Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

5 hours ago, quickpassnmove said:

Can anyone here tell us about Gaston Gil Romero?  I've been using this player for the past two seasons in FIFA because he's a perfect, young all-rounder. 

He's joining River to replace Kranevitter.

On 08/01/2016 at 1:53 PM, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

By my count the window opened a week ago. Why are some posters complaining about not signing anyone? You guys need to relax, we've been linked with a number of players and I have every confidence we will sign one or two players but you have to remember we don't have a full compliment of homegrown players so bringing someone in may mean someone must go out.

And on one hand you guys are all crying about giving the youth a chance and then as soon as the window opens you're banging on about signing someone. Make up your mind.

Problem is same thing happened with the summer window.it opened..nothing happened for a while..people moaned..told to be patient it'd just opened etc..and then it shut and we'd signed pretty much sod all..

January always hard and prices are ridiculous.Just need someone who could maybe spark something but if not see what summer brings..and where we are as a club by then.

Hmm, I still think we should get a new LB to compete with Baba and a new CM at the very least, although if Oscar, Fabregas, Mikel ect. all play at the level that they have recently, it is possible that we could do without them until summer, although what happens if we play the likes of PSG? Can they replicate those good performances?

1 hour ago, TheYESDragon said:

Hmm, I still think we should get a new LB to compete with Baba and a new CM at the very least, although if Oscar, Fabregas, Mikel ect. all play at the level that they have recently, it is possible that we could do without them until summer, although what happens if we play the likes of PSG? Can they replicate those good performances?

We need another striker too, and right now I would be happy with Alex Teixiera or Oumar Niasse over Falcao, despite never seeing Niasse play. lol

I just don't think anything will happen

No point to winter signings now. Chelsea isn't finishing 4th and most of the long term key signings are cup tied and some of those don't want to play without CL football.

Not to mention we don't know who the coach will be for 2016-2017. 

No point in acquiring more dead weight at an inflated price.

Chelsea weigh up move for AC Milan striker Carlos Bacca but could face competition from Manchester United (Telegraph) #CFC #MUFC

Carlos Bacca only moved to AC Milan from Sevilla last summer, but could be available for £30million this month (Telegraph) #CFC #MUFC

20 minutes ago, Thendo said:

Bacca is quite good, but no way anyone will pay £30m for him, at the age of 29? Surely we aren't that stupid? 

My guess is the reports are meant to be 30m euros. Because I have seen some of the Italian media saying euros, in recent days

24 minutes ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

My guess is the reports are meant to be 30m euros. Because I have seen some of the Italian media saying euros, in recent days

Probably, silly that media is still doing that kind of mistakes...Still abit too much for a soon to be 30 year old striker imo though .

40 minutes ago, Thendo said:

Probably, silly that media is still doing that kind of mistakes...Still abit too much for a soon to be 30 year old striker imo though .

The media do it all the time with nearly all our transfers. They do it to make Chelsea look worse than it is with spending and keep the image of "buying success etc" going, because that gets them clicks and reads.

I think sooner or later, one of Ramires - Mikel will need to leave the club, for some other better players to have their place in the team. Which one and when, don't know. There are just too many midfielders in our squad, and when you look at the end of the day what we have - nothing. Off-form Matić and Fabregas and bunch of average back ups. Sooner rather than later...

Just look at Bayern, for example. They are extreme about that, but still. Xabi, Vidal, Martinez, Alcantara, Rode and even Lahm and Alaba, for that two midfield positions.