Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

1 hour ago, nyikolajevics said:

Adam Johnson released from prison today!!! Sign him up as long as he is a free agent!

LOLOLOL

he had some decent years at top flight level (and it was with a SHIT club, so even more impressive)

5 years ago, 20 total goals produced

71c1f98bde61dc313ca9a5376032a810.png

all that said, I cannot see him ever playing footie in England again, maybe nowhere, as he is a convicted sex offender

17 minutes ago, Vesper said:

LOLOLOL

he had some decent years at top flight level (and it was with a SHIT club, so even more impressive)

Well, Ched Evans came back., he still plays. Maybe Johnson will return in League One or something.

Wait a minute. Ched Evans, Adam Johnson, Robinho, all convicted rapists. Idk happened at Manchester City but this can't be a coincidence, they all played for city between 2008-2012-ish :D

2 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

Well, Ched Evans came back., he still plays. Maybe Johnson will return in League One or something.

Wait a minute. Ched Evans, Adam Johnson, Robinho, all convicted rapists. Idk happened at Manchester City but this can't be a coincidence, they all played for city between 2008-2012-ish :D

Alexandre Pato just became a free agent, lol

crazy he is still only 29yo

7974514b6edcdfb11ff80bcccc0c8953.png

10 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

Adam Johnson: Ex-Sunderland player unlikely to play again

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/35896091

Adam Johnson has "damaged the reputation of football" and his chances of playing again are "very remote", says Professional Footballers' Association chairman Gordon Taylor.

Ex-Sunderland player Johnson has been jailed for six years for grooming and sexual activity with a girl aged 15.

Taylor also said the game needs to work harder on child protection.

"I do know my members and this is an example of something going badly wrong," Taylor told BBC Sport.

snip

he should try to play in Hungary or other eastern Europe countries

age of consent is crazy low still all over

In Hungary its 14 and 12 if the other person is under 18  eeeeek:(

Italy too, 14 and 13 if less than 3 years age difference

Spain used to be TOTALLY fucked up 12yo with no restrictions, then raised to 13 in 1999, it wasn't until 2016 they raised it 16

age-of-consent-europe.jpg

Real Madrid will reportedly shatter record to end Liverpool's Reinier Jesus hopes

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/03/22/do-real-madrid-will-reportedly-shatter-record-to-end-liverpools/

Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool reportedly want to bring Reinier Jesus to the Premier League but La Liga powerhouses Real Madrid could pay a huge fee.

Reinier Jesus may be just 17 but he is already courting interest from some of the biggest clubs anywhere in world football.

Le 10 Sport claimed earlier in March that both Liverpool and Paris Saint-Germain are circling around the Flamengo forward.

And this was not the first time Anfield was mentioned as a potential destination. Writing on his official website in 2018, former Flamengo president Kleber Leite claimed the Reds had started negotiations with Reinier’s family.

But Liverpool will now have to contend with a Real Madrid side who have made a habit of signing Brazilian wonder-kids of late. Vinicius Junior has been a roaring success at the Bernabau and he will be joined in the Spanish capital by Santos forward Rodrygo this summer.

snip

4 hours ago, Vesper said:

In Hungary its 14 and 12 if the other person is under 18  eeeeek:(

I knew the age of consent was 14 here but never heard about the 12/18 rule, it's disgusting. If I had a 12 years old daughter and a 17 years old guy approached her.. I won't even finish.

"As a sex offender, Johnson will have to register his address and bank details with police and inform officers of any intention to travel abroad.

The children's services department from the local council may also carry out risk assessments in relation to Johnson's daughter Ayla, and could prevent Johnson from spending time alone with his daughter."

Yeah, it's ridiculous that he was in jail for this for 3 years, now he is a registered sex offender and can't even see his child but if he did it here it would be legal.. Both country European Union.

On 14/03/2019 at 4:02 PM, Hazardinho Gaucho said:

I think Chelsea needs to be creative. Try to find players that you can see are already good and can develop under the right system but still are not considered world class so will be not so expensive. Like Salah and Mane when Liverpool signed them. A lot of people were saying they were not good enough. Even in Liverpool forums.

There are players like Kieran Tierney full back from Celtic that i belive can be a top player. I know people will say hahaha its the Scotish league but that is exactly my point.

Also Chelsea needs to fix the strategy in South America. For example Barcelona signed Arthur for $30 millions. It would be amazing Kante-Arthur in midfield. Porto signed Eder Militao for €7 millions few months ago. Now they sold him for €50 millions. Once the players are already in europe they become suddenly expensive even if they are playing exactly with same level. Also you always see italian clubs picking some of the best argentinian prospects and they are not paying big money.

I suspect that every top club in Europe had Arthur on their radar. Barca's advantages over us are insurmountable in such cases. I'm just glad City didn't get him, as I had feared that they might.

We have tried in the South American market, but we've failed for a number of reasons. Robhino and Neymar are examples of players we've worked hard to sign but who were already coveted by teams higher up the food chain and so we lost out. (Not that I was keen on us signing Robinho from Real. I argued against it in many comments on the grounds that if he was worth the investment, a top club wouldn't be selling him in the first place.)

I think such experiences have taught us to be speculative in trying to spot gems before the more attractive clubs do. That's fine in theory, but it's tough in practice. All top sides scout at least as widely as we do so we've had to fish in deeper and deeper water. This has made us overly speculative and our judgement seems to have been put aside. We seem to have decided to just roll the dice instead of targeting only those with genuine top level prospects. The first time I saw highlights of Wallace and Kennedy I knew, and posted to say, that they were not good enough. If their flaws are so obvious, how did they end up on our books?

We Appear to have been beguiled by the flashy, and not paid enough attention to the whole of a player's game. It's an immature approach, and is one of the factors which has led me to speculate that Arkaidy had been 'cutting his teeth' in the transfer market. If that is so, then he has built up some experience which will be valuable going forward.

Our chuck it at the wall, see if it sticks approach has damaged our standing in the transfer market but the policy you've outlined remains the rightly one if applied correctly. Many have bought in to it and @Vesper takes it to the next level by going beyond proposing the idea, and actually naming the potential targets,

On 14/03/2019 at 4:02 PM, Hazardinho Gaucho said:

I think Chelsea needs to be creative. Try to find players that you can see are already good and can develop under the right system but still are not considered world class so will be not so expensive. Like Salah and Mane when Liverpool signed them. A lot of people were saying they were not good enough. Even in Liverpool forums.

There are players like Kieran Tierney full back from Celtic that i belive can be a top player. I know people will say hahaha its the Scotish league but that is exactly my point.

Also Chelsea needs to fix the strategy in South America. For example Barcelona signed Arthur for $30 millions. It would be amazing Kante-Arthur in midfield. Porto signed Eder Militao for €7 millions few months ago. Now they sold him for €50 millions. Once the players are already in europe they become suddenly expensive even if they are playing exactly with same level. Also you always see italian clubs picking some of the best argentinian prospects and they are not paying big money.

I agree, unfortunately it's becoming a much harder art form because even average players nowadays are commanding huge transfer fees from everywhere. I would expect Celtic would still demand in excess of £20m because they know the current market can command this.

The South American market was something I felt quite strongly about years ago when we were paying huge money for the likes of Ramires and David Luiz only a season or so after they had some over to Europe from Brazil and felt we could be saving millions if we had identified these players sooner. The only player I can think of who we successfully took in that way was Alex. Work permits, whilst not insurmountable, probably help deter from the attractiveness of this strategy but also I don't think the quality in South America is currently as good as it has been over the years. Brazil and Argentina in particular just aren't that great at present.

I still believe our most important strategy with regards to squad re-building at present should be to integrate some of our young players. Loftus-Cheek should have been given the opportunity instead of buying Drinkwater. Reece James should be given the opportunity to replace Zappacosta in the squad next season. We shouldn't look to buy to replace Hazard, we should give Hudson-Odoi the opportunity. Same with Christensen over Luiz.

There should be a strategy in place where gaps in the squad are filled by academy players. They won't be expected to start immediately but they'll be blooded over a season or two with increasing exposure to the first team, trusted to fill in when required, and hopefully develop to challenge for a first team spot or if not they are settled as a good valued squad player. This will save millions being squandered on average players who we hope might turn good, but the majority of time won't like the Drinkwaters and Zappacostas and allow us potentially to focus on just a couple of key areas each season to improve the first team quality, which would allow us to compete more at the higher end of the market because our transfer budget doesn't need stretching out so much.

De Ligt is nothing but a dream. Aside the fact we have no chance luring him away against Barca, take a look at who his agent is. 

From what is possible, 

Alessio Romagnoli - I think if we offer the right amount, Milan wouldn't be able to reject. He's also earning only a reported 70Kpw. Something we can definitely improve on. 

Ferland Mendy - Same as Alessio

Wan Bissaka - We have a great relationship with Palace. I'm sure we could work up a deal with Batshuayi included

Fernandes/Sarabia/Fekir - Anyone is entirely possible if we offer the right amount. Preferably Sarabia given his versatility and price. 

Pepe - Mandatory. Only reasonable replacement for Hazard. 

Those 5 signings will improve us immensely. 

Higuain

CHO---------------Pepe

Sarabia---Kante

Jorginho

Mendy---Romagnoli(C)----Rudiger----W.Bissaka

Kepa 

1 hour ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Bayern now following Liverpool's example in how much a top Centre back should cost. 80 million for Hernandez. 

Jesus wept this market is fucked. 

+a badly injured one who is way too short for a top cb these days. Our board would  have been crucified on here  for this deal