Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

17 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Fucking mercenaries to the money, they all are. But these fuckers who go to China are laughable.

Not really laughable when you're a 30 year old average player that gets a chance to earn £200k a week extra for a few years..

22 hours ago, the wes said:

Barcelona have confirmed the signing defender Samuel Umtiti from Lyon for 25m Euros (£21m), with the France international signing a five-year deal.

Why wasn't he on our wants list? Its not like we don't  need a couple of defenders.

I'd go for Blind in a heartbeat if the rumors - that Jose isn't a fan - are true. He's the typical player Jose doesn't appreciate: very technical. This would be the perfect squad player (the 13th player)!

TBH still don't understand how Jose ended up at united - never seen United employ the bulldozer style Jose is known for.

question coming from someone completely out of the loop - had been working like crazy and was taking much needed time off with the family.

But now I'm back home and still have 20 days until work, so it's time to get updated about my Chels.  who exactly are the names we're linked to? I don't mean DM rumours, but names we're strongly linked. Please tell there are any.

11 minutes ago, Barbara said:

question coming from someone completely out of the loop - had been working like crazy and was taking much needed time off with the family.

But now I'm back home and still have 20 days until work, so it's time to get updated about my Chels.  who exactly are the names we're linked to? I don't mean DM rumours, but names we're strongly linked. Please tell there are any.

Morata was linked but the price was heavy and it seems things have moved away for now. Kante sounds like he is very close to signing for us, a lot of media reporting this and a lot of good sources reporting it.  The Naionggolan rumours were in full flow weeks ago but that has some what fell away as I think he wants to remain at Roma. Khoulabaly again was apparently close to coming but things have swung towards Everton according to the media but that rumour is still circulating and I feel it may still have legs and could happen.

16 minutes ago, Barbara said:

As SJ mentioned, Morata and Nainggolan were two big rumours that have now died. Both seem to be staying put. 

Kante is the name we are strongly linked with night now, many reporting a deal is close. 

It seems we have has two bids rejected for the Valencia and Portugal midfielder Andre Gomes. 

DiMarzio has mentioned interest in Witsel and Koulibaly. 

Also, the last few days we seem to be interested in Joao Mario, with on poster with apparent links to Sporting saying talks are happening. 

Last week eek we seem to have had a bid rejected for Santos striker Barbosa. Reports today indicating he hasn't yet signed a new contract and the €30m we bid would still tempt him to come. The report also mentioned the bid was high enough to salsify Santos, so it's up the the player, though he is wary about game time. 

Lucas Digne is a very good player.

Never said he wasn't. This move just reminds me of his initial move to PSG and it will move result in him being on the bench more often than not. He had a good thing at Roma.

12 hours ago, Robguima said:

I'd go for Blind in a heartbeat if the rumors - that Jose isn't a fan - are true. He's the typical player Jose doesn't appreciate: very technical. This would be the perfect squad player (the 13th player)!

TBH still don't understand how Jose ended up at united - never seen United employ the bulldozer style Jose is known for.

God nooooo, Blind is awful.

Some transfer fees still make sense.

Excellent business from Barcelona with the Umtiti purchase. At least as talented as Stones (60 mil), Laporte (40-50 mil) and Marquinhos (40 mil+) but so much cheaper at 25 mil.

Astute business from Juve yet again. Loan for 3 mil with an option to buy for 17 mil. You'd think Arsenal and Utd would be all over Benatia but instead he's joining Juve as a stand-in. Crazy but maybe they weren't willing to invest in a player with a dodgy fitness record or maybe he only wanted to return to Italy. Wouldn't even have minded him at Chelsea tbh.

Ibe to Bournemouth for 18 mil (!). I wonder how much the likes Baker, Loftus-Cheek, Solanke etc. would bring up. Chelsea need to get some of this funny money as well.