Juan Mata

Severinb

Be so much more bearable if weren't United.To listen to/see their fans go on about it and if he scores and assists or whatever on SkySports gana be annoying.Sturridge all over again.Making a difference to the wrong team

Look on the bright side. Tactically speaking, Mata was never really the player they needed. People are quick to talk about a supposed moral boost that his signing will bring to the team. Well, first of all, the "hot and new" hype will wear out after a month. Secondly, a team that under preforms because it lacks quality and depth in several key positions, doesn't suddenly fix these issues with "a moral boost", otherwise clubs would be saving money by hiring psychologists and motivational speakers instead of quality athletes.

My point is, the impact of Mata's transfer to United is being highly overrated in my opinion. The "moral boost" came at a 37 million cost and will therefore be accompanied by massive pressure.

Can you guys imagine what will happen if United continues to under preform after the twats broke the bank and went mad celebrating the arrival of the messiah? Moyes' incompetence will go from being questionable to downright scandalous and embarrassing.

May the boost last long enough for them to punish our rivals though.

Mata made 30 assists in two seasons here. You are too optimistic if you think he won't contribute there when he plays with strikers like Rooney and Van Persie.

It does not matter anymore though. If they are willing to spend so much on one player they would eventually sign someone like Mata anyway.

As much as I love Mata and absolutely hate it that hes going to the scums, nonetheless all the best for him!

I dont see it working out under Jose, and probably playing for the scums is better. I just wish he wasn/t still in EPL, but I would had misse dhim

Mata made 30 assists in two seasons here. You are too optimistic if you think he won't contribute there when he plays with strikers like Rooney and Van Persie.

It does not matter anymore though. If they are willing to spend so much on one player they would eventually sign someone like Mata anyway.

If united play with 2 forwards along with Mata and Januzaj they would be vaunrable every single time their not on the ball.
Moyes has a task on his hands finding the right formation to accomodate Mata and get the best out off him.

Mata deserves better anyway. He made the right choice. We won't bench him.

By the way, you just sold us your best player. Thanks. I'd try and care about your feelings on this, but after reading the thread and comments made about my club I don't seem to be able to give a damn.

Mata deserves better anyway. He made the right choice. We won't bench him.

By the way, you just sold us your best player. Thanks. I'd try and care about your feelings on this, but after reading the thread and comments made about my club I don't seem to be able to give a damn.

Not the best player. Hazard is the best player.

If united play with 2 forwards along with Mata and Januzaj they would be vaunrable every single time their not on the ball.
Moyes has a task on his hands finding the right formation to accomodate Mata and get the best out off him.

He will have to adopt a narrow formation I guess. As you said, 4 players attacking like that won't work

Why? Hazard is/will go to a higher level than Mata did. Contribution wise. I know they can't be compared as they're different players

In terms of overall ability they can be compared - Mata currently has more; out-performing Hazard every season he's had equal opportunity in. He is more naturally gifted in my opinion too. I see where you are coming from to a point though. Hazard can get better, but so can Mata.

I hope you don't honestly believe that.

Why not? In the old system Mata was the best..and I repeat: the old system. Things haven't worked that well this season, although he should have had more minutes.

I'm not convinced he can completely turn things around for United, but I wish him all the best.

In terms of overall ability they can be compared - Mata currently has more; out-performing Hazard every season he's had equal opportunity in. He is more naturally gifted in my opinion too. I see where you are coming from to a point though. Hazard can get better, but so can Mata.

He's a good player but not entirely sure United needed a CAM like him. I thought Moyes was looking at a CM, someone like Thiago, Kroos, Fabregas. Mata has never played central midfield here, always one of the attacking midfield spots.

he outperformed Hazard for one season here but then again, it was Hazard's first one at Chelsea and in England

Only 1 season and it was hazard's first season, i dare to say that hazard was allready better than mata by the end of last season.

Are you being serious by saying that mata is more natural gifted than hazard? Sounds like a joke to me

Mata will definitely improve United's offensive play...but you guys have serious midfield problems.

Who's going to partner Carrick in midfield? Fellaini? Jones? the average Cleverley?

Why not? In the old system Mata was the best..and I repeat: the old system. Things haven't worked that well this season, although he should have had more minutes.

I'm not convinced he can completely turn things around for United, but I wish him all the best.

Really? There is more to it than a system change. Much more, in my opinion. You don't simply throw away a player of Mata's quality. You find a space for them. The last game I saw Mata play for Chelsea he was dragged off after doing nothing wrong for the entire game. It's all very strange.

He's also never going to change our fortunes single handed. We know that. It's a damn good start though.

He's a good player but not entirely sure United needed a CAM like him. I thought Moyes was looking at a CM, someone like Thiago, Kroos, Fabregas. Mata has never played central midfield here, always one of the attacking midfield spots.

he outperformed Hazard for one season here but then again, it was Hazard's first one at Chelsea and in England

It will be interesting to see how we line-up and play when all of our forwards are available.

I think you should just admit it though - Mata is/was your best player. I really find it hard to see how Hazard can be classed as better.

i dare to say that hazard was allready better than mata by the end of last season.

Hazard was our best player after coming back from the ball boy suspension - during which we won 0 games without him, highlighting his importance. Mata was fatigued and was barely scoring at the time. Eden was my choice for CFC POTY given how he also started the season, but Mata was too beast statistically to not win that.

Anyway, however much i liked watching Mata here, Mourinho's team is doing well without him and hopefully that continues.

And now no more crying about whether Mata is in the team or not (myself included), or cameras focusing on Mata when we score, which is good for everyone.