Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

On 2/24/2019 at 10:44 AM, NikkiCFC said:

Icardi looks like someone who is going for most money possible and Vanda would love London. If we sign these 4 players we would be able to fight for the title and CL. Right back would be only weak link. 

On 2/24/2019 at 8:58 AM, manpe said:

HAHAHA, typical name-drops. Not gonna get any of them but there will be plenty of "links", I'm sure of it. We're a mid-table team, those players would want to join clubs with ambitions and chances to win major trophies. We're gonna be hustling for domestic cups at best for years to come.

I'm always pesimistic where our board is concerned but they've shown they will still stump up for a high priced player now and then

This summer will be very important for us if we are serious about not only being contenders but to dominate.

Im for all those named but tho I would have donated my left dangley for KK at one time I dont think we would get our moneys worth out of the deal now.

But we do need to sort out our back 4. We dont only need ball players - we need some bite back there too.

Chelsea’s official Twitter account mercilessly trolled over transfer tweet

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2019/02/27/chelsea-twitter-account-trolled-over-transfers/

Whoever’s running Chelsea’s official Twitter account seems to have forgotten the club are most likely going to be slapped with a transfer ban this summer.

The Blues have been punished over their recruitment of some young players, though BBC Sporthave reported they are set to contest the decision, potentially buying them some time and an opportunity to sign players this summer.

Still, it looks a bit silly for Chelsea to be promoting transfer rumours and gossip involving their club at a time when it still remains to be seen if they will actually be making any this summer.

Here’s a collection of some tweets doing the rounds trolling Chelsea’s Twitter account for this rather embarrassing oversight, with their social media work almost as error-prone as their defending was at the Etihad Stadium recently…

Man City set sights on three signings, including €60m Chelsea transfer target

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2019/02/27/luka-jovic-man-city-chelsea-transfer-battle/

GRRRRR

all 3 are targets for us

2 are plat out CRUCIAL

Luka Jovic

Ben Chilwell (only other acceptable targets at LB for me besides him are Junior Firpo and Alex Telles, unless we are going to semi-break our 30yo and up no multiyear contracts and sign Alex Sandro, who turns 29 in middle of next year)

Tanguy Ndombele (would be a MONSTER combined with Kante on a deep 2 pivot)

IF Shitty get those 3 and also a WC CB (they need a new CB to replace Kompany/Otamendi)

Its fucking lights out next year

they would HAVE to be favourites to win not just the EPL but the CL as well:(

you are talking 2 or 3 deep at every position, all WC, or damn close to WC players

7 GOALS, 11 ASSISTS: THE STATS THAT SHOW JUST WHY ARSENAL AND CHELSEA ARE TRACKING THIS EXCITING PLAYMAKER

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/7-goals-11-assists-the-stats-that-show-just-why-arsenal-and-chelsea-are-tracking-this-exciting-playmaker/

8 hours ago, mccg said:

7 GOALS, 11 ASSISTS: THE STATS THAT SHOW JUST WHY ARSENAL AND CHELSEA ARE TRACKING THIS EXCITING PLAYMAKER

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/7-goals-11-assists-the-stats-that-show-just-why-arsenal-and-chelsea-are-tracking-this-exciting-playmaker/

I want to see what he can do in the EPL before we start sniffing around, say summer  2021 window (our first major post ban) would be a good time to make final judgement

On 2/27/2019 at 4:50 PM, Vesper said:

Man City set sights on three signings, including €60m Chelsea transfer target

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2019/02/27/luka-jovic-man-city-chelsea-transfer-battle/

GRRRRR

all 3 are targets for us

2 are plat out CRUCIAL

Luka Jovic

Ben Chilwell (only other acceptable targets at LB for me besides him are Junior Firpo and Alex Telles, unless we are going to semi-break our 30yo and up no multiyear contracts and sign Alex Sandro, who turns 29 in middle of next year)

Tanguy Ndombele (would be a MONSTER combined with Kante on a deep 2 pivot)

IF Shitty get those 3 and also a WC CB (they need a new CB to replace Kompany/Otamendi)

Its fucking lights out next year

they would HAVE to be favourites to win not just the EPL but the CL as well:(

you are talking 2 or 3 deep at every position, all WC, or damn close to WC players

See this is what clubs should do when they are at the top doing good. They strengthen their side even more so they can dominate.

Us? We have fucked up twaice now. Twice when we were winners we sat back and did fuck all and it hurt us.

Now Pep has his club doing exactly the right thing.

CUNTS!

Man City to go on £350m spending spree - Pep Guardiola earmarks FOUR mega summer deals

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/762936/Man-City-transfer-news-latest-Pep-Guardiola-Premier-League

5 hours ago, Unionjack said:

See this is what clubs should do when they are at the top doing good. They strengthen their side even more so they can dominate.

Us? We have fucked up twaice now. Twice when we were winners we sat back and did fuck all and it hurt us.

Now Pep has his club doing exactly the right thing.

CUNTS!

Man City to go on £350m spending spree - Pep Guardiola earmarks FOUR mega summer deals

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/762936/Man-City-transfer-news-latest-Pep-Guardiola-Premier-League

They dream of CL. You don't bring Pep and spend 600+ millions just to win PL. Mancini and Pellegrini already did that. If Pep leave Man City without CL trophy he won't be considered successful there just like Bayern fans don't think he did much for them. 

3 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Bakayoko 35, Aina 10 and Pasalic 15. Three players we'll never use.  60m great money. We can buy one top player.

They way our board work= Keep them on loan.

Fucking nobheads running this club.

21 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Bakayoko 35, Aina 10 and Pasalic 15. Three players we'll never use.  60m great money. We can buy one top player.

Chilwell. Young, talented, HG. Fits perfectly to the plans of Sarri and of the club

On 02/03/2019 at 3:48 PM, !Hazard! said:

Chilwell. Young, talented, HG. Fits perfectly to the plans of Sarri and of the club

Pretty sure Shitty is going to move for him

Junior Firpo has been hurt, which (injuries) is exactly why Pep may give up on Mendy

If Shitty grab Chilwell that leaves (this is a pretty exhaustive list) in no order

Lucas Hernández - Atlético Madrid (CB as well but probably going to Bayern)

Alex Telles FC Porto

Alex Sandro - Juventus (last year worth going for him, too old after this)

Theo Hernández - Real Sociedad

Rogério - Sassuolo

Borna Sosa - VfB Stuttgart

Sergio Reguilón - Real Madrid

Junior Firpo - Real Betis

Ryan Sessegnon- Fulham

José Gayà - Valencia

Raphaël Guerreiro - Borussia Dortmund (plays LW as well)

Alejandro Grimaldo - Benfica

Wendell - Bayer Leverkusen

Ferland Mendy - Lyon

Dalbert - Inter Milan

Layvin Kurzawa - PSG

Stanley N'Soki - PSG

Hamza Mendyl - FC Schalke 04

Marcelo Saracchi - RB Leipzig

Kieran Tierney - Celtic

Aarón Martín - Mainz 05

16 hours ago, Vesper said:

Pretty sure Shitty is going to move for him

Junior Firpo has been hurt, which (injuries) is exactly why Pep may give up on Mendy

If Shitty grab Chilwell that leaves (this is a pretty exhaustive list)

Lucas Hernández - Atlético Madrid (CB as well but probably going to Bayern)

Alex Telles FC Porto

Alex Sandro - Juventus (last year worth going for him, too old after this)

Junior Firpo - Real Betis

Ryan Sessegnon- Fulham

José Gayà - Valencia

Raphaël Guerreiro - Borussia Dortmund (plays LW as well)

Alejandro Grimaldo - Benfica

Wendell - Bayer Leverkusen

Ferland Mendy - Lyon

Dalbert - Inter Milan

Layvin Kurzawa - PSG

Stanley N'Soki - PSG

Hamza Mendyl - FC Schalke 04

Marcelo Saracchi - RB Leipzig

Kieran Tierney - Celtic

Theo Hernández - Real Sociedad

Rogério - Sassuolo

Borna Sosa - VfB Stuttgart

Sergio Reguilón - Real Madrid

Aarón Martín - Mainz 05

With Dave here till 2022 and Alonso another year after him I really cant see either leaving unless something big changes things. And I feel a bit of a cunt for knocking Dave cause hes always been a fave player abd dependable since he joined. Plus the fact hes given 7 assists so far. (Dont really see why Pedros pass is included as an assist tho) And as Dave could be of good use as a CB OR in the event of new manager and formation.

But I cant help but wonder how much difference it would make with 2 stronger, more dynamic FBs

I know its a hard thing to say (and probably unfair for him being so strong in previous seasons and may well be again IF the formation/manager is altered) but having 2 attacking FBs would make a big difference for us.

Plus add a good strong partner for Rudi.

On 3/3/2019 at 0:56 AM, Unionjack said:

With Dave here till 2022 and Alonso another year after him I really cant see either leaving unless something big changes things. And I feel a bit of a cunt for knocking Dave cause hes always been a fave player abd dependable since he joined. Plus the fact hes given 7 assists so far. (Dont really see why Pedros pass is included as an assist tho) And as Dave could be of good use as a CB OR in the event of new manager and formation.

But I cant help but wonder how much difference it would make with 2 stronger, more dynamic FBs

I know its a hard thing to say (and probably unfair for him being so strong in previous seasons and may well be again IF the formation/manager is altered) but having 2 attacking FBs would make a big difference for us.

Plus add a good strong partner for Rudi.

heh quality FBs are as rare as they are unavailable, unless we make bets. IMO the problem isn't Dave or Alonso, but their subs are not good enough to put any pressure or rotate.

We have another major weaknesses in midfield, which is the lack of goals. Kante is doing surprisingly well in that role, but he will never pull a Rakitic (very underrated player despite being a match winner). Scoring, or at least shooting, from midfield can be the difference in tough matches when the attackers aren't getting behind the defense line.

We need a long-term striker option, a midfielder who can attack and score (may be RLC but Ross does not seem to be it), wingers (esp with Eden and CHo leaving),and only then an FB upgrade, if available. Not easy... 

16 hours ago, Robchels said:

heh quality FBs are as rare as they are unavailable, unless we make bets. IMO the problem isn't Dave or Alonso, but their subs are not good enough to put any pressure or rotate.

We have another major weaknesses in midfield, which is the lack of goals. Kante is doing surprisingly well in that role, but he will never pull a Rakitic (very underrated player despite being a match winner). Scoring, or at least shooting, from midfield can be the difference in tough matches when the attackers aren't getting behind the defense line.

We need a long-term striker option, a midfielder who can attack and score (may be RLC but Ross does not seem to be it), wingers (esp with Eden and CHo leaving),and only then an FB upgrade, if available. Not easy... 

People keep saying we lack goals from midfielders but fun fact: Chelsea midfielders this season scored 18 goals. Liverpool's 8. Maybe we lack goals from strikers. 

35 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

People keep saying we lack goals from midfielders but fun fact: Chelsea midfielders this season scored 18 goals. Liverpool's 8. Maybe we lack goals from strikers. 

Subtracting how many penalties tho?

Shirley you don't think we have 1 who we could ever say we have to start 'X'! Having a red hot ACM would help us out in so many ways. Not only in G's and A's but as another Jorgi further up the pitch. I just don't see any of our lads doing it and thats sad and infuriating.

@Vesper

Mrs I've got a project for you.

Ive wondered about the teams lack of spark,fight,character,passion,pride and I've wondered IF it could be that our 'foreign' players dont understand our Chelsea history/tradition?

Whatever English player you would ask no matter who they were or where from would at least understand what it meant to all of us connected to the club, when they put their shirt on.

I stopped believing we should be made to use ANY HG players and that we should be allowed to use any player no matter where from. But I'm wondering slightly IF I was right to think it. It's nothing to do with helping out the England side but its just summet in my head I'm pondering.

I know that VERY GOOD HG are few and far between and I dont watch enough other teams to know who/where/why any could be used here

So using AN OPEN MIND and thinking along the thoughts I am see if you could come out with a strong CORE of HG's, whether they are PL or what, that we could turn to. Not necessarily one for each position, but a few we could use for awhile with the possibilities of a NEW Old Guard.

I dont necessarily think it needs to be English but just playing devils advocate I'd be interested to see what you came up with.