Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

I think it'll end with City paying Barca a hefty fee (£100m+) so they can save face and tell their fans they fought to keep him and at least got something for the greatest player ever. If he leaves on a free the Camp Nou may burn.

Starting to hear more rumblings of Thiago Alcantara heading to United instead of Liverpool because Liverpool are so cash strapped to even pay €30m. I wasn't too bothered about him going to Liverpool becasue I don't think he improves them much. But him replacing Matic at United is a huge upgrade. He and Pogba behind Bruno Penandes is a seriously elite midfield 3.

Starting to hear more rumblings of Thiago Alcantara heading to United instead of Liverpool because Liverpool are so cash strapped to even pay €30m. I wasn't too bothered about him going to Liverpool becasue I don't think he improves them much. But him replacing Matic at United is a huge upgrade. He and Pogba behind Bruno Penandes is a seriously elite midfield 3.
Would be to weak from a defensive point of view. Thiago is not the fastest.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Not English I guess

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Read abit and wolves fans say its because they made deal with the devil...Mendes.

He brings players to the club, but if he wants he, can also sell them for cheap if that brings him bonus fees.

4 hours ago, Jason said:

That's the exit clause that allows Messi to walk away for free, which he needs to inform the club by the end of the season that he wants to activate it. He did that but there's argument/debate/confusion over what's actually stated in the contract, what's the exact wording for it etc.

From a financial perspective, Barcelona would be crazy to let Messi walk away for nothing. They won't get 700 million euros but they could get say 200-300 million euros for him if someone is crazy enough to pay him and that would still be a lot of money. And given they have a huge financial problem as well, that money would go a long way to easing that problem. 

Lets see how much city is willing to pay, they got some nerve to do this right after the cas decision....scumbags.

So I am reading this article from Spanish newspaper Sport, FC Barcelona's mouthpiece, on Messi's supposed contract with City - five year deal on 100M Euro/year (before or after tax, they do not mention) and a 250M Euro signing on bonus, payable over three years.

Accurate or not, this is absurd money. City and Paris have unlimited funds and they can easily pay not only one contracts like this, but five. But how can any club struck a deal like this and stay within the FFP rules it is beyond my understanding.

Embarrassing behavior from Barca and LaLiga. Messi did so much that they should do whatever he asks. Real acted like real gentlemen when Ronaldo left for Juve. Barca should do the same. Some symbolic figure like 100m should be enough.

28 minutes ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Accurate or not, this is absurd money. City and Paris have unlimited funds and they can easily pay not only one contracts like this, but five. But how can any club struck a deal like this and stay within the FFP rules it is beyond my understanding.

What's FFP? 

Bet we're going to see some ultra shady shit from City to make the Messi wages work under FFP. They'll suddenly renegotiate a bunch of their sponsorships so that the Sheiks' own companies pay City more. Nike or whoever their with will renegotiate their shirt sponsorship to help them. 

I'm to laugh if they still choke in the CL even with Messi.

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Bet we're going to see some ultra shady shit from City to make the Messi wages work under FFP. They'll suddenly renegotiate a bunch of their sponsorships so that the Sheiks' own companies pay City more. Nike or whoever their with will renegotiate their shirt sponsorship to help them. 

Messi himself has choked in the CL for 5years now. I could so see them go out in the quarter finals to some shitty opposition again lol. Especially becausi think the way they play is not gonna improve with Messi. Messi is more playing like a classic no.10 the older he gets. and City dont really play like that more with players in behind running at crossfield passes. But maybe he is gonna play the bernardo/david silva role. Anyway, Messi's freekicks and shots from the edge of the area will always be dangerous. they sure will win at least 2 more leagues with him. I hope Barcelona holds strong, drags this through all courts so that messi cant switch this window bc of the holdup and massively declines in the meantime.

53 minutes ago, petre.ispirescu said:

So I am reading this article from Spanish newspaper Sport, FC Barcelona's mouthpiece, on Messi's supposed contract with City - five year deal on 100M Euro/year (before or after tax, they do not mention) and a 250M Euro signing on bonus, payable over three years.

In a way I hope this happens....it will prove to even no sayers that city is indeed very bent and make their own rules. A deal like this will devestate the structor and I promise shit will be set in motion.

16 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Yep, looking forward to this. Pep going out of CL is one of the headlines of the season every year for me so with Messi it would be even more hilarious :lol: