Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

That is a painfully broad generalisation.

Agreed, everything is far too often made to seem like there are no human factors. For example people always say, buy him, send him on loan somewhere without taking into account the player might not want to go there and there are lots of occassions were people don't leave because they like it where they are etc.

£50,000 p/w at Marseille

£40,000p/w at Valencia

I would choose Valencia 10 times out of 10.

You would, but a Francophone would choose Marseille.

What if Drogba was offered 200,000/week at Marseille and 250,000/week at Shanghai? I think he would have gone with Marseille.

You would, but a Francophone would choose Marseille.

What if Drogba was offered 200,000/week at Marseille and 250,000/week at Shanghai? I think he would have gone with Marseille.

I've just heard some nasty stories about Marseille from people that were from there.

I've just heard some nasty stories about Marseille from people that were from there.

Yeah but he loves the club. That's what I'm getting at, it's not just the city/money.

People play for Napoli, even though Cavani had his house robbed, and the city is run by the Camorra.

Yeah but he loves the club. That's what I'm getting at, it's not just the city/money.

People play for Napoli, even though Cavani had his house robbed, and the city is run by the Camorra.

It's a combination of things and different players put different emphasis on different priorities (just like other people.) Players' priorities also change. As they get married and have families, they often want to move closer to their homes and be in a place where there are good schools and stability for their families. That isn't a factor at all for a single 21-year old.For most players money and the opportunity to play at the highest level are the two biggest factors I also think too many people expect players to have club loyalty.I don't really think it's any more likely than us having loyalty to our workplaces. If a new job comes along and offers us double the pay and a better opportunity, how many of us would turn it down?

Come on. Sure the violence has increased last year, and at French scale it is a "dangerous" city. But it isn't Mogadishu, far from it.

Come on. Sure the violence has increased last year, and at French scale it is a "dangerous" city. But it isn't Mogadishu, far from it.

I don't know where that comparison came from. Anyway, I didn't say it was that bad.

My top five best 'pure' strikers in Europe:

1. Falcao

2. Cavani

3. Higuian

4. Lewandowski

5. Papisse Cissé

My top five Attacking Midfield/Striker hyrid in Europe:

1. Messi

2. Aguero

3. Benzema

4. Ibrahimovic

5. Rooney

My top five Winger/Striker hyrid in Europe:

1. Cristiano Ronaldo

2. Hulk

3. Pedro

4. Nene

5. Robben

Players don't choose a club because of the city, players choose a club because of money.

And only money.

Not sure I agree, the location, climate and success of the club would play a major roll in any decision. If it was all about the wedge everyone one be playing in China or the middle east!

Players don't choose a club because of the city, players choose a club because of money.

And only money.

Not sure I agree with this - location is a factor, even a small one!

It's a slightly less important reason but London is also a bit closer to Belgium than Manchester and I can get home a little easier from here.'

Come on!

Don't tell you trust all that crap!

Players care only about one thing: MONEY

If China or Qatar give them a lot of money, ok, I'll go there.

If tomorrow Island become the new China/Qatar, 95% of players would go there.

I used to believe a bit in some values, but the last 12-18 months just put me straight: nothing matters more than money.

And not only in football, but for everything.