Juan Mata

Severinb

I dont think selling Mata for 40m pounds (or whatever) is a bad deal, even if it is Manchester Utd we are talking about. I just think the timing of it is horrible...

1. We already sold KDB and we now 'only' have 5 AMs for 3 starting positions. Selling Mata will leave us with only one direct substitute. We would basically go from "over-depth" to "under-depth". We have to remember CFC is still fighting in three very difficult fronts - EPL, UCL and FA Cup.

2. Manure desperately need a guy like Mata and that may very well be the difference between Moyes failing and a top 4 spot! Despite being a rival, why should we sell him to them if they didnt accept our Rooney bid? Can you imagine how much better we would be with Rooney instead of Torres/Eto'o?

If I were Chelsea I would either wait until the summer or offer a trade deal for Rooney (if we still want him and if he really wants to quit United like the media rumors suggest).

I don't care about the hierarchy. I care about people acting as if Mourinho is infallible and that selling our player of the season for the past two years to one of our biggest rivals is some sort of genius masterstroke by him - when in actual fact no one has a fucking clue how this is all going to pan out.

Selling a player who doesnt want to stay at the club for a decent amount to strengthen the team is good enough for me.

I don't care about the hierarchy. I care about people acting as if Mourinho is infallible and that selling our player of the season for the past two years to one of our biggest rivals is some sort of genius masterstroke by him - when in actual fact no one has a fucking clue how this is all going to pan out.

The whole point is - Mata asked to leave. José didn’t force him to join Man United, did he?

A Chelsea player asked to leave the club and join another (our rivals). It was his personal choice.

The whole point is - Mata asked to leave. José didn’t force him to join Man United, did he?

A Chelsea player asked to leave the club and join another (our rivals). It was his personal choice.

yes, he asked, because Mourinho does not fancy him in his plans. it aint like he has no reason for it or Mou isnt the reason lol. but you can always turn it aroudn how you want, eh?

Well goodbye mata. thanks for all the great memories and joy you brought to the lives of some of us.

A true artist and a total gentlemen as well. Not many players can be called an artistic genius in football but he belongs in that elite category. wishing him good luck.

Has he handed in a transfer request?

yes, he asked, because Mourinho does not fancy him in his plans. it aint like he has no reason for it or Mou isnt the reason lol. but you can always turn it aroudn how you want, eh?

Benitez didn’t fancy Terry and AVB didn’t fancy Lampard. They’re still our players.

Benitez didn’t fancy Terry and AVB didn’t fancy Lampard. They’re still our players.

benitez was an interim manager. avb didnt even last until the transfer window opened and he got fired BECAUSE OF Lampard and Terry for a big part. obvious bullshit talking by a mourinho fanboy

At first i was raving mad about this alleged transfer

I've since sipped some b-milk and calmed down

I cant really blame him for wanting to move on. I can only thank him for what he's helped us accomplish the past few seasons.

He can help Utd scrape points off City, Arsenal and Co

Also, We will use the 40M and get trigger Diego Costas 32M release clause, with change to spare

PS - Im an eternal optimist though, so take my words with a pinch and half of salt :)

Mata isn't a Mourinho-style player. Get over it. Players come and go.

Mourinho put faith in Ozil over Kaka.

He put faith in Lopez over Casillas.

Now he's putting faith in Oscar over Mata.

I'm gonna stand in his corner.

Kaka was shit. thats why he opted for Özil. And Özil already played for Pellegrini. Lopez only played because Casillas was injured for a time. Really not comparable at ALL to Mata/Oscar situation.