Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Another point - Moutinho was signed by Monaco when they were splurging cash (which is no longer the case), so I imagine he's on quite a hefty salary there, which may put suitors off...

But on the other hand may make him easier to acquire as Monaco may want to get rid to cut down there wage bill. Potential for them to pay part of his remaining wage to get him off the books.

But on the other hand may make him easier to acquire as Monaco may want to get rid to cut down there wage bill. Potential for them to pay part of his remaining wage to get him off the books.

True. They are hamstrung by FFP and their terrible attendance etc. They are really looking to develop youth. It's all hypothetical but I suppose if they wanted to get him off the books that much they could sell cheap, which could allow for a bigger wage. He'd be an excellent 'utility' player in midfield, able to cover a number of positions.

Replacement for who? Imbula would be a good back-up for Matic, but he is quite raw. May be expensive to get too...

replacement was probably the wrong word to use. i meant back up itself. our over reliance on matic has been exposed a couple of times this season and without him, we look really poor.

as for expensive, i doubt it. we need another DM/CM. pogba would be the ideal player in that respect and he would cost a fortune. so as a plan B, imbula looks good. i have watched marseille abput 4/5 times this season and imbula has looked brilliant.

Imbula is a good young player and would get a decent amount of chances with us and maybe develop into something special.

He's the sort of player who is young and a bit raw, but also ready to play in the first team.

As for expensive you are probably right, he'd be affordable and certainly nowhere near Pogba in terms of cost and wage (although is nowhere near the player either...!)

I know Moutinho was immense but dont let his performance fool you. He has been very inconsistent and generally frustrating for Monaco. Yesterday was easily his best game for his team, and he was given a lot of space to operate. The same could be argued for Kondogbia. He never really impressed or imposed himself in the team since he arrived. Dont forget that both of them came for big money for a ligue 1 team.

One player who is worth watching is Bernardo silva. He signed for them in jan from benfica and his potential is huge. He assisted Carrasco for the third goal.

£20m for a back-up left back, anything is possible....

I think Moutinho would be very good cover/rotation for those positions.

Kondogbia was good yesterday but has not really been setting L1 alight since his return....

I personally don't know why we bought Luis, as I was sure he would come in and be our LB. Mourinho likes to be defensive more often than not.

You said Moutinho would be a perfect replacement for Cesc. I haven't missed anything.

I think you're reading it wrong. He meant a replacement off the bench. Someone to cover him when he's injured or needs a rest...Why would we replace Fab :lol:

I think you're reading it wrong. He meant a replacement off the bench. Someone to cover him when he's injured or needs a rest...Why would we replace Fab [emoji38]

I presumed that is what he meant, but the wording is wrong. He should have said a back up option, or a replacement for Oscar.

A replacement means instead/in place of. There was NO mention of back up. £25m+ for a back up midfielder.

When are people going to wake up in the real world?!

He also implied that moutinho would replace oscar in starting eleven.

Not exactly 25m for bench them.

Plus if you want anything better than Mikel on bench, you have to fork out quite some money on players. Sure there are exceptions, but not always.

P.s.: i dont care if we bring moutiho or not, i was just explaining what kellz said as some didnt seem to understand.

He also implied that moutinho would replace oscar in starting eleven.

Not exactly 25m for bench them.

Plus if you want anything better than Mikel on bench, you have to fork out quite some money on players. Sure there are exceptions, but not always.

P.s.: i dont care if we bring moutiho or not, i was just explaining what kellz said as some didnt seem to understand.

It wasn't worded perfectly, but I still think we should be going for a first team player. If we can get a CM, Pogba should be the main focus. We need someone that would improve our starting eleven, and not just our squad.

It wasn't worded perfectly, but I still think we should be going for a first team player. If we can get a CM, Pogba should be the main focus. We need someone that would improve our starting eleven, and not just our squad.

Yeah Pogba would be great. But I dont know if we can afford him as we will have to buy another CB and RB too.

Yeah Pogba would be great. But I dont know if we can afford him as we will have to buy another CB and RB too.

We wouldn't be able to afford me with a cash deal alone, but we would have to add someone to the deal. They've been after Ramy and Oscar for a bit, so give them their pick.

I agree we need to think about improving other positions in our squad, but I'm not sure RB is one of them. Iva has been massive for us this season, even though he isn't playing in his preferred position.

We wouldn't be able to afford me with a cash deal alone, but we would have to add someone to the deal. They've been after Ramy and Oscar for a bit, so give them their pick.

I agree we need to think about improving other positions in our squad, but I'm not sure RB is one of them. Iva has been massive for us this season, even though he isn't playing in his preferred position.

Havig two fullbacks who can realy control the ball going forward in azpi and iva is limiting our attack quite alot.

While Iva was amazing in attack, he wont be here forever and we should slowly start to think about getting his replacement. Clyne would be nice as he is also english.

Havig two fullbacks who can realy control the ball going forward in azpi and iva is limiting our attack quite alot.

While Iva was amazing in attack, he wont be here forever and we should slowly start to think about getting his replacement. Clyne would be nice as he is also english.

Luis was meant to be the answer on the left, but isn't starting much. Clyne would be a decent signing, but he would command a a big fee (hiked fee due to him being English). I'm not too sure about his defensive capabilities either.

The more I think about it I'm slowly coming to the realization that this 'X' or 'Y' player would not solve our inability to attack and create chances at times.

Yes buying Reus would be great but we as a team need to get better at moving the ball and having a game plan in which we're set up to create chances, especialy in big games.