Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

With the Yokohama deal and selling the deadwood (Moses, McEachran, Salah, Marin, Romeu etc...) then we can expect about £75m on top of anything we can cover through revenue (including the £18m not counted in the Yokohama deal as we had that anyway with Samsung), competition revenue as hopefully we will better last year's finishes. I would expect us to have around £100m to sign a defender; reportedly Varane, a midfielder and a forward.

I am hoping we get rid of Mikel and bring in someone to cover Matic whom is competent and I wouldn't mind Lars Bender though if Dortmund don't reach the Champions League I would take Sven on the cheap. As for a forward I have no clue, maybe Icardi but I see him commanding a high price that I don't think would be worth it when he would be second/third choice. Bas Dost is on form but it would be a massive gamble. Lacazette is another gamble but has more consistency in Ligue 1; yet we've seen how that worked with Giroud.

In an ideal world this would be:
Raphael Varane - £30m

Sven Bender - £17.5m

Alexandre Lacazette - £22.5m

That would be £40m for another player if we need them. I doubt it but Pogba would be great though (probably cost more than that too BUT this doesn't factor in the likely sale of Mikel if we were to sign him and a defensive midfielder) I cannot see Mourinho dropping Oscar or moving him to the right and making him ineffective to play 433.

Would love to see us buy Varane and a proper cover player for Matic in the summer (Imbula, Moutinho, Bender, Kondogbia all good shouts and I would be happy with any of them).

Really don't think we need another striker... Said it before and i'll say it again, Costa is our nailed on starter, Remy is a quality 2nd choice (would start for the majority of teams in the PL) and as our 3rd choice we could have Paddy Bamford.

I really do think he's ready, he really performed against City in the FA Cup and he's scored 12 goals in 28 games (22 starts) for Boro which are pretty fantastic figures. It's not just that though, you watch the way he plays and he has a really good eye for goal and his finishing is absolutely fantastic. He doesn't hold up the ball very well (but then neither does Remy) but I feel like he could really develop that part of his game under Drogba if he (as expected) moves into a coaching role at the club at the end of the season.

In:

Raphael Varane

Sami Khedira(Pogba if affordable. :ph34r: )

Icardi?

Out:

Mikel - Don't think there will be much room for him if Khedira or any other midfielder comes in.

Cech - I don't think he'll stay on the bench for too long.

Drogba - Rumors of him getting retired and taking a part in the coaching staff.

My dream would be: varane, coutinho (probably impossible) and a sub for matic

Coutinho is everything we lack he's fast and good at counters (we only scored 1 goal from a counter in the league this season), good passer will work perfectly with hazard and has the ability to shoot from far (also something we lack) but probably he'll be looking to join barcalona

My dream would be: varane, coutinho (probably impossible) and a sub for matic

Coutinho is everything we lack he's fast and good at counters (we only scored 1 goal from a counter in the league this season), good passer will work perfectly with hazard and has the ability to shoot from far (also something we lack) but probably he'll be looking to join barcalona

Barca are banned until 2016 summer window aren't they?

I think we will sell Oscar.

exactly. makes sense to continue our "sustainable" transfer proceeding

outs

oscar - 25mil

thorgan - 6mil

cech - 10mil

mikel,moses,marin,kakuta,piazon - 15mil (atleast)

total = 55-60mil

ins

pogba - 50-60mil

second GK - 5mil

if we buy varane, that would mean we will be selling GC.

I think we will sell Oscar.

If Oscar is sold, than who will be the dirty work on Chelsea?

Unless you are implying that ramires start along with cesc.

Pogba is not a workrate player.

If Oscar is sold, than who will be the dirty work on Chelsea?

Unless you are implying that ramires start along with cesc.

Pogba is not a workrate player.

We will buy the right player to fill the void. You make it sound like Oscar is the only one who works hard, he isn't.

I'd really like a attacking fullback like Dani Alves used to be. Someone that can recover and keep possession well. Branislav Alves tries to be an attacking fullback but he simply doesn't have the attacking nuance.

I'd really like a attacking fullback like Dani Alves used to be. Someone that can recover and keep possession well. Branislav Alves tries to be an attacking fullback but he simply doesn't have the attacking nuance.

Who is Branislav Alves? [emoji38]

Danilo (Porto) is the only thing close to that, but his buyout clause is around £37m. We aren't Utd.