Juan Mata

Severinb

It's not Mourinho FC either, but some people like to act as if it is.

Difference is Mourinho is our manager, he makes these decisions. For better or for worse he has an idea of what he wants this club to be, Mata wasnt in that idea. All we can do is support the club and the manager.

It's not Mourinho FC either, but some people like to act as if it is.

The football club > Abramovich > Mourinho > any individual player. There is a hierarchy involved in the business that is modern football.

Pretty stupid transfer.I understand that he want to leave and that is stupid to keep him here and destroy his career...but Manchester United???We should buy some great players for that money and if not I think we can say bye for titles for this season.

there are now reports we are wanting to sign salah. selling mata and kdb to sign salah :clown: :clown: :clown:

ChelsTransferGossip@ChelsTransfer 3m

Chelsea have accepted a £37million bid for Juan Mata from Manchester United, Medical expected to take place tomorrow (Telegraph) #CFC #MUFC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFXXov4XWyQ

The fuckers are now 100% sure they're getting Mata.

How wonderful would it be if Chelsea led them on until the last minute and then sold to PSG?

Moyes would probably hang himself.

that red shirt on him is disgusting.

How the hell do you make a bid through a third party? Why not bid directly? What the.......!?!?!?

Maybe they think we wouldn't want to deal directly with a rival!

Not that I think this would be the case, but it is very common in places like Italy, Spain and Brazil when big rival clubs want to sign players for one another.

Basically to avoid fights and what not...

1. Juan was always going to leave because he never fit Jose's system. If it weren't now then in the summer. Hence we were always going to need to replace him in the summer.

2. This is our only chance to get anywhere near 40m for him because first united are panic buying and second his value will drop after the WC because he is not a starter for Spain.

3. We don't need the money, but getting 40m is excellent for the club and will change Jose's policy in the market in the summer because he will have 40m more to spend.

4. Juan leaving does not really weaken us because he has been a squad player this season. Yes, it damages our squad depth, but for 40m, I'm pretty sure that the club and Jose would be thinking that it's worth it.

5.Because there are a lot of players leaving in the summer and because we will need to replace them, then it makes perfect sense to sell Juan to the highest bidder. We need to reduce this season's deficit in the balance significantly and show a "positive trend" in order to be applicable for the Annex XI which is crucial for us complying with the FFP rules.

6. Business wise thus is the perfect signing: A lot of money while not weakening our squad.

We can complicate it all you want but what probably happened is that united came in with huge bid for Juan and of course the board had to consider it because you can't ignore a 40m bid for a squad player. Juan knows that he doesn't fit Jose's system and wants to play more so he asked the club to be allowed to leave. The club realizes that it is a great piece of business and has the respect accept Juan's wish.

1. Summer would have been excellent time for changes like this, not end of January.

2. I'd rather take financial loss than sell to a direct rival. Don't get blinded by this 40 million figure, in todays market you'll be lucky to get a good player for that sum, especially if you're Chelsea, people know the club has money.

3. Same explanation as second point. Since when did we become selling club and bend down to get those extra 5-10 million? Embarrasing.

4. We'll see that when either Hazard, Oscar or Willian get injured or hit bad form patch. Squad depth is what counts, especially for English clubs with constant two fixtures a week games, prime example is City who have world class stars on bench, don't see them selling for profit, all I see them is being absolute favourites for the title. Look how thin squads suffer when they're in Europe - Newcastle and Swansea for example. Last year Newcastle suffered massively in the league because with their squad they also had to play in the Europa League, what did they do? Panic buy 5 or so players to survive. Look at Swansea this year, shadow of themselves compared to last season in the league. Depth is everything, this isn't FIFA14 where you push "Rematch" and everyones rested and healthy.

5. FFP is just an excuse to be more creative with bookkeeping. There was even an article about FFP's loopholes, Chelsea is and always will be comfortable with meeting those standards. Selling players is candy money for Chelsea compared to sponsorship deals, merchandise selling, world wide promotion and so on. These extra 10 or so million we get now compared to if we sold Mata in the summer won't make us any more competetive in the summer transfer market. Let's stop being naive.

6. Woah, perfect deal you say? Last time I checked you can't field 40 million quid and points aren't given based on how good of a mathematician our board is, but how well balanced and adaptive our squad is. Anything can happen. We might not get any injuries but then again we might lose 3-4 players at the same time, then I'd like to see your face. "Not weakening our squad" wow

1. Juan was always going to leave because he never fit Jose's system. If it weren't now then in the summer. Hence we were always going to need to replace him in the summer.

2. This is our only chance to get anywhere near 40m for him because first united are panic buying and second his value will drop after the WC because he is not a starter for Spain.

3. We don't need the money, but getting 40m is excellent for the club and will change Jose's policy in the market in the summer because he will have 40m more to spend.

4. Juan leaving does not really weaken us because he has been a squad player this season. Yes, it damages our squad depth, but for 40m, I'm pretty sure that the club and Jose would be thinking that it's worth it.

5.Because there are a lot of players leaving in the summer and because we will need to replace them, then it makes perfect sense to sell Juan to the highest bidder. We need to reduce this season's deficit in the balance significantly and show a "positive trend" in order to be applicable for the Annex XI which is crucial for us complying with the FFP rules.

6. Business wise thus is the perfect signing: A lot of money while not weakening our squad.

We can complicate it all you want but what probably happened is that united came in with huge bid for Juan and of course the board had to consider it because you can't ignore a 40m bid for a squad player. Juan knows that he doesn't fit Jose's system and wants to play more so he asked the club to be allowed to leave. The club realizes that it is a great piece of business and has the respect accept Juan's wish.

Frankly it irritates me how you take the liberty to dismiss Mata and call him a squad player on every opportunity like it would soften the blow. We sold KdB who played for roughly 400 minutes for us this season, Mata has played 1100 (more than 12 full 90' games). I think he has an important role to play for us in 2013/14. Oscar can't play every game and he is the only real 100% sub for him. Moreover, if this is about game time, I'm sure the club can respect Juan's wishes in another manner - by a loan deal to France,Italy,Spain with an option to buy. Problem solved. Now selling to a direct rival, who are in contention for UCL, different cups and CL spots for 2014/15 season does not make sense. Indirectly he would affect ManUtd's progress in current season's CL and cup games by rotation. If you add up sum for progression in cups, qualifying and making it past group stages in next year's CL then ManU have broken even by paying over the market price and we are left with long faces. And whats this talk about not weakening our squad? We are losing DEPTH. I call it a major factor in hindering our quality of play.