Juan Mata

Severinb

I guess one of the main issues is Mata carried us for the last two seasons (creativity wise) and now we are much better he is off to help united until they recover.

It's a shame as I would have never seen this coming at the start of the season.

Good luck Juan and thanks for everything.

Again, just my opinion. No need for people to get annoyed with me as we're all CFC fans. I could have chosen a less controversial first few comments, but differing opinions, view-points and beliefs are what make the world a beautiful place. If you REALLY think about it, he could have remained at the club and fought for his place. It's not like he was a fringe player like Essien or De Bruyne, as he'd played more minutes than most of our "reserves" and was probably in line to start again after Oscar's two mediocre back to back performances against Hull and Man United. But he's gone to United and doubled his wages. Good luck to him, I guess.

I guess one of the main issues is Mata carried us for the last two seasons (creativity wise) and now we are much better he is off to help united until they recover.

It's a shame as I would have never seen this coming at the start of the season.

Good luck Juan and thanks for everything.

I think Hazard also did an amazing job in his first season (which was Mata's second) creativity wise, don't you? He certainly didn't "carry" us.

I wish him all the best, how anyone can call him a traitor is beyond me. Jose is right, what if Juan wants to stay in England? it's not a computer game, this is someones life, we cannot force him to go to Russia or France. I for one believe in what Jose is doing. We now have a manager, not a coach. Jose wants to build a side that's going to compete for 10+ years, yes, it's sad that someone as talented as Juan doesn't fit into Jose's plan, but its the way of life. It's a good deal for all parties involved.

4-1-2-1-2 @ United?

------ Rooney -- RVP -----

---------- Mata ------------

Adnan ------------ Kagawa

---------- Carrick -----------

Evra - Rio - Vidic - Rafael

Won't be bad going forward

That team will concede 4 goals a game.

They have so many wingers, I don't see them playing such a narrow formation.

4-4-2 maybe

De Gea

Rafael - Evans - Vidic - Evra

Mata - Carrick - Cleverly - Januzaj

RVP - Rooney

or

4-2-3-1

De Gea

Rafael - Evans - Vidic - Evra

Carrick - Cleverly

Mata - Rooney - Januzaj

RVP

we didnt sell Drogba to Manure and so far Lampard is still with us .. If you think Joe Cole was better than Mata then you probably think the Cubbies will win

the World Series

BURNT!!!!!!!!! hes knows about the cubbies joke!

His contributions will never be forgotten, he came into a stagnant past it squad, stood out like a star and at one point was the only aspect off our club we could feel good about in a dark period.

There is nothing i would have loved more than Mata to have fitted this system but sadly it won't happen, sad he is leaving but that sadness is overpowered by my exictement on the direction this club is going.
Players come and go, CFChowever is eternal, onwards and upwards.

we didnt sell Drogba to Manure and so far Lampard is still with us .. If you think Joe Cole was better than Mata then you probably think the Cubbies will win

the World Series

Missing the point. The point of my very first comment was to remind people that we've also had other great players play for us during Juan's two years here. Maybe it's Mata's perceived good, charming guy personality that has so many people falling over him.. And it's interesting that you bring up Joe Cole as this was a similar type player that got a similar type treatment from Mourinho. Never left us, even though he was wanted by Man United and Co. Took it all in his stride, became a better player and even won a POTY award.

Joe Cole,Proper Chelsea legend: Chelsea ball-boy, loyal, fan all his life and never left us at the first hint of adversity. Can't remember so many people falling over themselves when he eventually left the club, even though he did deserve it.

Mata could have been all these things, but he's just like Robben or Crespo in my eyes. Nothing more, nothing less.

The last player we sold to Manure was Ray Wilkins ,, We had to sell him or go bust ,, Ray was always Chelsea and still is ,,

I liked Juan but he didnt have blue blood like Wilkins and Terry .

Im sorry Juan is leaving but not as sad as when Wilkins was sold or when Zola and Drogba left

Not to disagree, but isn't JT a childhood united fan?

Drogba, Lampard, Essien, Terry, Hazard, Cech, Joe Cole, Ballack, Ash, Zola, Jimmy, Eidur, etc etc Why do some people think Mata is the only good player Chelsea has had recently? I mean come on, he's not the first player to win player of the year award back to back. He was very good for us, but IMO doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence in terms of quality or contribution as Drogba or Lamps.

All this "best player of last 2 years" talk is getting tedious. It's almost become a stick for the Chelsea haters to beat us with. Fact is Hazard was a better player in the second half of last season.

So much shit in such a small post

So "immense" in fact that he f***** off right to United at the first hint of adversity. Where is the loyalty? He was great for us, but he's with the Scum now. I'll take Paulo Ferreria everyday over Mata. A proper Chelsea legend who still loves the club and goes to The Bridge regularly to watch us.

The point of my comment was that he's not the bestest thing ever in the history of this great club. With or without Mata we move on. I remember Lamps winning back-to-back Chelsea POTY awards but I never seem to remember a wank-fest over it.

First bit of adversity and he f**ks off to United. What happened to his alleged "love for the club" and "wanting to be like Frank and JT"? All sweet talk. Look at Zola. Initially got benched by Ranieri but kept his head down and fought for his place, all this at age 34. No need to even go that far. Look at Azpilicueta for example, we thought he was going to be a squad player, especially when Jose said he's made up his mind about Iva being first choice at RB. Proper professional. Fought for his place and has seemingly displaced Ashley Cole from the starting XI. Ashley, ffs.

And people were already comparing Zola to Mata and calling him a legend at this club? Ridiculous.

He's had like what? 1 goal and 2 assists all season but expects to waltz into the starting line-up when other players are outperforming him? Based off past achievements or what. Like Mourinho said "Story doesn't play football".

Mata was at least, outwardly seemed like a nice guy that loved the club but the fact is that he's gone to United at the slightest hint of adversity tells you everything you need to know about modern footballers. At the end of the day, he's just another super talented player that played for Chelsea, a'la Robben, Crespo and so on. He's no Di Matteo or Desaily or Jimmy. And I won't even mention an unbelievable legend like Frank as there's no point.

He should just have cut out all the love bullsh*t from day one if he never meant it. He's a super-talented mercenary to me (THAT'S MY MAIN POINT, NOT UNDERMINING HIS TALENT), end of and the Mata love-in is just ridiculous. Personally, I'll reserve that love and respect to the current ones in the team that deserve it. Lamps, Cech and JT.

Now at least we'll see some sanity restored to Chelsea blogs in general. People will finally learn to support the TEAM again and trust the manager instead of individual players.

WHERE IS THE FUCKING LOYALTY DID YOU JUST FUCKING POST THAT..... HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

Did Mata want to leave Chelsea in the summer? No. He stayed and fought and adapted his game. Did he want to leave Chelsea this month? Maybe but he had a massive shove towards the door by Mourinho. Hence why Jose is so keen on letting him go for only 37 fucking million.

Fuck it I'm done with this thread, nearly all the recent posts have been utter bullshit about a lack of loyalty or whatever, if you think that he wanted to move so badly please have a fucking word with yourself.... he was pushed out the door its so fucking blatantly obvious.

EDIT: Wait Mata is a super talented mercenary? Fuck me you are stupid. Please do not reply to this either or my head will be destroyed by all the bullshit you're spouting like 'Mata is a super talented mercenary' and 'he should have just cut out the love bullshit from day one' holy fucking shit.

Anyway good luck Juanny, hopefully you'll be appreciated at United in the same way you once were here but don't score against us. Or you'll turn around to United and tell them to fuck off and stay that would be nice.

Been a great servant to the club. Great personality too. I was proud to have him at Chelsea. He didn't deserve to be benched like this but I appreciate the club and Mou for letting him go to play. No matter which team he's at, it'll be a joy to watch him in the Premier League.

Good luck Juanny Cash. We'll be more then fine with or without him.