Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

That ship along with Falcao passed when AVB didn't try and sign him from Porto in 2011.

Gustavo won't leave the Bundesliga but would have been an interesting player to buy, naturally a holding midfield player but was given more freedom under Jupp Heynckes at Bayern when he played next to Bastian. Not big physically but a real grafter and someone who wins a lot of tackles and makes a lot of interceptions. Vital player for Brazil.

Gustavo would have joined us if we went him last summer. Definitely don't see that happening when we have Mikel around.

Joao Moutinho is so underrated CM! What a beast of passer and worker he is. Gustavo-Moutinho sound realy good, but they are too expensive nowdays..

Why sign Gustavo when we have Ramires...

Yohan Cabaye is such a brilliant passer from deep.. would love him to partner Ramires for the next 4 years while other talents in youth team develop more..

Cabaye is good but Newcastle will probably want 20m plus for him... and as good as he is, I don't fancy Jose paying that. To think he cost them 4-5 million and no top club really went in for him despite a few successful years at Lille.

Cabaye is good but Newcastle will probably want 20m plus for him... and as good as he is, I don't fancy Jose paying that. To think he cost them 4-5 million and no top club really went in for him despite a few successful years at Lille.

I would say 20m for him less would be decent for what he could do for the team.. hes rated at about 14m now with 1 yr and half left in his exsisting deal there and was very unsettled in the summer its worth a try testing the waters for him in january

Should we sell Luiz, while Terry is getting old and Cahill doesnt look like being our starter, we will have huge problem considering our defence. Cole is not young anymore and even Iva is in close 30s. That means we would potentialy need three new defenders, two CBs and a LB. Even if we get them all, we will have huge issue in their communication, adopting to league etc. I hope we fix Luiz and get Shaw as our future LB (he knows PL). As for other CB, I would take close look on Caulker among other targets.

Yohan Cabaye is such a brilliant passer from deep.. would love him to partner Ramires for the next 4 years while other talents in youth team develop more..

Sounds good, but neither of the two is good in air and it would be lightweight pivot. While we would fix our midfield creativity, strenght of midfield would still be weak.

Sounds good, but neither of the two is good in air and it would be lightweight pivot. While we would fix our midfield creativity, strenght of midfield would still be weak.

I disagree both are combative and tackle quiet often .. Cabaye has 2.4 tackles per game and 2.8 interceptions and only gets dribbled past 1.5 times so if he doesn't win the tackle he fouls.. and Ramires 3.0 tackles per game 1 interception but get dribbled about twice a game... I very much doubt that would be a lightweight pivot, there is a lo of work ethic and heart in that midfield and i think they would compliment each other brilliantly

I disagree both are combative and tackle quiet often .. Cabaye has 2.4 tackles per game and 2.8 interceptions and only gets dribbled past 1.5 times so if he doesn't win the tackle he fouls.. and Ramires 3.0 tackles per game 1 interception but get dribbled about twice a game... I very much doubt that would be a lightweight pivot, there is a lo of work ethic and heart in that midfield and i think they would compliment each other brilliantly

I didnt say they dont defend well. They are weak in air, when facing City, Bayern or Real, this pivot wouldnt win the ball in air duels. And they are not strenght beasts like Yaya, Martinez etc.

I like idea of Cabaye in midfield, but not with Ramires.

I didnt say they dont defend well. They are weak in air, when facing City, Bayern or Real, this pivot wouldnt win the ball in air duels. And they are not strenght beasts like Yaya, Martinez etc.

But, still not a better option than Witsel.

we are weak in the air right now when we play ramires and lampard.. our cbs win more than enough ariel duels that having two guys who can win the ball during the run breaking up play would be more beneficial.. as evidence look at yesterdays game for the defensive style we are looking to create high pressure up top and winning the the ball on the ground or on second ball which both these players are very good at doing

What do you guys think about thiago motta?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=z4pxBSmgecs

I know he isnt the youngest but he has the vision for passes, height, strength and energy for our pivot. And he would be cheap, and worked with mourinho before.

What do you guys think about thiago motta?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=z4pxBSmgecs

I know he isnt the youngest but he has the vision for passes, height, strength and energy for our pivot. And he would be cheap, and worked with mourinho before.

Dont know,he is good but he is old and quite injury prone.

Maybe the injuries but i dont think its that serious. But he definately has derossi vision. The problem with options available to fix our pivot is that we are buying who will play beside ramires. Because ramires is small, we cant afford to buy another small person beside him, it will be too weak a pivot.

Once we buy a small player, it means it wont be good for us to play ramires because teams will just hoof the ball in the air and our midfield will win zero aerial battles.

IMO, The only way to fix this pivot is to buy a deep player who is big and strong in tackles and can send very long passes.

There are only few available players like this off the top of my head (witsel, pogba, derossi, thiago motta, xabi alonso, javi martinez) Some are too expensive while some are not available

The rest (modric, cabaye, moutinho, gundogan) are too small to play beside ramires unless we play mikel beside them and leave ramires on the bench, then its possible.

Then there are some (schneiderlen, matuidi, koke, bender, gustavo) are very strong tacklers but are not known for long passes, we might as well play MVG since he is good at tackling and energy alone

As you can see, a genuine option to massively improve our pivot iand fit in our system is very rare. Thats the problem we face

Maybe the injuries but i dont think its that serious. But he definately has derossi vision. The problem with options available to fix our pivot is that we are buying who will play beside ramires. Because ramires is small, we cant afford to buy another small person beside him, it will be too weak a pivot.

Once we buy a small player, it means it wont be good for us to play ramires because teams will just hoof the ball in the air and our midfield will win zero aerial battles.

IMO, The only way to fix this pivot is to buy a deep player who is big and strong in tackles and can send very long passes.

There are only few available players like this off the top of my head (witsel, pogba, derossi, thiago motta, xabi alonso, javi martinez) Some are too expensive while some are not available

The rest (modric, cabaye, moutinho, gundogan) are too small to play beside ramires unless we play mikel beside them and leave ramires on the bench, then its possible.

Then there are some (schneiderlen, matuidi, koke, bender, gustavo) are very strong tacklers but are not known for long passes, we might as well play MVG since he is good at tackling and energy alone

As you can see, a genuine option to massively improve our pivot iand fit in our system is very rare. Thats the problem we face