Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

how could we do without him? he has been one of our best players since he has comeback from injury. he is a sure shot starter for all of our big games, he is a decent cover for 3 or 4 places and most importantly he gives us something different from our other CM/Dm options which is necessary for a squad. the foundation of your argument is heavily flawed.

What exactly 'different' he gives us now?

how could we do without him? he has been one of our best players since he has comeback from injury. he is a sure shot starter for all of our big games, he is a decent cover for 3 or 4 places and most importantly he gives us something different from our other CM/Dm options which is necessary for a squad. the foundation of your argument is heavily flawed.

A guy that plays RWB, RW, CM, CDM, RM is already a reason to keep him, perfect squad player.

People praised him for his RW performance at Westham and last week after coming on for Matic vs Soton, where he bossed the whole midfield and now he suddenly is bad player.

The things he does are so underrated, many have mentioned Matic has been out of his best form for some time, but still we managed to beat Liverpool (second leg COC), Coc final, Aston Villa away, Everton and we did not lose against Paris (2) and City. Rambo is one of the reasons for that.

Why do you think Jose was so happy that "my Ramires is back"? He is useful, his legs, pressing and strength in midfield is vital, his stamina and pace to cover for our slow defenders is super important. His rushes going forward are so-so lately, but the guy can also score great goals, some here said he's our best 1 on 1 finisher.

Yes he isn't good at passing or being creative, sometimes he struggles with controlling a ball or makes a stupid error. But the guy isn't as bad as people here mention. A team can't have 11 Fabregas/Hazards, Ramires is here for the dirty work. His mentality is the one of a never giving up fighter.

We haven't lost a single tough game with him and Matic starting on the pitch this season. I agree he should not start every game, especially when we want to dominate smaller teams but he should stay if he's happy with a squad role.

Ramires needs to go simple as that. I would sell Ramires and Oscar exactly in that order. If we get Pogba there is absolutely no need for Ramires anymore and its probably the last season we can actually cash in some good money on Ramires because he will only go downhill from here.

if Chelsea can get good money for Ramires they will sell. He's a good energy guy who can bring a gritty edge but he also at times is terribly rash and his ball skills range from excellent to shambolic and it's like a lottery knowing how well he'll be controlling the ball each time he plays.

Hard to say how much will be spent but Chelsea needs a physical technically gifted CM who can play multiple roles. Not easy to get for cheap but there are pluggers who can do a hottest job because they know their job and don't try to do too much.

Different reports in Spain speak of the interest of Real Madrid and Atletico de Madrid in Robert Lewandowski. There are very unreliable reports, but they are two completely different reports and both give the same information: Robert Lewandowski is angry with Guardiola and wants to leave Bayern Munich this summer.

I think Robert Lewandowski could be a good signing. For me he is one of the few pure 9 that are on the market. And it could offer something different from Diego Costa.

Some friend of the forum from Germany or someone who knows Bundesliga can confirm that there are problems between Guardiola and Robert Lewandowski? Thanks in advance.

If there is any chance of signing him maybe he would be a good opportunity to try.

Regards.

Some wild outlandish claims in this thread. I think Jose said it best a few will be going out and a few coming in, not like 5-6 players like some of you have alluded to here.

I envision 1-2 marquee signings and a few padding signings.

My guess would be we will need a keeper and the best scenario in this regard is a british veteran. That would help with our HG status and give us a veteran presence behind Courtois.

GK - Shay Given? Robert Green?

We definitely need a CB Terry isn't getting any younger and clearly the wear and tear of a long season is getting to him. If we want to play true attacking football we need a CB who is good on the ball and not slow... Varane makes too much sense, I just don't see how adding another youngish CB helps us all that much next year. Sure we have to start thinking about the future but is Cahill (English vice-captain) really gonna sit on the bench? and what happens to Zouma? does the acquisition of Varane help Zouma's progression? I'm not 100% I guess in the ideal world we play 60 games next season and with 4 CB's who should play how does it get divvied up?

120 games - JT 45 games - Varane 35 games - Cahill 25 games - Zouma 15 games??? Jose doesn't like chopping and changing so I doubt this would happen and selling Cahill isn't gonna happen since he is integral to us meeting our HG quota. I feel the time to address CB might be after JT is gone, thinking Kalas gets called back and we look for a stud the following year.

CB - Kalas? Omeruo? Varane? Howedes?

I haven't really done a good job at hiding my obsession with Paul Pogba. In my eyes he is the prototypical Jose Mourinho midfielder. I have no doubt Jose is salivating at the glands at the prospect of having Matic AND Pogba in that holding role... the amount of shapes and lineup variations he can provide is mind boggling! (3-5-2, 4-1-2-1-2, 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1, 4-1-4-1 etc) he should be our no.1 target, bias aside. People say Koke is another player we can add, I'm not so sure he comes here, seems like a Xavi/Iniesta replacement.

CM - Pogba?

We will need a third striker and I'm sorry those who are screaming for Bamford to be that guy will be sadly disappointed if you ask me. Only way I see this scenario play out is if Remy wants to move on and we can't get a replacement at a decent price. Patrick isn't even playing as a lone striker at Middlesborough, there is no way Jose gives him a chance to do that for Chelsea. My guess is he goes to a team that will guarantee him CF play and maybe the year after he gets his chance at Chelsea. What we will need is a striker who can compete in the air should we have a need to play more direct. That is the sole reason why Drogba gets games, has nothing to do with loyalty to Drogba he's still fantastic with his back to goal. So who out there can be effective with their back to goal? Surely Christian Benteke is an appealing option off the bench! I also think a buy like Charlie Austin is interesting if QPR go down. He provides HG quota and also decent aerial ability and finishing, not so certain he'd come cheap though and his acquisition does block Bamford. Bas Dost... hahaha. I would try and pry Benteke away from Villa and go with a strike force of Costa, Remy, Benteke with Bamford a year away from challenging.

CF - Benteke? Austin? Dost? Kramaric?

Anyways I don't think we'll make a lot of moves I do think players like Mikel, Cech, Moses, Salah and perhaps even Oscar will be moved to make way for a couple key signings. In Oscar's case he only gets moved if the notion is we're playing more 4-3-3 with Pogba coming in.

Wow... you couldn't be more wrong!

Their start to the season killed them, but if the season started in November they'll be behind us by 2-5 points. They are topping the head to head matches between the top 6 teams (something we were topping last season) Unfortunately for them all english teams are knocked out of the Champions League.

Infact they're just 2 points behind title chasing mancity. Their start killed them

Different reports in Spain speak of the interest of Real Madrid and Atletico de Madrid in Robert Lewandowski. There are very unreliable reports, but they are two completely different reports and both give the same information: Robert Lewandowski is angry with Guardiola and wants to leave Bayern Munich this summer.

I think Robert Lewandowski could be a good signing. For me he is one of the few pure 9 that are on the market. And it could offer something different from Diego Costa.

Some friend of the forum from Germany or someone who knows Bundesliga can confirm that there are problems between Guardiola and Robert Lewandowski? Thanks in advance.

If there is any chance of signing him maybe he would be a good opportunity to try.

Regards.

Why would Lewandowski come to Chelsea to share time with Diego? Never gonna happen. He can easily go to Utd, Arsenal, Real and be the top dog.

Why would Lewandowski come to Chelsea to share time with Diego? Never gonna happen. He can easily go to Utd, Arsenal, Real and be the top dog.

Hi friend!

I would not be the first time a team has two great strikers. We ourselves have had several times ...

Mourinho usually do that on their computers very often. Higuain - Benzema, Eto'o - Milito, Drugs - Sheva ... I do not think it was crazy or impossible.

If he had problems with Guardiola sign for a team of Mourinho can be a perfect treason.

But it was just a comment / desire, there is not even rumors.

Regards.

Hi friend!

I would not be the first time a team has two great strikers. We ourselves have had several times ...

Mourinho usually do that on their computers very often. Higuain - Benzema, Eto'o - Milito, Drugs - Sheva ... I do not think it was crazy or impossible.

If he had problems with Guardiola sign for a team of Mourinho can be a perfect treason.

But it was just a comment / desire, there is not even rumors.

Regards.

We don't play a two striker system enough to utilize them both. What we need is a secondary striker not another prime time player. Lewandowski is not gonna sit on the bench and neither is Diego, they both could feature regularly for pretty much any team in the World.

If we want to keep with our policy of making the right buys and not the dumb luxury buy then Lewandowski makes no sense.

We don't play a two striker system enough to utilize them both. What we need is a secondary striker not another prime time player. Lewandowski is not gonna sit on the bench and neither is Diego, they both could feature regularly for pretty much any team in the World.

If we want to keep with our policy of making the right buys and not the dumb luxury buy then Lewandowski makes no sense.

A season is very long and have one center forward conditions us a lot.

I am sure, without doubt, that we will sign a center forward this summer. Diego is physically very fragile and he can not play 100% of matches.

We play two games per week. Having two center forward would give us the possibility to create a great competition between each playing one game a week.

And it would not be the first time that happens in football ...

I am sure, without doubt, that we will sign a center forward this summer. Diego is physically very fragile and he can not play 100% of matches.

We play two games per week. Having two center forward would give us the possibility to create a great competition between each playing one game a week.

Two guys in their primes like Costa and Robert is unlikely.

United play 2 forwards, but Falcao is declining as is RVP. Rooney has the ability to play in the midfield and they even sold their academy product in welback.

City also played 2 cfs but Negredo eventually got shipped out and their is constant rumors of Dzeko leaving. Not to mention, Jovetic rarely plays.

Regards.

Lewandowski took a pay cut and went to Munich and will continue winning trophies there. No way he will leave Munich.

At bayern, every position outside of GK has competition. Kroos left cause he couldn't handle it. Gomez left cause he couldn't handle it.

Oh I have no doubt in my mind we will sign another CF I just highly doubt it will be one of the premier CF's the world has to offer. I can see another Remy signing, the kind where the player hasn't proven himself at a high level or at a big club but has done enough get a chance. I would love Benteke or Austin personally.