Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Neymar is leaving Nike for Puma.

When did a superstar of this magnitude change sponsor? I dont remember; Messi, CR, R9, Jordan, Lebron,...

Nike is losing probably the most marketable player in the world with CR and Messi retiring sooner or later.

VDB will be a very nice signing for their depth but I don't think he even gets into their starting XI. Still, he's a good player to have for big games. Actually kind of surprised that United will make the smart signing here rather than spending 60-80m on Jack Girlish who is super overrated.

Actually, knowing United they'll sign him too. 😆

And Barca board is stupid again...

Perfect time to sell Messi. He is 33.

Sell him and Suarez and buy some available players like Sancho, Aouar, Alcantara, Dembele, Tagliafico... They can also finally play Griezmann on his best position and Coutinho is still quality.

Imo they can make much stronger team easily. They really have the worst board ever. Dembele is still there and Fati, De Jong, Pjanic, Ter Stegen... 

11 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Sell him and Suarez and buy some available players like Sancho, Aouar, Alcantara, Dembele, Tagliafico... They can also finally play Griezmann on his best position and Coutinho is still quality.

Imo they can make much stronger team easily. They really have the worst board ever. Dembele is still there and Fati, De Jong, Pjanic, Ter Stegen... 

bartomeu is an idiot. Long may he reign.

12 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Selling Messi would be the stupidest thing they could ever do right now. In fact any massive club in the state they are in now, selling their best player would be a shambles. Everyone knows Barca are a shambles upstairs and most players out there will know this. The lure of playing for a big club which is in disarray isnt half as appealing as playing with Leo Messi. The playing with Leo Messi lure outweighs the playing for Barcelona lure right now. Actually I would say it has done since Valverde was in charge and they’ve regressed since then.

Luis Suarez I sort of agree with about selling and it seems Koeman is keen to get rid of him as he had a poor season but again on his day can still contribute something I dont think hes particularly lost his legs or his ability overnight. They need to figure out a lot quickly but selling Messi would be incredibly daft. Dafter than some of the stupid shit theyve been doing over the years, dafter like signing Braithwaite, dafter than spending 140m on Coutinho, dafter than appointing Setien etc etc etc.

1 minute ago, OneMoSalah said:

Selling Messi would be the stupidest thing they could ever do right now. Everyone knows they are a shambles upstairs and most players out there will know this. The lure of playing for a big club which is in disarray isnt half as appealing as a big club in disarray with Leo Messi. The playing with Leo Messi lure 100% outweighs the playing for Barcelona lure right now. 100000%.

Luis Suarez I sort of agree with about selling and it seems Koeman is keen ti get rid of him as he had a poor season but again on his day can still contribute something I dont think hes particularly lost his legs or his ability overnight. 

How can they say NO to Messi after everything he has done for them? In situations like these club never block their legends. Gentlemen agreement for 100m should be fine.

10 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

How can they say NO to Messi after everything he has done for them? In situations like these club never block their legends. Gentlemen agreement for 100m should be fine.

How can they say no? They can say no, legally he has a contract. Same as any other player.

Would you let the greatest footballer of all time leave your club so easily? Regardless of what he’s done recently missing training, putting in a request etc? Even more so when the clubs all over the place from board to president? It makes them look strong keeping Messi in this position when everything else has gone to shit around them. 

Personally I doubt he will go anywhere the financial impact of a transfer fee of that magnitude in the current market without mentioning 500k weekly wages makes it even more unrealistic. 

I think he wants the current president to resign and this is why he has made this request to leave. Eric Abidal left his position as sporting director, after being responsible for various transfers and also the sacking of Valverde and Setien. They are going to go through a major restructuring.

If they do sell Messi, they will be even worse off.