Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

30 minutes ago, Vesper said:

my main issue with him is that he is too short (1.79m to 1.80m)

if he was 6 to 8 cms taller, then I would have been all in for years

height matters in the EPL for CB's a lot more than other leagues

it is one of Zouma's biggest strengths (along his literal strength as well)

Zouma was a beast in the 2nd half yesterday, he showed unreal stamina, so I can see why Lampard gets how he is about our CB's, but Zouma is just SO poor on the ball

IF he had just half of Luiz's on-the-ball and passing ability (and zero of Luiz's mind meltdowns) he would be worth £80m

AC was great the game before

Rudiger was really good in both games

Tomori is the one who has had the fewest good games TBH, but he also has the highest potential

Alaba is the same height as Ake, but he is far better at positioning and also has better pace (although Ake is far from slow) plus he has shown he is far stronger than he looks

Alaba has only become cb out of necessity tho and Bundesliga is more tactical and less physical than PL. but the main difference is that Alaba has elite technical abilities (often plays as no. 10 for Austria) which allow him to solve many. Ake is solid with the ball but his strength is his Mobility/ agility allowing him to be the more aggressive cb for the early tackles and blocks. His abilities to play out from the back have not really developed at Bournemouth.
Whilst we could somewhat use a defender with either skillset, I don’t see Ake as an upgrade on any of our defenders. Also he is 25 already, and looks a finished article . We should stay true to our new transfer motto and either buy absolute quality or nothing at all.

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

According to the Mail Man City are in talks to sign Nathan Ake 

Came from The Athletic's David Ornstein. Also said we are still in the frame to sign Ake but haven't made any move. City the keenest one for him. 

We need a CB who can play passes directly through the lines to the cm's and St's like Laporte can. Not another CB who just plays safe passes to the fullbacks. Basically we need a ball playing CB with balls, preferably a tall one at that.

22 minutes ago, DDA said:

We need a CB who can play passes directly through the lines to the cm's and St's like Laporte can. Not another CB who just plays safe passes to the fullbacks. Basically we need a ball playing CB with balls, preferably a tall one at that.

Such a shame Kouli costs so much and is what 29? He would have been a great signing otherwise.

9 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Such a shame Kouli costs so much and is what 29? He would have been a great signing otherwise.

Yea, 29. Would still be worth a punt but for nothing more than 50m. Napoli want silly money for him. Put's everyone off.

55 minutes ago, Azul said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/whufc_news/status/1277001587228053504

Rumours are spreading that we are interested in Declan Rice. Frank Lampard apparently wants to play him at CB. These sources are not reliable, but what do you guys think of this idea?

For me, Rice should be converted into a CB and I do think he has potential to be a good one. The problem however, is that this is all based on guess work and there is no real proof it will happen. Further, he is only 21 and will still need to take quite a long while to develop. If the idea is to buy him as CB3/4 and hopes he develops (and we sell one of our CB's to finance it so there is not too much cost) then I am fine with it. If the idea is to buy him, then we think our CB's are sorted, then I am against the idea. 

CB in general is a massive problem worldwide as there is a lack of them and those that are WC/potential WC all play for top teams already. We really should've tried to get a deal done for a Laporte/VVD/KK by 2018 but instead we were too busy buying 2nd rate players instead. 

13 minutes ago, DDA said:

Yea, 29. Would still be worth a punt but for nothing more than 50m. Napoli want silly money for him. Put's everyone off.

Yeah but that dude wont sell for anything less 100M or so. Yes at 50M he would still give us a few quality years, shame.

The best ball playing WC CB out there is Marquinhos, and he also can play DMF so we can deffo unload Jorginho or Kante to help defray cost. It is just a matter of how much PSG would want for him.

Straight swap of Kante would work for me. Kante would so go for it (it is his home country and PSG covet him)

Maquinhos is only 26 (just turned last month) too, so lots of prime years left, 5 or 6.

7 minutes ago, Vesper said:

The best ball playing WC CB out there is Marquinhos, and he also can play DMF so we can deffo unload Jorginho or Kante to help defray cost. It is just a matter of how much PSG would want for him.

Straight swap of Kante would work for me. Kante would so go for it (it is his home country and PSG covet him)

Maquinhos is only 26 (just turned last month) too, so lots of prime years left, 5 or 6.

I think for once im gonna disagree with you mate, Maquinhos is not suited for epl I feel, he is lightweight. I def wont give up Kante for him.