Juan Mata

Severinb

Except Jose made us Champions after a 50 year wait and he was the manager who first pushed this giant blue wheel that hasn't stopped moving since then. After his departure, the club went through serious trouble finding its place on top without him. Watching the club fail and its ex-manager shine elsewhere obviously had to make the fans frustrated.

With Mata, the Chelsea fans will accept his departure as soon as we find another player who can single handedly carry us to the title and as soon as the team starts playing well without him...

.....but wait, now that I think about it, despite his amazing quality, Mata never actually carried us through anything further than 3rd or 4th place and the team may not actually have a difficult time in finding a way to play well without him because... hum,.. it already is.

This.

C'mon mate. Let's be fair here for a minute. You might not be emotionally attached to Mata but most of us do because for the person he is and what he has given to the club in his 2 1/2 years. It's just like we all (or most) got emotionally attached to Mourinho after what he did for us. You can't expect us, being human, to just get over it and not express our emotion over something that happened to someone we like/love.

Go back to Spain or somewhere else. Least we don't have to see him in the hideous United shirt!

That would be ideal, but I was reffering to the people talking about how great United's squad is gonna be with Mata. No one can know if he will adapt there.

Except Jose made us Champions after a 50 year wait and he was the manager who first pushed this giant blue wheel that hasn't stopped moving since then. After his departure, the club went through serious trouble finding its place on top without him. Watching the club fail and its ex-manager shine elsewhere obviously had to make the fans frustrated.

With Mata, the Chelsea fans will accept his departure as soon as we find another player who can single handedly carry us to the title and as soon as the team starts playing well without him...

.....but wait, now that I think about it, despite his amazing quality, Mata never actually carried us through anything further than 3rd or 4th place and the team may not actually have a difficult time in finding a way to play well without him because... hum,.. it already is.

with Mata we won the C L ,,,please dont try to demean his contribution .. Incidentally we never won the PL with Zola ,,,,

The Chelsea Revolution didnt start with Jose but with Hoddle and Ranieri never got the credit he deserved ,

It's quite sad that he has to leave in such circumstances really. Shame we can't even give him (and Essien) a proper sending off at the Bridge.

[expecting somebody to come firing at me, telling 'get over it'!]

If only we could have delayed the transfer deals until after the FA cup match...

Both Essien and Mata deserve a sending off :cry:

I liked Juan too and I'm somewhat against his transfer to United as well. I just don't agree with the schizophrenic drama queens here running around naked screaming it's the apocalypse.

Maybe so but think that's probably because, collectively it feels that way once you read up all the posts.

What a disgusting way to end a player's time at the club that loved wearing this shirt. I'm at a loss for words, tbh.

True. None of the younger players seem to love the club like he does/did.

Will never be forgotten that's for sure.