Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Kalas won't be homegrown. He's been on loan in Netherlands.

IDK what the rules are, but it seems to me that an English club would be better-served by loaning a young U.K. player out to a Dutch, Spanish, or Brazilian club in order for them to develop some mentality and skills they would otherwise not likely ever develop in the U.K. All this talk about "changing" and adapting to the times in England and I just don't see how. Are English people going to suddenly change within their own country? even start eating yogurt, fresh fruit, pasta, veggies, seafood, less fried food and snacks? laughing.

IDK what the rules are, but it seems to me that an English club would be better-served by loaning a young U.K. player out to a Dutch, Spanish, or Brazilian club in order for them to develop some mentality and skills they would otherwise not likely ever develop in the U.K. All this talk about "changing" and adapting to the times in England and I just don't see how. Are English people going to suddenly change within their own country? even start eating yogurt, fresh fruit, pasta, veggies, seafood, less fried food and snacks? laughing.

The rules are that a player should spend 36 months between the ages of 15 and 21 playing in England or Wales to be considered home-grown.

I honestly have no idea what you're saying with the rest of that post!

The rules are that a player should spend 36 months between the ages of 15 and 21 playing in England or Wales to be considered home-grown.

it's a response to the national conversation about the state of football in England.

Khedira out for 6 months apparently, ending his career at Madrid probably since he can't even get into the team despite being fully fit atm. Feel sorry for him, he was having a really good time.

Cant get into the team? He has started every match so far under Carlo Ancelotti... Its a huge blow for Real.

Will be interesting to see where the star of our national team Roman Eremenko ends up when he leaves Rubin Kazan. A 26-year-old creative central midfielder, moved to Rubin two years ago from Dynamo Kyiv for €13m and has been very impressive in the Russian Premier League ever since but he only has a year and a half left on his contract and there have been whispers that he's not happy at his current club and could be on the move as early as January. The Russian FA changed their regulations for this season so that despite being born in Moscow, Eremenko no longer qualifies as a non-foreign player because he represents Finland on the international stage and as some of you might know Russian clubs are only permitted to name a maximum of 7 foreigners in the matchday squad and because of that some of their foreign stars are bound to get unhappy when they know they're good enough but aren't playing because of some rules.

I've heard that at least Napoli, Fiorentina, Inter and Everton have all been monitoring his situation and a while back there were even some rumors that Benitez asked Chelsea to buy him last January but his request was denied because obviously the club didn't want the interim spending any money. My money would be on him moving to Italy, he's played there before for Udinese and most of the clubs interested in his services seem to be from around there. Would love to see him in the PL though, no matter what club.

In some cases, players won't get work-permit to play in England - eg Atsu. The Vitesse connection is useful

In some cases, players won't get work-permit to play in England - eg Atsu. The Vitesse connection is useful

Work permits are a completely different issue that have nothing to do with FA and that I frankly don't fully understand.

Will be interesting to see where the star of our national team Roman Eremenko ends up when he leaves Rubin Kazan. A 26-year-old creative central midfielder, moved to Rubin two years ago from Dynamo Kyiv for €13m and has been very impressive in the Russian Premier League ever since but he only has a year and a half left on his contract and there have been whispers that he's not happy at his current club and could be on the move as early as January. The Russian FA changed their regulations for this season so that despite being born in Moscow, Eremenko no longer qualifies as a non-foreign player because he represents Finland on the international stage and as some of you might know Russian clubs are only permitted to name a maximum of 7 foreigners in the matchday squad and because of that some of their foreign stars are bound to get unhappy when they know they're good enough but aren't playing because of some rules.
I've heard that at least Napoli, Fiorentina, Inter and Everton have all been monitoring his situation and a while back there were even some rumors that Benitez asked Chelsea to buy him last January but his request was denied because obviously the club didn't want the interim spending any money. My money would be on him moving to Italy, he's played there before for Udinese and most of the clubs interested in his services seem to be from around there. Would love to see him in the PL though, no matter what club.

interesting player. Do you think Eremenko would be better in a 4-3-3 or in a club that have openings among the attacking midfielder positions?

interesting player. Do you think Eremenko would be better in a 4-3-3 or in a club that have openings among the attacking midfielder positions?

He can play pretty much everywhere, for his previous club Dynamo Kyiv he even played as a right back occasionally! Before M'Vila arrived at Rubin Kazan he played next to Natkho in the pivot as a deep lying playmaker but more recently he has been used in a more advanced role as one of the three AMs in a 4-2-3-1 with Natkho and M'Vila behind him. For the national team he has mostly played in a deeper role as one of the central midfielders in a 4-3-2-1 formation. He has excelled in all of these roles so anything goes for him, I suppose.

A shame there's no individual highlights available of his performance against Wales yesterday, he was amazing.

German tabloid, Kicker claim Wolfburg's Ricardo Rodriguez is being lined up as a replacement for Ashley Cole at Chelsea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-wmZ0gu1jU

looks like he would be a big asset on the attack. good crosses (takes set pieces) and passes. seems he can defend well too.