Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Aye suppose so. Just right now he won't count, even though hes playing for a country inside the United Kingdom.. crazy..

As the premier league states:

Home-grown players are defined as those who "irrespective of nationality or age, have been affiliated to the FA or Welsh FA for a period of three seasons or 36 months prior to 21st birthday"

If things go well in 2-3 years, we could have Feruz, Chalobah, Ake, maybe McEachran, even Todd Kane as homegrown players in the first team squad.

The future looks to bring outgoing for: Lampard, Mata, deBruyne, Ba, maybe Cole. Chelsea needed more center midfielders last summer and the summer before (and the summer before that); they've gotten just one, who is now injured. Should buy one, and either buy a 2nd or promote someone like Loftus-Cheek.

I am curious who is better or has more potential: Shaw or vanAanholt?

I feel confident that Wallace will be good enough to contend for the starting XI ITF.

As for striker, I hardly care. The relevant question for the present is whether Chelsea have enough ability at striker to make the top 4 in the League; everything else this season should be geared toward moving on, not dwelling on the past--including ousting old players who can't keep up the tempo of play and possibly changing the formation.

As the premier league states:

Home-grown players are defined as those who "irrespective of nationality or age, have been affiliated to the FA or Welsh FA for a period of three seasons or 36 months prior to 21st birthday"

If things go well in 2-3 years, we could have Feruz, Chalobah, Ake, maybe McEachran, even Todd Kane as homegrown players in the first team squad.

I think Lukaku will be homegrown at the end of this season too and Kalas is homegrown already

The future looks to bring outgoing for: Lampard, Mata, deBruyne, Ba, maybe Cole. Chelsea needed more center midfielders last summer and the summer before (and the summer before that); they've gotten just one, who is now injured. Should buy one, and either buy a 2nd or promote someone like Loftus-Cheek.

I feel confident that Wallace will be good enough to contend for the starting XI ITF.

As for striker, I hardly care. The relevant question for the present is whether Chelsea have enough ability at striker to make the top 4 in the League; everything else this season should be geared toward moving on, not dwelling on the past--including ousting old players who can't keep up the tempo of play and possibly changing the formation.

PVA or Shaw? Not even compareable, Shaw is younger and allready miles ahead of Patrick mate.

Luke Shaw is better and has more potential than van aanholt. He's 18 & holding down a regular place in the EPL.

Van Aanholt would be a solid wingback for alot of PL clubs...he's eager to get forward, has pace, endurance...but he looks a bit susceptible in terms of defending his direct opponent.

I doubt there's one person here who doesn't like Axel Witsel. The silly part of the Chelsea story for two or three seasons now is that CFC would have been served well by getting a bargain player like M. Diame--a perfect upgrade for what Chelsea have been trying to do with the 4231 formation, but have so far completely failed to do. how much longer are we going to watch the Chelsea attack get mired in center midfield and the fullback areas? Schuerrle, Willian, and Eto'o are READY to make something HAPPEN with this squad's attack, but they don't have the support and passing required from deeper in the formation.

I don't think either can be homegrown. Isn't it 3 years at the club prior to them turning 18?

It is actually 21st birthday Lukaku will qualify for HG status in EPL if he stays first season with us @ 18 west brom @ 19 and now everton @ 20.. he will qualify for next season which is brilliant