Juan Mata

Severinb

You can find my posts on Mata in here throughout mid season, and even just as recently as this season. I've always maintained what I said above. He simply isn't as good as Hazard.

I even prefer Willian and Oscar over Mata, although, if anyone were to go, I would have kept Mata and got rid of Schurlle.

Fair play to you then, if it's your genuine opinion.

If we take the bones out of all this we are left with one common denominator and that is why the fook are we selling to Scum U? Cundy said last night on talksport that he had genuine info back in the summer that Jose didn't fancy Mata, so my question is why did we not sell him to PSG when they offered us 40m back then?

I'm not one to believe Guillem Balague considering of his Spanish bias and dislike of Mourinho etc but he might just have a point here in relation to what Cundy said..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/10593633/Chelsea-manager-Jose-Mourinho-did-not-speak-to-Juan-Mata-he-had-no-choice-but-to-leave.html

In terms of overall ability they can be compared - Mata currently has more; out-performing Hazard every season he's had equal opportunity in. He is more naturally gifted in my opinion too. I see where you are coming from to a point though. Hazard can get better, but so can Mata.

See one of my posts a few pages back. In a way I can agree in that I think Mata is a better playmaker than Hazard, but Hazard is a much better fit in the Premier League with his pace, running power and dynamism. I'm not sure it's a coincidence that we are much better this season and challenging at the top without the team built to play to Mata's strengths. I also believe that Hazard had a better first season than Mata's first stats wise.

If United had the choice to buy either Hazard or Mata for £37m they would buy Hazard every single time because he is the better fit both for their side and the Premier League. Mata is a superb player but the team must be built around him to play to his strengths and the team must be solid behind him (which at the moment you're not). When all fit you're best three players are RVP, Rooney and Mata and to accommodate all of them in the starting line up someone will be played out of position or Moyes will have to change formation meaning playing more of a poor crop of midfielders you have at the club.

Also take into account that Mata even when he's had opportunities this season (and Jose had given him them) has been largely poor and not contributed much. I'm not saying he's suddenly a bad player but you are buying him for top money at a time when his stock is probably at it's lowest. I think over time he will do very well for United if the team plays to his strengths but that won't necessarily mean the team will be successful.

Mata deserves better anyway. He made the right choice. We won't bench him.

By the way, you just sold us your best player. Thanks. I'd try and care about your feelings on this, but after reading the thread and comments made about my club I don't seem to be able to give a damn.

By the way, you just broke your transfer record for a player who couldn't make our starting XI :lol:

Lol You? My favourite player is JT. Imagine how I felt when I found out :cry:

he mihht not be my favourite-est player but he ranks somehwere right at the top. He truly is our CLL and to find this out is just heart wrenching to say the least.

In terms of overall ability they can be compared - Mata currently has more; out-performing Hazard every season he's had equal opportunity in. He is more naturally gifted in my opinion too. I see where you are coming from to a point though. Hazard can get better, but so can Mata.

That's why Swansea in the first match of the cup after 25 minutes changed their right midfield for a more defensive one to help their right back.

Last year Hazard and Oscar had to do a lot of work defensively under Benitez but still Hazard was contributing in stats in the end of the year.

And Hazard on the left was often isolated, Lampard is not Ramires that can offert a lot of support for right back in right midfield. Azpi was also more prominent in the build-up than Cole and Mata himself was often drifting to the right.

In the Europa league, Mata was not playing that much. It was Hazard Oscar Moses than often played, against Basle, Hazard was destroying the shape of their team. Against Tottenham when he was substituted by Moses, in the last 15-20 minutes, we were not keeping the ball while Hazard before that would receive the ball in our 30 meters and by carrying the ball and keeping it, would push up our block and relieve pressure on the defense.

Hazard Oscar Ramires Torres by their movement were giving extra space to Mata.

Before Hazard and Oscar came, Mata was not that impressive, I remember watching some matches in the end of the year and while Mata would keep the ball and pass it, it was often sterile as he was incapable of beating his man, drive with the ball to draw defenders out of position (it's what create space).

Mata can be marked out of a game with a player, with Hazard you must do a double cover.

Looked at the super cup match against Bayern, Bayer was pressing high but when Hazard was beating his man and driving with the ball, it was very dangerous for Bayern.

Against Schalke it was the same.

Pardew said one thing that you must understand, By his ability to carry a ball, hold a ball, Hazard can give time to other players to time their run.

Funny how everyone was saying that we were shit when we won the UCL and the Europa League, but now most of the United fans are proud to have a "UCL and Europa League winner" transferred :)

I thought this transfer through and I think that, at the end of the day, the only bad thing that happened is that we gave him to Manchester United. Because selling Mata was, without any doubt, the right decision. He was unhappy because he was not playing, we were unhappy because he was not playing, there was a lot of pressure coming from the media regarding Mourinho's decisions, so there was nothing good about him staying on the bench at Chelsea.

I hope that the controversial bullshit will stop now, but I know that this is not going to happen, because they need and they want to talk crap about Mourinho and Chelsea. They will probably start speculating everytime Luiz doesn't get to start.

Mata deserves better anyway. He made the right choice. We won't bench him.

By the way, you just sold us your best player. Thanks. I'd try and care about your feelings on this, but after reading the thread and comments made about my club I don't seem to be able to give a damn.

is cleverly still as good as ramires???

Personally I think both are good players with different styles.For me Hazard is a player who can hold the ball and has extra ordinary ability meaning he can eliminate players at will by using his dribbling technique.

As for Mata he is more of a team player a player that looks for a pass rather than try to go pass players.

Both players can be efective but it depends on the system a manager is trying to implement.

For the past 2 years we have played a system more suited to Mata.But despite that Hazard hasn't been that bad let just he has been okay.

In terms of prefernce I'll prefer Hazard but Mata is also world class player..Hazard has greater ability to adapt to any system.. One perfect example of how inefective Mata was in the Champions League final.. As we also p he couldn't hold the ball in a presurised game, that because he realies on other peoples movement.

Mata is a very good player to have when u have a team that always on the offence like Barca. But as we all know we don't play like that. We sometimes go on the back foot to catch teams on the break that were Mata will be lacking because he is not the fastest player..

Selling him is the best decision for the all parties involved.. But I loved the guy as he is a true example of a professional!