Juan Mata

Severinb

One of the best posts on this thread , Logical ,, well reasoned and balanced without the extremes being shown in many posts . I AM SAD that Mata is leaving . I

just hope things work out well for us and for him ,,,but NOT for Manure

For how much I love Mata and wish it had worked out different, we simply have to trust Jose.

He built a team and identity for the club that lasted after he left and even had a significant influence through to our Champions League win. With that in mind I trust Jose to build another team capable of success over the next decade, and hopefully he himself will see that team all the way through.

What is for certain is that Jose has a much greater influence on transfer activity than previous managers. Chelsea wouldn't have entertained the thought of selling Mata before Jose, which highlights his influence and at least that will hopefully bring a consistency and long term view for the club.

So when healthy now, United will have the best front 4 in the league thanks to us.

-------------------RvP-------------------

Januzaj-------Rooney---------Mata

Is how I guess they'll line up.

*sigh*

Can't wait until we sign a striker this summer. United will probably surge and nab that 4th spot, I'd bet on it. They'll have some side next season, but so will we.

If they play that against teams like say Everton who get their fullbacks forward they would get tonked off the ball. Rafeal and a past its prime Evra isolated vs Piennar/Baines or Oviedo and Mirralas/ Coleman would be comedy gold.

Theres a reason Valencia plays a lot, especially in big games.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/10596427/Chelsea-manager-Jose-Mourinho-takes-swipe-at-Arsenal-counterpart-Arsene-Wenger-in-row-over-Juan-Mata.html

Mourinho first knew about United’s interest in Mata “on the morning of Tuesday. For me, then. For the club, before. When the offer came in, I asked him: ‘Are you really happy to go?’ He said ‘yes’.’’

For all Mata’s wonderful creativity, Mourinho prefers Oscar, who also offers superior work-rate, tackling and tracking back. Oscar was Mourinho’s playmaker in the No 10 role.

“It’s difficult for Juan to accept the situation. He’s a player with status. I would play him, for sure, against Stoke on Sunday. Is he happy with that? No. If I play André Schürrle against Stoke, he will be happy to have that possibility to play. Juan doesn’t want to play against Stoke in the Cup. Juan wants to play against United. He was not feeling good. He was behaving amazingly well, an example for others to follow, but no happiness.’’

It was not tied up in any way with Chelsea’s enduring interest in United’s Wayne Rooney. “I don’t think so. But I don’t speak about Rooney. He’s a Man United player. To say, ‘You cannot go now, Juan, because United refused to sell us Wayne Rooney in the summer’, that’s not the way for us to act. If they decided not to sell, their decision.’’

Yet the speed with which the deal has been pushed through, albeit via intermediaries, indicates good communications between the club.

The Mata decision was a collective one, taken by a group of people at Chelsea balancing footballing and financial decisions. “That group of persons had different philosophies but a common interest: what is best for Chelsea? If it’s a purely football decision, I prefer to keep Juan because he’s a player who can help us achieve important objectives, but others from the economic area said we should do it because the offer was fantastic.

If they play that against teams like say Everton who get their fullbacks forward they would get tonked off the ball. Rafeal and a past its prime Evra isolated vs Piennar/Baines or Oviedo and Mirralas/ Coleman would be comedy gold.

Theres a reason Valencia plays a lot, especially in big games.

Oh, they're certainly not going into next season with Evra as first choice. Just hope we beat them to Shaw.

Tancredi Palmeri @tancredipalmeri 16s

It's 8m € net the salary of Mata

thats a nice salary. manutd really desperate lol

140k p/w wages. Doubled of what he is earning here.

Maybe it's a tad too much but certainly a deserved increase in wages than what he's earning here.

Flash it's gonna be unbearable for a few days but we will get over it, just have to wait for it to all settle down and for us to keep on winning.

I know we should just think onwards and upwards. Lets focus on the players who want to stay and fight for our club and the shirt :)

What if he turns out to be a flop, though?

He won't flop, hes to good for that.

But he won't make Fellani and Cleverly a good pivot, he won't make Ferdinand, Vidic and Evra 26 again, he wont stop Giggs being a 40 year old who offers next to nothing these days and most crucially he won't turn Moyes from a plucky underdog to a serial winner.

Matas a top player but he can only do so much in an average side, he played like a man possessed in his 1st season and we finished 6th.

If we take the bones out of all this we are left with one common denominator and that is why the fook are we selling to Scum U? Cundy said last night on talksport that he had genuine info back in the summer that Jose didn't fancy Mata, so my question is why did we not sell him to PSG when they offered us 40m back then?

As for Juan, i can't believe there are members on here throwing shit at him already without knowing his side of the story, not only that it has become transparent that Jose didn't rate Juan so his lack of time on the pitch was fundamental in his decision to leave being its world cup year too, unfortunately you simply cannot argue with his reasoning to leave. There is no doubt he will get an ovation from the Chelsea faithful on his return.

I cannot get my head round this transfer and it represents a massive gamble by José, however he has an uncanny knack of proving me wrong although I think this one is on a knife edge. Great managers don't let sentimentality get in the way of their judgement so we can expect some more pain in the next year or so - Cech prob the most difficult decision.

Hazard now becomes absolutely pivotal for us IMHO, for me he has all the attributes to become the best player on the planet so i hope he fulfils his potential - this will at least help ease some of the pain of losing such a brilliant talent and a gentleman that is Mata.

His side of the story???

Which is...

He wanted to leave our great club for that sinking ship. He didnt want to fight for the shirt, work hard. He's now getting more money and becomes the most expensive utd player ever, yeah poor Juan I really feel for him

NOT....

If we take the bones out of all this we are left with one common denominator and that is why the fook are we selling to Scum U? Cundy said last night on talksport that he had genuine info back in the summer that Jose didn't fancy Mata, so my question is why did we not sell him to PSG when they offered us 40m back then?

As for Juan, i can't believe there are members on here throwing shit at him already without knowing his side of the story, not only that it has become transparent that Jose didn't rate Juan so his lack of time on the pitch was fundamental in his decision to leave being its world cup year too, unfortunately you simply cannot argue with his reasoning to leave. There is no doubt he will get an ovation from the Chelsea faithful on his return.

I cannot get my head round this transfer and it represents a massive gamble by José, however he has an uncanny knack of proving me wrong although I think this one is on a knife edge. Great managers don't let sentimentality get in the way of their judgement so we can expect some more pain in the next year or so - Cech prob the most difficult decision.

Hazard now becomes absolutely pivotal for us IMHO, for me he has all the attributes to become the best player on the planet so i hope he fulfils his potential - this will at least help ease some of the pain of losing such a brilliant talent and a gentleman that is Mata.

If this is true, there is no way Jose would have been able to sell Mata in the summer off the back of his performances last season and his player of the year. The fans wouldn't have been happy and whenever we lost the blame would be attached to Mata having been sold.

Jose needed to first shape the team into a system and style and phase out Mata's influence. Now it is proven we can win without him and he is struggling to get in the team, it no longer seems a stupid and irrational decision to sell him. I think Chelsea would have accepted lower from abroad but United matched what we were asking.