Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

19 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

So using AN OPEN MIND and thinking along the thoughts I am see if you could come out with a strong CORE of HG's, whether they are PL or what, that we could turn to. Not necessarily one for each position, but a few we could use for awhile with the possibilities of a NEW Old Guard.

I dont necessarily think it needs to be English but just playing devils advocate I'd be interested to see what you came up with.

already did that awhile back sweetie

2 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

People keep saying we lack goals from midfielders but fun fact: Chelsea midfielders this season scored 18 goals. Liverpool's 8. Maybe we lack goals from strikers. 

Fair enough, but it is one of those stats that can be very misleading.

I used Rakitic as an example, who not only is a constant goal threat, but happens to come alive at the toughest matches on the highest stage.

Ross and RLC scored some goals at home against some low PL outfit, but when we play the big ones, our midfield tends to be too quiet. Kante is the only real goal threat, and that's not really good enough at this level. Caveat on the development of Ross and esp RLC though.

On 12/29/2018 at 3:47 AM, Vesper said:

HG targets (for better or worse) for us to meet quota

GK Angus Gunn

GK Nick Pope

CB Nathan Aké (via buyback clause)

CB Declan Rice

CB Reece Oxford

CB Fikayo Tomori (maybe promoted to our main squad)

CB Ezri Konsa (Brentford)

LB Ryan Sessegnon (he would certainly be an upgrade, but will cost a bloody fortune)

LB Ben Chilwell (insane valuation, £50m! and Shitty might pay that! In his defence, he is better IMHO than Luke Shaw and looked great for England)

LB Luke Shaw (meh)

LB Rico Henry (Brentford)

RB Reece James (promoted to our main squad, has star potential from what I see)

RB Aaron Wan-Bissaka (super pacey, an interesting player, shame he is not a LB)

RB Ola Aina (ours and has looked great for Torino, but they are buying him perm)

RB Max Aarons (Norwich)

RB James Justin (Luton Town)

CMF Aaron Ramsey (zero clue where he ends up, I think outside the UK)

CMF Lewis Cook (if we HAD to buy an English MF, we should have purchased him over Drinkwater, but a no for me, plus he blew his knee out badly, is done for the year, which is a huge blow for Bournemouth)

CMF Morgan Gibbs-White (looked the dogs bollocks versus us, I am game for a grab!)

CMF George Lapslie (Charlton)

AMF Mason Mount (promoted to main squad, so hope he comes good in a huge way)

AMF James Maddison (I actually rate him a bit, looks dangerous every time I see him, NOT saying he is Chels level yet)

AMF Jack Grealish  (no no no, just based on his hair!)

AMF Eberechi Eze (QPR)

LW Jadon Sancho (Shitty has right of first refusal, so zero chance, he would be a terror in Sarriball)

LW Ollie Watkins (Brentford)

RW Wilfried Zaha

RW Reiss Nelson (would love to grab him from Arse, but zero chance)

CF Marcus Rashford (they would never sell to us)

CF Romelu Lukaku (he is actually homegrown, but hell NO)

CF Callum Wilson (bad knees and a meh)

CF Dominic Calvert-Lewin (meh)

CF Tammy Abraham

Have made a copy to check them out Ron. Ta for the reminder ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

3 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

People keep saying we lack goals from midfielders but fun fact: Chelsea midfielders this season scored 18 goals. Liverpool's 8. Maybe we lack goals from strikers. 

I come up with 17 goals (BUT one of the 17,  RLC's, came as a RW)

so 16 total

one of them was a pen

so 15 from open play or free kicks

of those only 9 were league goals

that is from all seven MF's  (Drinkwater and van Ginkel have not even played in the league) we have had on the roster this season

11 total assists, 10 in the league

that is WOEFUL production

22 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Have made a copy to check them out Ron. Ta for the reminder ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

the ones I rate as actual top level talent atm

GK Angus Gunn

CB Declan Rice (DMF as well)

LB Ryan Sessegnon

LB Ben Chilwell 

RB Ola Aina (ours and has looked great for Torino, but they are buying him perm)

RB Max Aarons (Norwich) <<< mad potential, I would go for him if we miss out on Wan-Bissaka

CMF Lewis Cook (if we HAD to buy an English MF, we should have purchased him over Drinkwater, but a no for me, plus he blew his knee out badly, is done for the year, which is a huge blow for Bournemouth) <<< we shall have to see how he recovers

AMF James Maddison (I actually rate him a bit, looks dangerous every time I see him, NOT saying he is Chels level yet)

LW Jadon Sancho (Shitty has right of first refusal, so zero chance, he would be a terror in Sarriball)

RW Wilfried Zaha

30 minutes ago, Vesper said:

the ones I rate as actual top level talent atm

GK Angus Gunn

CB Declan Rice (DMF as well)

LB Ryan Sessegnon

LB Ben Chilwell 

RB Max Aarons (Norwich) <<< mad potential, I would go for him if we miss out on Wan-Bissaka

CMF Lewis Cook (if we HAD to buy an English MF, we should have purchased him over Drinkwater, but a no for me, plus he blew his knee out badly, is done for the year, which is a huge blow for Bournemouth) <<< we shall have to see how he recovers

RW Wilfried Zaha

Do you understand what I was trying to say mate? Or agree at all?

16 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Do you understand what I was trying to say mate? Or agree at all?

I think it only comes into play at a DEEP psychological level if a player is still with their youth club

I dont put a whole lot of weight into it anymore

Look at CHO for an example that blows even that link out

He is probably going to do us hard and he is as local as they come

I don't see how a Geordie (for example) would be any more proud to where our crest than a Portuguese of the same age with same time in the EPL

Different people are motivated by different things

Look at Mertens at Napoli

he is full blown Neapolitan culture and pride now

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

I come up with 17 goals (BUT one of the 17,  RLC's, came as a RW)

so 16 total

one of them was a pen

so 15 from open play or free kicks

of those only 9 were league goals

that is from all seven MF's  (Drinkwater and van Ginkel have not even played in the league) we have had on the roster this season

11 total assists, 10 in the league

that is WOEFUL production

Maybe you didn't list Fabregas goal? Milner scored some penalties as well.  Anyway I agree it's not enough and I also want new addition. 

Just now, NikkiCFC said:

Maybe you didn't list Fabregas goal? 

ahhhhhh

BINGO

that said

it was not an EPL goal

and that takes the total to EIGHT MFers on the roster

also I must still say

STUPID move selling Cesc

Bayern Munich targeting Arsenal’s Xavier Amaechi

http://dailycannon.com/2019/03/bayern-munich-targeting-arsenals-xavier-amaechi/

Football.London claim Bayern have a ‘long-standing admiration’ of the teenage winger, and they’re far from the only ones. 14 Bundesliga clubs were reportedly in attendance for the Premier League 2 match between Arsenal and Swansea, as well as Spanish, French and Italian clubs. Not all were following Amaechi, but many would’ve been.

Scouts were certainly everywhere in the crowd on Monday night. Everywhere you looked there were people with notebooks scribbling details down. Amaechi didn’t disappoint either, proving one of Arsenal’s brightest sparks on the night.

Having watched Amaechi rise from the u18s to the u23s over the last couple of seasons, I’d argue Amaechi could turn out to be even better than Gnabry. He’s fast, he can dribble, he has tonnes of skills in his locker, his crossing is excellent even when you give him almost no room to work with, and he can finish chances when you give them to him.

snip

left-footed RW, exactly what they do not have come summer, and it is not fair to compare him to Gnabry, as Gnabry is being forced to play out of position at RW atm and still doing very very well (tracking to 16 goals plus, 10 assists plus if he had full time minutes played)

I still have no idea why Bayern are soooo hot for CHO, as he is clearly a LW, and they have 2 superb players there already (Coman and Gnabry, plus another 18yo LW they just bought in Alphonso Davies)

btw, this happened today as well:

Serge Gnabry signs Bayern Munich contract extension until 2023

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11890/11655661/serge-gnabry-signs-bayern-munich-contract-extension-until-2023