Juan Mata

Severinb

I wouldn't really agree with that to be honest. I personally think that Silva & Fabregas are a bit more adaptable in their play than Mata is, especially in the Spanish squad. Not that I'm doubting Mata's ability though.. Any other squad he'd walk into. But Spain have player who are more adaptable to their system in that position than Mata is. Who are we to argue with a coach who's won back-to-back European Championships & a World Cup.

1st, I totally disagree Carzola and Silva are more adaptable in Spanish style of play, I will give you Fabregas (who is in bad form). 2nd, VDB has not won 2008 Euro. 3rd, even though he won 2010WC and 212Euro, he is widely contested in Spanish media (they feel Spain should be more agressive and play better).

We are nobody to argue with the coach, but everybody does it anyways. Dont we constest RDM, Mano Menezes, Fabio Capello, etc?

I'm happy Mata is not going. Don't care about Spain and it's better for Chelsea. As for deserving to go? Depends on what Del Bosque wants. I can understand picking Silva who is out of form but who has worked well in the Spanish national team for years and Cazorla who is having a fantastic season and is more well-rounded player than Mata. ( works hard defensively) What Mata provides is fantastic creativity and movement, some scoring, great passing, very good at free kicks, etc...For Chelsea, that's absolutely crucial but when you have Xavi, Iniesta, Fabergas, etc...it's much less important. Spain right now probably has the greatest collection of midfielders in history so there's no shame in not making that club. If Mata keeps playing like he has the past few games however, he'll play his way on to the team.

1st, I totally disagree Carzola and Silva are more adaptable in Spanish style of play, I will give you Fabregas (who is in bad form). 2nd, VDB has not won 2008 Euro. 3rd, even though he won 2010WC and 212Euro, he is widely contested in Spanish media (they feel Spain should be more agressive and play better).

We are nobody to argue with the coach, but everybody does it anyways. Dont we constest RDM, Mano Menezes, Fabio Capello, etc?

I wouldn't say Carzola either. But Silva is a definite for me. I've seen him play for Spain and I think he's quite adaptable at playing in that squad because he gives you a bit more adaptation than Mata. Like TorontoChelsea pointed out, the role Mata plays is the role you've got Xavi, Iniesta & Fabregas for. So it nullifies the need for Mata's type of player.

True about the coach, but I feel this is a situation where wearing our blue-tinted shades are more blinding than ever?

I wouldn't say Carzola either. But Silva is a definite for me. I've seen him play for Spain and I think he's quite adaptable at playing in that squad because he gives you a bit more adaptation than Mata. Like TorontoChelsea pointed out, the role Mata plays is the role you've got Xavi, Iniesta & Fabregas for. So it nullifies the need for Mata's type of player.

True about the coach, but I feel this is a situation where wearing our blue-tinted shades are more blinding than ever?

Well, you are both right, but if I were Mata I would be upset. I mean, he is in competition for Fabregas and Silva spot (not Cazorla, since he gives more of a CF mixed with CAM role) and he is playing better than both of them. They are better players IMO, but he has the better momentum.

Dont get me wrong, as I pointed out I want him to stay at Cobham resting. However, you do feel sorry for the guy!

And that was after he had a 2 weeks off. Now, he has another two weeks break. If he doesn't score 8 goals, get 12 assists in the next 5 games, I would be very disappointed.

Given the fact we are playing Spuds and twice ManUre, I can live with him scoring winners in these games :D

We won 6 of our 7 league games this season when Mata started and failed to win the other when he wasn't even in the team. Coincidence?

There is a reason why Señor Mata is AKA El Maestro

mata_shines.jpg

just curious if people are still mad at me for comparing Mata to Zola? Dude is very Zola-esque

I just can't find the words to describe his class. It's indescribable.

And that flick to Ivanovic for his goal...just brilliant.

Good to have him stay at the club for the internationals and get a small brake once again.

My god Spain are scary. Mata would literally walk into any other side on Earth. In fact he'd be the first name on the teamsheet, yet is only a bit part player for Spain at the moment (Should change soon). I think Mata is sooooo close to being World Class. I won't call him that just yet because my standards of a World Class player is higher than the norm.