makes your argument far more plausible & this outrageous decision easier to accept.

If you were truly a blue-blooded Chelsea fan through & through - there is no way you could possibly bring yourself to do that.

Not when we are talking about the eternal legend that is Super Frankie fucking Lampard.

If you're looking at it objectively, then in reality - he is the indisputable greatest Chelsea player of all time. & that status will be immortalised beyond all plausible doubt once he gets those last 8 goals.

To be honest - I believe most Chelsea supporters would find your derogatory views on Lampard far more insulting than being called a pedo, cunt, wanker, or any other obtuse adjective for that matter.

You might think yourself a more genuine & superior supporter because of the fact you've been to games for 20 years & you apparently know so much more about this club than the rest of us do - but you certainly don't display half the heart that I expect from a True Blue.

Not when you speak about Frank with such chilling dissonance, as if removing all emotional attachment from the situation makes your argument far more plausible & this outrageous decision easier to accept.

If you were truly a blue-blooded Chelsea fan through & through - there is no way you could possibly bring yourself to do that.

Not when we are talking about the eternal legend that is Super Frankie fucking Lampard.

Fortunately people like you have no bearing on the legitimacy or worthiness of my support. If I get to the ground tomorrow and someone doesn't think I deserve to be allowed in, then I might give a shit. I'd probably twat them, but I'd feel bad for at least half-hour after.

I've said he's a great player and I've been effusive in praising his time at Chelsea, but also fair. You don't agree with me. I don't mind that but you've done it in a way that reflects poorly on Chelsea supporters. The thing is I defended us signing him all those years ago and it's something I'm very glad I did. But going forward, I don't think his presence is imperative to our success.

Here's the rub though - you and I had a bet on Chelsea finishing in the top four this season. If we do, you leave. The reason you're going to lose is because you bet against Chelsea. Me.....I've never done that.

Oh, and paedophile, cunt and wanker are all nouns. :tophat:

WHY DO I KEEP COMING TO THIS TOPIC? WHY DO I NEVER LEARN? MAYBE I NEED SCARLETT JOHANSSON TO TIE ME UP AND TEACH ME THE ERROR OF MY WAYS.

If she's not available, i'm free. :wub:

Now back on track, IMO Lampard is more on par with the likes of Gerrard rather than someone like Zidane, i mean come on... Zidane' a fucking artist, he was simply breathtaking.

Fortunately people like you have no bearing on the legitimacy or worthiness of my support. If I get to the ground tomorrow and someone doesn't think I deserve to be allowed in, then I might give a shit. I'd probably twat them, but I'd feel bad for at least half-hour after.

I've said he's a great player and I've been effusive in praising his time at Chelsea, but also fair. You don't agree with me. I don't mind that but you've done it in a way that reflects poorly on Chelsea supporters. The thing is I defended us signing him all those years ago and it's something I'm very glad I did. But going forward, I don't think his presence is imperative to our success.

Here's the rub though - you and I had a bet on Chelsea finishing in the top four this season. If we do, you leave. The reason you're going to lose is because you bet against Chelsea. Me.....I've never done that.

Oh, and paedophile, cunt and wanker are all nouns. :tophat:

If fighting for a player that you have adored for more than a decade with all of your heart, to save the club you love from the gravest mistake they will have ever made - 'reflects poorly on Chelsea supporters' - well if your perspective is the universal truth of past, present & future, then I must be the most appalling supporter of them all. & I take that title with more honour & pride than you will ever know of.

As for the bet, if you actually believe that I took some petty online forum wager with some irrelevant stranger as a serious formal notion of any kind, as you seem to - then you're even more delusional than I realised. As I recall that was merely to make a point about Rafa's methods & results at the time not being able to get us a place in the top 4 - which is clearly not an issue so long as Lamps & the other key individuals in the team are performing. If you really are trying to swing this whole thing as if I'm the one going against my own club, that's just foolish.

Oh & it's 4:30 in the morning where I am right now, so I apologise for my spontaneous brain fart & incorrect verbal terminology - but what I have said isn't entirely out of context either - since those words do indeed describe you quite accurately, despite yourself not literally being them by definition, right? :halo:

@super_frank8, I honestly think you are looking at it (Lampard vs Zidane) from a different perspective....

I do not want to make this another 1 week long discussion, so I will be brief.

The fact Lampard puts up a fight with Zidane says enough about him already, it is not a bad thing that he is compared with the very top midfielder of all time and still loses it (to most people), it is actually a very positive thing. 99% of all footballers would automatically lose any discussion over those players, it only shows how great Super Frank is.

You have great points (that made me actually think about my opinion), but so does everyone who believes Zidane has the advantage. It is just like comparing Messi to Maradona, they are both really great but people have their personal opnion and taste. There is no wrong answer!

About the stupid argument some are making, I would choose Zidane and Lampard to my team. They dont play in the same position and they could have very well worked together. Lampard had his moments and so did Zidane, no need to choose only one of them.

I am entitled to my opinion and so are you...

Yes I agree, claiming that one is better than the other is merely a difference of opinion. Nothing wrong with that, everyone has different footballing values & qualities they admire when it comes to the beautiful game. So fair enough, no point arguing about that, because we would likely be here forever.

However, when you state that regarding Lampard over Zidane is 'just wrong' - suggesting Zizou is on some kind of unreachable pedestal that a mere mortal like Frank has never challenged - well then in an objective sense, I think that is 'just wrong' too.

While I can understand those that would choose Zidane over Lampard, I don't understand how anyone can claim that it is as easy & clear-cut a decision as some do.

& you don't by any means fall into that category as I can now see, but there are others in this thread, on a Chelsea supporter's forum of all places, who don't afford Frank the plaudits & credit that he deserves...hence why he is one of the most underrated players of all-time.

Now back on track, IMO Lampard is more on par with the likes of Gerrard rather than someone like Zidane, i mean come on... Zidane' a fucking artist, he was simply breathtaking.

In my opinion, Lampard & Gerrard both deserve to be considered on the same level as Zidane - but I guess it just comes down to the types of things that you admire & value in football.

The aesthetic aspect is something to behold without a doubt, no one could glide over the turf with the same awe-inspiring grace & poise that Zidane did. But at the same time, as a player for much of my life, I think of football as football, not mere entertainment or business as I guess some others do.

& as a football player who wins games, as an attacking midfielder who creates & finishes opportunities - no one has been as effective as Lamps has.

In my all-time ultimate dream team though, I would likely have all 3 rather than force myself to choose between a trio of the greatest midfielders to have ever played the game.

I am a little bit confused why are we comparing zidane and lampard. First you are comparing 2 different players. If you want technical ability even frank will take zidane over himself. If you want a player who defend better even zidane will take lampard over himself

I am a little bit confused why are we comparing zidane and lampard. First you are comparing 2 different players. If you want technical ability even frank will take zidane over himself. If you want a player who defend better even zidane will take lampard over himself

Because there's still five months until this matter is resolved and there's not much else to talk about. :blush:

who cares about you not being able to spot an irony and fucking to anybody who has different opinion than you, Mr. I-know-football-cos-i'm-brazillian

Actually I'm a special one, because most brazilians dont have a clue about football, and even most people who like football dont know what they say. They believe Scolari is still a great coach.