Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

5 hours ago, Vesper said:

its so hard to judge 15yo football players without going see them play youth games or watching a shedload of breakdown video

so it was kind of a cheap shot on my part, lol

lawd knows I have some shit posts lurking out there

I apologise to @OhForAGreavsie

No need to apologise at all. If one has opinions, and all of us here do, then there are bound to be disagreements. Where there are disagreements then there is bound to be at least one opinion which turns out to be wrong. Whose opinion has proved to be wrong here? If it's mine then I've been wrong before and perhaps all members have been there.

Has my opinion proved to be wrong? Billy has done better than I felt he might there is no doubt about that, but several others who were in the CFC academy at the time of my comment have made more first team appearances than he has. Meanwhile Foden has made more appearances for a better team than Chelsea, and Diaz is a squad member for a club that can pretty much sign any player it wants. I therefore think it's too early to tell although I acknowledge that you and @killer1257 don't agree. :)

4 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

No need to apologise at all. If one has opinions, and all of us here do, then there are bound to be disagreements. Where there are disagreements then there is bound to be at least one opinion which turns out to be wrong. Whose opinion has proved to be wrong here? If it's mine then I've been wrong before and perhaps all members have been there.

Has my opinion proved to be wrong? Billy has done better than I felt he might there is no doubt about that, but several others who were in the CFC academy at the time of my comment have made more first team appearances than he has. Meanwhile Foden has made more appearances for a better team than Chelsea, and Diaz is a squad member for a club that can pretty much sign any player it wants. I therefore think it's too early to tell although I acknowledge that you and @killer1257.don't agree. :)

oh, I rate Foden super high

Diaz not so much ATM, although he clearly has talent

On 27/06/2020 at 2:00 PM, Vesper said:

Hakimi would be INSANE at Inter

Real Madrid have reportedly accepted an offer of £36.3 million for the sale of Moroccan full-back Achraf Hakimi, who was also wanted by Chelsea. (Inter Milan)

http://www.thehardtackle.com/news/2020/06/27/transfer-news-real-madrid-accept-36-3-million-inter-milan-bid-for-achraf-hakimi/

well, hell, I was just saying which team he would be the best at based off the system they play, had no idea it actually might happen, eeeeek (I had not even seen links between Inter and Hakimi before) IF true, £36m is a steal for him, he has unreal pace

also, that may well pretty much flush any Moses to Inter perma links down the shitter 

17 minutes ago, Jason said:

If people thought our board was hopeless, just look at Barcelona's. It's so crazy how they clueless they have become. 

Tbf, Barca have never really been that great at transfers. The hit gold with a academy group and also got a few transfers right as well. However, there is a reason why pre-Messi they had only won one CL.

4 hours ago, King Kante said:

Tbf, Barca have never really been that great at transfers. The hit gold with a academy group and also got a few transfers right as well. However, there is a reason why pre-Messi they had only won one CL.

Crazy club, some of their transfer make 0 sense. Now messi no longer win game by himself and it shows all the problem. 

5 hours ago, Jason said:

If people thought our board was hopeless, just look at Barcelona's. It's so crazy how they clueless they have become. 

The majority of Barcs fans are convinced Bartomeu (current president) is out to fuck the club up as it's his final year in charge. They hate him. 

12 hours ago, King Kante said:

I don't know what their record before that is like but imagine spending over 800 million on players in 5 years and only about 2-3 players have made an impact in the first team. The rest are either struggling to adapt, have been loaned out or sold. That is just total incompetency. Barcelona are basically having the same problem that we did when we had Hazard - the board think everything is fine with Hazard (or Messi in Barcelona's case) around, he alone will win things for us and they will just neglect the squad building completely. Only difference is, Barcelona have taken it to the extreme with this. 

12 hours ago, Jason said:

Even under Pep their transfer success was very inconsistent (I personally think this has been the case throughout Pep's managerial career but that's another argument), masked by a phenomenal group of players that had come through the academy and others already at the club.

That Ukrainian centre back with the funny name and Zlatan come to mind of big price misses. The best buys were all domestic or former academy based players - Pique, Alves and Villa.

I think the last time Barcelona got transfers consistently right was under Rijkaard when they brought the likes of Ronaldinho, Eto'o, Deco, Henry, Yaya Toure, Abidal, etc

1 hour ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Even under Pep their transfer success was very inconsistent (I personally think this has been the case throughout Pep's managerial career but that's another argument), masked by a phenomenal group of players that had come through the academy and others already at the club.

That Ukrainian centre back with the funny name and Zlatan come to mind of big price misses. The best buys were all domestic or former academy based players - Pique, Alves and Villa.

I think the last time Barcelona got transfers consistently right was under Rijkaard when they brought the likes of Ronaldinho, Eto'o, Deco, Henry, Yaya Toure, Abidal, etc

Agree. Before that they also brought Overmars and Petit for a large chunk and both flopped. 

9 hours ago, communicate said:

Crazy club, some of their transfer make 0 sense. Now messi no longer win game by himself and it shows all the problem. 

the only players they have who are under 30yo during this coming season who remotely interest me would be

GK Marc-André ter Stegen   top five GK
CB Clément Lenglet   (only because he is left footed, but there are multiple other left-footed CB's I would take over him in a heartbeat)
RB Sergi Roberto    (and he turns 29 in 7 or so months, so is hardly a long term solution)
CMF/DH DMF Frenkie de Jong   by FAR the one I would grab off that team (along with ter Stegen), he is a superstar already
LW Ansu Fati   (we are loaded at LW, so no need anyway)

and a RB, Emerson, out on Loan at Real Betis

that is literally it

Antoine Griezmann turns 30yo in around 8 months or so

Dembele and Coutinho are on the chopping block

take the ageing Roberto off that list (I do not even know if Barca will keep Emerson to replace him down the road, as I do not rate Semedo that highly)

and you are down to three outfield players and a GK (and Fati, for all his immense promise, is hardly a proven player at 17 years of age)

for the amount of cash they have spent, it is madness they are down to that

13 minutes ago, Vesper said:

the only players they have who are under 30yo during this coming season who remotely interest me would be

GK Marc-André ter Stegen   top five GK
CB Clément Lenglet   (only because he is left footed, but there are multiple other left-footed CB's I would take over him in a heartbeat)
RB Sergi Roberto    (and he turns 29 in 7 or so months, so is hardly a long term solution)
CMF/DH DMF Frenkie de Jong   by FAR the one I would grab off that team (along with ter Stegen), he is a superstar already
LW Ansu Fati   (we are loaded at LW, so no need anyway)

and a RB, Emerson, out on Loan at Real Betis

that is literally it

Antoine Griezmann turns 30yo in around 8 months or so

Dembele and Coutinho are on the chopping block

take the ageing Roberto off that list (I do not even know if Barca will keep Emerson to replace him down the road, as I do not rate Semedo that highly)

and you are down to three outfield players and a GK (and Fati, for all his immense promise, is hardly a proven player at 17 years of age)

for the amount of cash they have spent, it is madness they are down to that

Yup Barca are fucked, alot of internal and external issues. I wouldnt mind Griezmann if the price is right, barca style doesnt suit him at all.

Just now, Atomiswave said:

Yup Barca are fucked, alot of internal and external issues. I wouldnt mind Griezmann if the price is right, barca style doesnt suit him at all.

as he is a striker, I could see him with 3 more good to great years (max), but they will never sell for a fair price, and he so doesn't fit our business model

after the next 3 seasons, he will turn 33 in the middle of the one after those, and will be near well spent (he may be the season before that, in terms of WC play)

15 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

According to the Mail Man City are in talks to sign Nathan Ake 

my main issue with him is that he is too short (1.79m to 1.80m)

if he was 6 to 8 cms taller, then I would have been all in for years

height matters in the EPL for CB's a lot more than other leagues

it is one of Zouma's biggest strengths (along his literal strength as well)

Zouma was a beast in the 2nd half yesterday, he showed unreal stamina, so I can see why Lampard gets how he is about our CB's, but Zouma is just SO poor on the ball

IF he had just half of Luiz's on-the-ball and passing ability (and zero of Luiz's mind meltdowns) he would be worth £80m

AC was great the game before

Rudiger was really good in both games

Tomori is the one who has had the fewest good games TBH, but he also has the highest potential

Alaba is the same height as Ake, but he is far better at positioning and also has better pace (although Ake is far from slow) plus he has shown he is far stronger than he looks