Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

3 hours ago, didierforever said:

another brilliant transfer window from the board so far.

after last window's brilliant work in getting papy and hector, i had honestly not thought that the board would be able to surpass that commendable work. but credit where its due. keep it up, the board. 

What were you expecting to have done? 

4 minutes ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

Anyone think after reading Hiddink's comments last night re.Berahino, and us playing them tonight that he may well be the one we sign?

His attitude is fucking rank though

What did he say regarding him?

19 hours ago, didierforever said:

another brilliant transfer window from the board so far.

after last window's brilliant work in getting papy and hector, i had honestly not thought that the board would be able to surpass that commendable work. but credit where its due. keep it up, the board. 

Judge it at the end DF.

I know you know this stuff already but just to be explicit:-

Where there is no binding buy-out clause, selling clubs have little or no incentive to sell early. They know that the looming deadline is their friend. The only circumstance in which a club might sell early is when they need the money and no other club is competing for the player we want. If the player is of the quality both you and I would like to see recruited then there are bound to be other suitors and that always puts paid to a quick outcome. Even if there is no other potential buyer however, few selling clubs need the money so desperately that they can't wait a few weeks for the deal to be done.

Lack of result is not a sign of lack of activity.

16 hours ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

damage control or atleast a statement of intent for the coming summer.

we need a full back or 2, we need a CM or 2, we need a striker, we need a CB. 

and this would still not address the problem of AMs like oscar and pedro and the fact that hazard's exit looks like a certainity.

the squad needs such a massive overhaul and our board is completely and totally clueless.

damage control or atleast a statement of intent for the coming summer.

we need a full back or 2, we need a CM or 2, we need a striker, we need a CB. 

and this would still not address the problem of AMs like oscar and pedro and the fact that hazard's exit looks like a certainity.

the squad needs such a massive overhaul and our board is completely and totally clueless.

Damage control? With no manager? We're gonna have to spend big to fix these mistakes and we won't be able to spend big in back to back windows. Another thing to consider is player registration, we can't just buy players without selling because we're at the threshold for non-association trained players.

Get the manager in first, come with a vision and a plan, THEN spend like mad to address holes.

I know it sucks but this is just the predicament we're in and short term fixes aren't going to change it. Be patient, what's a couple months in the life of a football club?

36 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Damage control? With no manager? We're gonna have to spend big to fix these mistakes and we won't be able to spend big in back to back windows. Another thing to consider is player registration, we can't just buy players without selling because we're at the threshold for non-association trained players.

Get the manager in first, come with a vision and a plan, THEN spend like mad to address holes.

I know it sucks but this is just the predicament we're in and short term fixes aren't going to change it. Be patient, what's a couple months in the life of a football club?

As it pains me to see the lack of action this is the best course of action. Let's wait for the new manager to get the player he wants. 

No need in buying more players like Remy type. This is why I don't agree with the rumors of Vardy and Behraino. Just no!

Duke it out with these guys unless you can get a world class player in now....which I doubt it!

I don't know about this lack of action thing, i definitely see the point of it, but on the other hand i don't think going all guns blazing on players like Marquinhos, Stones, Embolo, Gayà, Fabinho would be a great disservice to the next manager.

1 minute ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

I don't know about this lack of action thing, i definitely see the point of it, but on the other hand i don't think going all guns blazing on players like Marquinhos, Stones, Embolo, Gayà, Fabinho would be a great disservice to the next manager.

Except for the fact that we are the quota for players who aren't homegrown. so with the exception of John Stones, who I think will likely leave in the summer, its best not to spend big unless you know exactly who the manager wants.

1 hour ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

first of all, we have plenty of HG/U19 players: begovic, blackman, zouma (u-19),GC,JT, aina, RLC, cesc, kenedy, traore

that's 10 HG/U-19 players. and I don't think that except for aina, any of those would be getting replaced. and then there are players like papy and falcao who can be replaced by jake-Clarke-salter and bamford, since I don't see them contributing ANYTHING to the club whatsoever. so I have no clue what problem we have with the HG quota.

secondly, whats the probability that we DO get a good manager like pep or simeone. whats the probavility that even if we do get them, we would give them the players we want rather than getting papy and Michael hector. we have both supported the club long enough to know that here, the manager does not address the issue, the board does.

I feel we are going down the Liverpool way. this could have been the moment to make a massive decision for the club. for eg - we could have gone all out for a FB, say ricardo rodriguez. rather we seem to be giving ivanovic a bloody contract extension.

Just now, didierforever said:

first of all, we have plenty of HG/U19 players: begovic, blackman, zouma (u-19),GC,JT, aina, RLC, cesc, kenedy, traore

that's 10 HG/U-19 players. and I don't think that except for aina, any of those would be getting replaced. and then there are players like papy and falcao who can be replaced by jake-Clarke-salter and bamford, since I don't see them contributing ANYTHING to the club whatsoever. so I have no clue what problem we have with the HG quota.

secondly, whats the probability that we DO get a good manager like pep or simeone. whats the probavility that even if we do get them, we would give them the players we want rather than getting papy and Michael hector. we have both supported the club long enough to know that here, the manager does not address the issue, the board does.

I feel we are going down the Liverpool way. this could have been the moment to make a massive decision for the club. for eg - we could have gone all out for a FB, say ricardo rodriguez. rather we seem to be giving ivanovic a bloody contract extension.

I don't think you understand the rule... A Home Grown player will be defined as one who, irrespective of his nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to the Football Association or the Football Association of Wales for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons or 36 months prior to his 21st birthday (or the end of the season during which he turns 21).

So right off the bat, Zouma, Kenedy, Traore don't qualify... Blackman and Aina aren't registered...

I'm not gonna bother addressing the rest because until you grasp the HG status it makes little sense.

17 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

I don't think you understand the rule... A Home Grown player will be defined as one who, irrespective of his nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to the Football Association or the Football Association of Wales for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons or 36 months prior to his 21st birthday (or the end of the season during which he turns 21).

So right off the bat, Zouma, Kenedy, Traore don't qualify... Blackman and Aina aren't registered...

I'm not gonna bother addressing the rest because until you grasp the HG status it makes little sense.

LOL.

so tell me our 8 players "HG" players.

our squad at the start of the season was:

GKs: tibo, bego (HG), blackman (HG)

D: JT (HG), GC(HG), zouma, iva, azpi, baba, papy, aina

M: cesc (HG), matic, Rambo, mikel, RLC(hg), Oscar, hazard, willian, pedro, kenedy, traore

S: costa, remy, falcao

so according to u we started the season with just 6 HG players and the FA said, "its alright. let them do that"

you can either have an HG player or give the spot to an U-21 player. which zouma, aina, kenedy, traore ALL qualify for.

blackman was later replaced with Amelia but considering the chances of tibo/bego again getting injured for long term are slim, we can take our chances with blackman again.

so there, do your research mate. :lol:

ps - http://www.chelseafc.com/teams/first-team.html

blackman and aina are both registered.

pps - I was wrong. even BABA qualifies as an U21 player for this season. so in short, we have bego, jamal, GC, JT, zouma, baba, aina, cesc, RLC, kenedy, traore. so that's 11 players who qualify for that rule. :lol:

18 minutes ago, didierforever said:

LOL.

so tell me our 8 players "HG" players.

our squad at the start of the season was:

GKs: tibo, bego (HG), blackman (HG)

D: JT (HG), GC(HG), zouma, iva, azpi, baba, papy, aina

M: cesc (HG), matic, Rambo, mikel, RLC(hg), Oscar, hazard, willian, pedro, kenedy, traore

S: costa, remy, falcao

so according to u we started the season with just 6 HG players and the FA said, "its alright. let them do that"

you can either have an HG player or give the spot to an U-21 player. which zouma, aina, kenedy, traore ALL qualify for.

blackman was later replaced with Amelia but considering the chances of tibo/bego again getting injured for long term are slim, we can take our chances with blackman again.

so there, do your research mate. :lol:

No they don't. The u-21 rule does not include players from foreign territories. You can register as many u-21s as you want but in order to register a full  for the Prem or CL you need 8 HG players.

u-21 players can be registered but they don't necessarily count in the 25 man roster. SO any player under the age of 21 make up the 25 man squad BUT only if the amount of players we have who are OVER 21 does not exceed 18 players. 

Come back when you understand the rules. Even football manager teaches you this.

1 minute ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

No they don't. The u-21 rule does not include players from foreign territories. You can register as many u-21s as you want but in order to register a full  for the Prem or CL you need 8 HG players.

u-21 players can be registered but they don't necessarily count in the 25 man roster. SO any player under the age of 21 make up the 25 man squad BUT only if the amount of players we have who are OVER 21 do no exceed 18 players. 

Come back when you understand the rules. Even football manager teaches you this.

oh dear. so are you telling me that zouma, kenedy, traore don't qualify as U-21 players?

so tell me which players over 21 do we have.

I asked you a simple question to begin with, tell me our 8 HG players since you are so sure you know everything. I have given you the squad that we officially registerd and is on our main site, tell me the 8 HG players. why don't u try it?

Football manager.. hahahha.. now I get it. dude, DO YOUR RESEARCH, instead of embarrassing yourself. PLease.

here, go through this. http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/clubs/profile.squads.html/chelsea and again, stop embarrassing yourself.

1 hour ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

Except for the fact that we are the quota for players who aren't homegrown. so with the exception of John Stones, who I think will likely leave in the summer, its best not to spend big unless you know exactly who the manager wants.

26 minutes ago, didierforever said:

oh dear. so are you telling me that zouma, kenedy, traore don't qualify as U-21 players?

so tell me which players over 21 do we have.

I asked you a simple question to begin with, tell me our 8 HG players since you are so sure you know everything. I have given you the squad that we officially registerd and is on our main site, tell me the 8 HG players. why don't u try it?

Football manager.. hahahha.. now I get it. dude, DO YOUR RESEARCH, instead of embarrassing yourself. PLease.

here, go through this. http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/clubs/profile.squads.html/chelsea and again, stop embarrassing yourself.

You really don't get it do you? We've made up the squad number with u-21's to get to 25 because we don't have enough Home Grown players... Good Lord its like I'm speaking to a brick wall.

Yes Traore Kenedy, Zouma and Baba qualify as players we can use to make up a 25 man squad but they do NOT count as HG. So in essence we are running with a small inexperienced squad to make up for the fact are close to the threshold for non-association trained players

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/8858634.stm

DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW?