Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Cavani to Man CIty looks strong and Lewandowski to United and Bayern looks more likely than Chelsea. If we miss all 3, what then? Sign someone like Rooney or Higuain? or Stick with Lukaku?

What about jackson martinez?

What about jackson martinez?

Not watched the Portuguese League enough to have an informed opinion on him. Would like to see him at Spain/Germany/Italy before jumping on his bandwagon

Not watched the Portuguese League enough to have an informed opinion on him. Would like to see him at Spain/Germany/Italy before jumping on his bandwagon

I watched him in UCL and was really impressed by him,He would be a good signing for 20m imo.

If I were the manager with £80 million these are the player's I'd try and get;

CB: Kurt Zouma (for the future) - £5 million

DM: We have Mikel, Essien for the season so need to get a replacement for Lamps yet.

AM: Isco - £15 million

RW: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlin - £15 million

ST: Cavani - £25 million

Lewandowski - £20 million

If I were the manager with £80 million these are the player's I'd try and get;

CB: Kurt Zouma (for the future) - £5 million

DM: We have Mikel, Essien for the season so need to get a replacement for Lamps yet.

AM: Isco - £15 million

RW: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlin - £15 million

ST: Cavani - £25 million

Lewandowski - £20 million

You are in dreamland if you think Cavani would go for 25 mill and Mikel and Essien are good enough to continue with if we are to challange for the title.

I don't watch Portugal, but I talked with people that are Benfica fans and they were amazed with him. He is immense. Like I said, my list for strikers will go so - on:
Cavani

Lewandowski

Jackson Martinez

Falcao

Rooney

Anything else.

I will put it here. Look at Porto's business, that's just incredible.

porto_1.jpg?ver=0

The first number stands for the buying price, the second for the sell and the third for the profit.

Very impressive. How they still manage to compete at the top level is a testament to how well their club's run.

Very impressive. How they still manage to compete at the top level is a testament to how well their club's run.

Because they dont have prejudice towards South American football an their scouts actually watch the teams play.

Not that South American teams are better than European, but they are not so far apart (very top SA clubs are in the same level as Everton, Valencia, Lazio, etc) and there are some really great talent down here (just look at Uruguay, Chile, Argentina, Colombia and Brazil). The fact only Brazil has a big economy, makes it easy for Porto to offer cheap money and grab the likes of Hulk, Falcao, Gonzales, Garay, Gaitan, etc.

However, more than the scouting itself, the strong support and patience they have with their new comming players is the real secret to their enormous success. Since they are not as big as the other UCL clubs, there is no pressure or immediate need for young players to perform week in and week out, giving them the much needed adaptation period.

By the way, all of that applies to Benfica as well...

I don't watch Portugal, but I talked with people that are Benfica fans and they were amazed with him. He is immense. Like I said, my list for strikers will go so - on:

Cavani

Lewandowski

Jackson Martinez

Falcao

Rooney

Anything else.

add PE Aubameyang to that list. He might be not quite ready but he is such a pace whore. And pace can hurt any opposition.

You are in dreamland if you think Cavani would go for 25 mill and Mikel and Essien are good enough to continue with if we are to challange for the title.

Mikel is a good ball holding player who can easily play alongside Ramires/Luiz in DM which is where Lampard plays and Essien is an experience player and played in an unfamilar position to him in the Champions League Final 2008 at Right Back against Man Utd and we almost won so I believe that they are fine and Lampard is 34 and he helps us.

And I agree with you Cavani would probably go for around £40-50 million bit over the top!

add PE Aubameyang to that list. He might be not quite ready but he is such a pace whore. And pace can hurt any opposition.

Forgot him actually. He is nice, but I bet my balls we won't sign him. He is somewhat like Schurlle actually. Ever since Brandao came to Saint-Etienne he has been playing as a Support Striker and a Winger, rather than upfront. But, I would like him here. Bet my balls we won't look at him even.

fc twente centre back douglas is available for free at the end of the season. he is 6ft 4 and strong. has anyone seen him play in holland? i hear he is highly rated.

article-2124417-12518435000005DC-423_468

fc twente centre back douglas is available for free at the end of the season. he is 6ft 4 and strong. has anyone seen him play in holland? i hear he is highly rated.

As far as I know, he's a good player, above average in the Eredivisie, but not worldclass-level. He definitely wouldn't be a bad deal as you can't do anything wrong for free, but I don't know if we should sign a CB at all. There's Luiz, Cahill, Terry and Ivanovic and we still have Aké, too. I think, if we're to sign a CB, we should do it to really strengthen the squad and not just for depth. I don't think Douglas will strengthen the first team.