Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Javi Martinez is new target for #CFC, who are going to present an offer to the Bavarian club in the next few days. (Mediaset) #FCBayern

Hiddink is a big fan of Martinez because of his versatility and believes his winning mentality could provide a vital lift to #CFC squad (cm)

16 hours ago, Eidur the Spider said:

Javi Martinez is new target for #CFC, who are going to present an offer to the Bavarian club in the next few days. (Mediaset) #FCBayern

Hiddink is a big fan of Martinez because of his versatility and believes his winning mentality could provide a vital lift to #CFC squad (cm)

:lol: Like that is going to happen.

(1) Why would he leave Bayern now and join us in the current situation we are in? (2) He's Bayern's most expensive signing in history. No way they will just let him go and let him go on a cheap. (3) Signing new contract means nothing but he just signed a one month or two ago, no chance of him leaving (in January).

1 hour ago, LondonsFinest said:

Am I the only one worried about our lack of activity. It's like we aren't in January...

I hope I'm wrong I have a feeling Chelsea are not going to signing anyone ??probably buy low key players and loan them out ?? we are slowly turn into arsenal in the transfer window ??

2 hours ago, the wes said:

I hope I'm wrong I have a feeling Chelsea are not going to signing anyone ??probably buy low key players and loan them out ?? we are slowly turn into arsenal in the transfer window ??

Yes, it's a bit worrying.  After our inactive summer plus the disastrous season, you'd think that they would have had transfers lined up for the start of the window.  That seems to be the mark of successful transfer window.  Business done early.

I guess this come back to what @Ossie the King has been banging on about.

Who exactly is in charge of the Transfers and is it Emenalo? If it is, he must know what's needed and have a plan, but if he has a plan of the players needed what does the manager decide? To me that's a huge conflict of interest unless both parties agree on the same player?

it does comeback to needing a footballing philosphy (other than buy cheap, sell high) 

i don't see how you can back an interim manager big in the transfer window if in 5 months somebody else is running the show (see above)

The more I think about this situation, the more absurd it becomes :(

im bracing myself for zero signings, I think this is the only realistic outcome 

By my count the window opened a week ago. Why are some posters complaining about not signing anyone? You guys need to relax, we've been linked with a number of players and I have every confidence we will sign one or two players but you have to remember we don't have a full compliment of homegrown players so bringing someone in may mean someone must go out.

And on one hand you guys are all crying about giving the youth a chance and then as soon as the window opens you're banging on about signing someone. Make up your mind.

39 minutes ago, Jason said:

People need to understand that it's much harder to do business in January. All the top players aren't available and with the situation we're in now along with the uncertain future - e.g. who will be our next manager - it's arguably even much harder to attract players. And besides, some of our recent January transfers have been nothing but disasters - Torres, Cuadrado, Salah etc.

Agree completely but I think the hole is way deeper than that. I think we dont even know which players we want to sign. One thing would be to have targets but not being able to complete the deals, but  in my opinion the Board doesnt even know which players would be good signs in January. We dont know who will manage us next season so why sign a markew player who 5 months from now might not be the type of player the new coach wants? It would just be more millions down the drain.

BUUUUT, although this scenario is initally bad since we have no perspective on our season performance improving, it might be wiser than going all nuts trying to salvage it like in 2011. Spending 50m on a declined striker and so on.

I just wish we could at least sign some good "unkown/cheap" names so the likes of Costa, Oscar, Fabregas, Matic and Cahill stopped playing. The season is already doomed so why not bet on players who wouldnt normally have a chance. It seems pretty bloody obvious. Play RLC, play Baba, sign someone like Pjanic/Christensen, Vardy maybe?, i dont know you got the idea.

As much as our situation is dire, panic signings won't do us any good. We don't have many ambitions this season, our squad needs leaders more than fresh and competent legs right now. Let's see if we find it within ourselves to regroup and scrap something from a dead season.

With an interim, a director of football supposedly doing the signings and a team likely to not play UCL next season, the wiser thing to is hope and pray for a good summer, where we can spend the huge amount from the TV deal (although every other English club will have the same at their hands). For now, I can only see some leadership being brought - at most.

Lars Stindl CM/CF might be a good buy.

Can anyone here tell us about Gaston Gil Romero?  I've been using this player for the past two seasons in FIFA because he's a perfect, young all-rounder. 

need: CM, fullback, strong striker.