Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Manchester United's Matteo Darmian being targeted by Barcelona as Spanish club search for a wing back this summer

• Barcelona are searching for a new wing back in the transfer market 
  • Manchester United's Matteo Darmian is among those being targeted
  • AC Milan's Mattia De Sciglio, Borussia Monchengladbach's Fabian Johnson and Bayer Leverkusen's Wendell are other potential signings 

By KIERAN GILL FOR MAILONLINE 

PUBLISHED: 20:02 EST, 3 July 2016 UPDATED: 20:58 EST, 3 July 2016

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-3672183/Manchester-United-s-Matteo-Darmian-targeted-Barcelona-Spanish-club-search-wing-summer.html

I full expect Abraham, Solanke to be out on loan.  Let's face it Abraham, JCS, and that lot only played because the games were dead rubber; and Guus had nothing to lose.  We start this season with the title in our sights, not a chance we play kids until the cup games.  Kenedy and RLC the exceptions

He's going there, isn't he? :( With basically no competition as well it seems like. I was holding out hope that Real Madrid would come in and that's that. Mourinho will promise him the moon and the stars. And £300k a week.

Zlatan, Pogba, Mkhitaryan, and Martial in their attack. Absolutely mad. 

5 minutes ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

That's a nice team he's building if these rumours are true, I would be surprised if he doesn't add at least another CB and/or CM.
Can't wait for that Conte/José Head to Head.

Don't know if they need another CB. Smalling is one starter and this dude they just bought is supposedly gonna be good. Rojo, Blind, and Phil Jones as cover. Carrick can play there if necessary.

They're stacked in midfield already and if they get Pogba I think they'll need to sell someone. Herrera, Schweinsteiger, Schneiderlin, Carrick and Fellaini looks super crowded. Maybe even Rooney. Add Pogba and at least a couple of those would never see the pitch.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Don't know if they need another CB. Smalling is one starter and this dude they just bought is supposedly gonna be good. Rojo, Blind, and Phil Jones as cover. Carrick can play there if necessary.

They're stacked in midfield already and if they get Pogba I think they'll need to sell someone. Herrera, Schweinsteiger, Schneiderlin, Carrick and Fellaini looks super crowded. Maybe even Rooney. Add Pogba and at least a couple of those would never see the pitch.

Rojo, Blind and Carrick aren't CBs. Not that crazy that they get an actual CB for cover/starter.

On 7/1/2016 at 2:56 PM, xPetrCechx said:

Haha. good one....

We need at least 4-5 new players imo (Striker,CB,LB/RB,CM and maybe 1 more Striker/CB).

Definitely another CM with those you've listed. I think six or seven would be the magic number now: one CB, two FBs, two CMs, one striker (already signed). number seven would be another striker depending on Antonio.

As it is, Matic, RLC and Fabregas are our CMs.  Oscar is dubious, Mikel can't hack it.  In this league adding only ONE more to that group just isn't enough to make top four IMO --unless we're planning to play more cautious football, take a goal and defend the whole match. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. More of that resoundingly dreadful global brand from Chelsea.

Have we even been linked to another wing back? Someone like Rodriguez? If we play with 3 at back, then who will be our wide players? I am thinking Pedro and Kenedy would come in useful, with hazard playing more central. 

48 minutes ago, It's too big said:

Have we even been linked to another wing back? Someone like Rodriguez? If we play with 3 at back, then who will be our wide players? I am thinking Pedro and Kenedy would come in useful, with hazard playing more central. 

For whatever reason, Rodriguez has always been linked to Arsenal/Liverpool in the premier league....even though he would be a nice upgrade on Baba

I'm guessing the wide players will be Pedro, Willian, Kennedy and Cuadrado/Moses (depending on who Conte prefers). 

9 minutes ago, quickpassnmove said:

pretty good player, but nothing so special. 

we need players who can finish.

If he continues the form of this season, he will be top 3 player in PL no doubt.

According to Spanish website Ideal, La Liga side Granada are keen on signing Angban on loan, after completing a deal for Jeremie Boga.

Granada are also interested in the services of Dominic Solanke, but the Spanish website believe a deal for the English forward could be a bit complicated.