Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

I am not talking about instant world-class impact. I am talking about a longer term blue print.

Also, obviously, at that point, Sancho is instantly in the mix next summer. I was only speaking to AMF's, and yes, I do agree than perhaps Ziyech could be shifted more central, and thus you would indeed open up the RW slot for Sancho.

But Kai would be instant impact and you mentioned them as his alternatives. 

Future wise, Cherki looks to become some player indeed.

If we could sign one of Donnarumma or Rice after Havertz who would you go for? 
for me Donnarumma 100% we need a new number one goalkeeper badly and I am fine with giving Ampadu a chance in the Rice role if it means getting a elite goalkeeper. 

21 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

But Kai would be instant impact and you mentioned them as his alternatives. 

Future wise, Cherki looks to become some player indeed.

the long term blueprint was in regards to the two teens mainly. The other two would be more immediate, especially Nicolò Zaniolo

4 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Zaniolo is all hype and Szoboszlai isnt ready for big club either. Leipzig or Leverkusen are his level right now.

You say this and than you complain about lack of fate in our youth. You are so overrating our boys...

Honestly if we don’t get Havertz I, we should not sign another midfielder at all. First choice or nothing. We are in for Havertz bc we believe he is a generational talent and not bc we think we desperately need a player like him. We could easily roll with a Kovacic Mount Kante midfield. I could also see ziyech as more of a no. 10. Then we have tons of mids Like anjorin coming to through development side. 
that being said I still think havertz deal will be done 

15 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Honestly if we don’t get Havertz I, we should not sign another midfielder at all. First choice or nothing. We are in for Havertz bc we believe he is a generational talent and not bc we think we desperately need a player like him. We could easily roll with a Kovacic Mount Kante midfield. I could also see ziyech as more of a no. 10. Then we have tons of mids Like anjorin coming to through development side. 
that being said I still think havertz deal will be done 

If we don't? 

39 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

You say this and than you complain about lack of fate in our youth. You are so overrating our boys...

and they obviously have not watched much Zaniolo, as he si far from 'all hype' (provided he fully recovers from his knee injury, which it so far looks like he will)

He is 1.9m tall, very strong, and had pace to burn pre injury. 

14 goals and 6 assists as a 19 and 20 year old

4 goals and 1 assist in the CL and EL

Roma just instantly turned down 50m euros for him from Spuds

Nicolo Zaniolo is ‘part-Gerrard’ in style and Roma hope he can be Totti’s heir

https://theathletic.com/1854044/2020/06/05/horncastle-zaniolo-roma-italy-serie-a/

ZANIOLO-1024x683.png

24 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Any possible Messi deal would surely include other players. If Pep want him he would have to give up on three starters for sure...

Nah, Man City financialy are like Roman on Captain America serum. FFP has been relaxed and if they did get hot again, they would just get the best lawyers once again to find some loophole. City can afford whatever they want this Summer. Tbh, I am surprised they haven't been pulling something similar to what we are doing. 

Ad for Messi, I kind of hope he does end up at City. He will cost them £100m+ and then Barca can go get Martinez from Inter. That then gives Inter some dollar to hopefully buy a Emerson. 

2 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Because we already have Odoi and co. We dont need to spend more on foreign talent. 

Odoi is very talented. So is Mount. James is too laid back, but could make it. Tammy is limited indeed.

If Odoi and Mount played for another team, people would be creaming over them, its always like that.

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

This is gonna be fun a legal battle ahead...

Yes the clause was valid till july if im not mistaken? But we had corona so surely the clause of release should be extended on auto no? Laliga cant afford Messi leaving so they are making it hard, ffs show some dignity and pride barca and let him go if thats his wish, though I would hate to see him in city.

3 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Yes the clause was valid till july if im not mistaken? But we had corona so surely the clause of release should be extended on auto no? Laliga cant afford Messi leaving so they are making it hard, ffs show some dignity and pride barca and let him go if thats his wish, though I would hate to see him in city.

That's the exit clause that allows Messi to walk away for free, which he needs to inform the club by the end of the season that he wants to activate it. He did that but there's argument/debate/confusion over what's actually stated in the contract, what's the exact wording for it etc.

From a financial perspective, Barcelona would be crazy to let Messi walk away for nothing. They won't get 700 million euros but they could get say 200-300 million euros for him if someone is crazy enough to pay him and that would still be a lot of money. And given they have a huge financial problem as well, that money would go a long way to easing that problem. 

That's the exit clause that allows Messi to walk away for free, which he needs to inform the club by the end of the season that he wants to activate it. He did that but there's argument/debate/confusion over what's actually stated in the contract, what's the exact wording for it etc.
From a financial perspective, Barcelona would be crazy to let Messi walk away for nothing. They won't get 700 million euros but they could get say 200-300 million euros for him if someone is crazy enough to pay him and that would still be a lot of money. And given they have a huge financial problem as well, that money would go a long way to easing that problem. 
According to German Sky Sports, Messi has very good chances of leaving Barcelona for free if he really had this clause, in which he was allowed to leave Barcelona for free at the beginning of June. They asked a sports lawyer for that.
So Corona makes it possible to prolong the time because Messis season did not end may, it ended in august.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Just now, killer1257 said:

According to German Sky Sports, Messi has very good chances of leaving Barcelona for free if he really had this clause, in which he was allowed to leave Barcelona for free at the beginning of June. They asked a sports lawyer for that.
So Corona makes it possible to prolong the time because Messis season did not end may, it ended in august.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

The Athletic also did the same thing and basically said Barcelona have a strong argument for their case.