Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Chelsea have made a €15m bid for Schalke's Max Meyer according to Der Westen. The player has a €18m buy out clause.

Flavor of the week. No surprise we're linked with him. Unlikely that there's something real behind it.

Flavor of the week. No surprise we're linked with him. Unlikely that there's something real behind it.

He is a No#10,midget and under 20 years of age so I can see why we are interested.After all its not like we have a whole lot of young attacking midfielders in our squad :Goober:

We need a DM/CM/B2B in January. Otherwise this ship is gonna sink...

with MvG's injury, I reckon we need 2 CMs. I'd like some definition concerning Mikel also; either he is good enough or he isn't, in which case we'd also need a DM/CM replacement for him.

For me: 1 Deep Lying CM - great passer and decent tackler (like Dembele). A ball-winning/B2B player who is a great tackler (Like Ramires). Honestly, Ramires plays way too much football. Essien is there but he doesn't get minutes.

Never thought Lampard would still be 1st choice CM at this point. His lack of form for most of last season IMO was evidence enough he should be used sparingly/rotation at this point.

Victor Wanyama looks promising... lots of power and mobility though a bit laborious on the ball at times.

with MvG's injury, I reckon we need 2 CMs. I'd like some definition concerning Mikel also; either he is good enough or he isn't, in which case we'd also need a DM/CM replacement for him.

For me: 1 Deep Lying CM - great passer and decent tackler (like Dembele). A ball-winning/B2B player who is a great tackler (Like Ramires). Honestly, Ramires plays way too much football. Essien is there but he doesn't get minutes.

Never thought Lampard would still be 1st choice CM at this point. His lack of form for most of last season IMO was evidence enough he should be used sparingly/rotation at this point.

Victor Wanyama looks promising... lots of power and mobility though a bit laborious on the ball at times.

Yep, we're looking at our options judging by the names that are linked with us. I'd love somebody like Hernanes or even Song if we can't get the likes of Witsel, Imbula, Pogba, etc.

Yep, we're looking at our options judging by the names that are linked with us. I'd love somebody like Hernanes or even Song if we can't get the likes of Witsel, Imbula, Pogba, etc.

oh man Hernanes would've been awesome! He's a very versatile player who can play deep, almost DM, or move up the pitch and score goals! Hugely underrated IMO.

Song as a ball winning mid would be great too! There are certainly options out there, we just need to make a move.

I'd keep an eye on Shelvey as well... I know, risky, but cheap enough to warrant a bet. Prospect of an interesting ball-winning CM IMO.

oh man Hernanes would've been awesome! He's a very versatile player who can play deep, almost DM, or move up the pitch and score goals! Hugely underrated IMO.

Song as a ball winning mid would be great too! There are certainly options out there, we just need to make a move.

I'd keep an eye on Shelvey as well... I know, risky, but cheap enough to warrant a bet. Prospect of an interesting ball-winning CM IMO.

I really like the player, but he is already 28. The Italian league is much different from the EPL and he would need time to adjust. Also a DP of Ramires-Hernanes would be a little bit lightweight.

Get some cash for players that we don't need and that will not play surely,buy Lewandowski which will be pretty cheap because it's the last train for Borrusia to get any cash for him and maybe one CM to play alongside with Ramires.

Renew contract for Terry and Lamps(who should be on rotation with our new CM). :rolleyes:

Yohan Cabaye is the way to go in January i believe.

Has what we need in midfield - creative, good passer, quick, defends well. Plus he got some amazing shots which will also help.

He does those things we need so much, not with the quality of Gundogan, but a lot better than Lampard. He'll improve us immediately i think.

Off course he wont cost too much, 15m will probably do, and he knows the league which is important for a January buy.

I was against this earlier in the summer as I thought we could get someone better but I actually agree now. Cabaye would provide a fantastic fix for the pivot short term wise.

I would love for this to happen.

I would add Cabaye, even Southampton's Schneiderlin to the list.

I really like Schneiderlin's energy, physicality in midfield...wouldn't be a bad partner for Ramires.

I would add Cabaye, even Southampton's Schneiderlin to the list.

I really like Schneiderlin's energy, physicality in midfield...wouldn't be a bad partner for Ramires.

I think he and ramires are the same type of tackling players. But schneiderlin has physicality that ramires doesnt have. We cant buy any player that would make our pivot too light weight beside ramires.

Yohan Cabaye is the way to go in January i believe.

Has what we need in midfield - creative, good passer, quick, defends well. Plus he got some amazing shots which will also help.

He does those things we need so much, not with the quality of Gundogan, but a lot better than Lampard. He'll improve us immediately i think.

Off course he wont cost too much, 15m will probably do, and he knows the league which is important for a January buy.

i like him but not he dosent have a big presence on the pitch.

i prefer moussa sissoko. he is an animal if used properly

him and schneirderlin would be my main premier league options. maybe leroy fer too

i like him but not he dosent have a big presence on the pitch.

i prefer moussa sissoko. he is an animal if used properly

him and schneirderlin would be my main premier league options. maybe leroy fer too

I think we need someone who can pass the ball in midfield and not an 'animal'.