Juan Mata

Severinb

I think Mata and Hazard are our best attacking players at the moment. Mata hasn't found his best form yet (due to short holiday, Olympics and EURO2012), but he's improving all the time. Oscar can easily be as good as Eden and Juan, but in my opinion, he can't be compared to them just yet. After Oscar has fully adopted to the new culture and Premier League, he will be a huge player for us.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/2927572/title/mata-patience-pays

Juan Mata looked every inch the refreshed player as Stoke were overcome late on at Stamford Bridge of Saturday.

The Spanish international played more Chelsea games than any outfield player last season, and followed that up by being involved in Spain's Euro 2012 win and then taking to the pitch for their Olympic side.

His was a well-earned rest when he was excused participation in this month's set of international fixtures and was instead given time away from football completely after our Super Cup game in Monaco.

Mata returned to the starting line-up this weekend and with a draining encounter against the side from the Potteries seemingly destined for a goalless outcome, it was a moment of quick-thinking from the 24-year-old with six minutes left on the clock that opened the way for Ashley Cole to score the winner.

'It was an instinctive thing, I guessed someone was in the box waiting for the ball but I only realised it was Ashley after we scored,' admitted Mata who had flicked Branislav Ivanovic's cross behind him and towards the six-yard box.

'For a full-back it is very important to go forward as well and Ashley is one of the best full-backs in the world and he showed it on Saturday.

'Always playing against Stoke is tough because they defend very well with a lot of players. They don't give us spaces to create some chances to score. But we knew that before the game.

'At half-time the manager said to us to be patient, to keep playing like we were playing and the chances will come. Always we believed we were going to score in 90 minutes.

Against these type of teams we have to be patient, play with our heads and use our quality in passing the ball.

'It was a very important three points because of the other games this weekend between our rivals.'

Saturday's match was the first time Mata, Oscar and Eden Hazard were asked to play together as the midfield line behind Fernando Torres, Oscar having retained his place following his sparking showing against Juventus and Mata reconsidered for a start following his short holiday.

'I feel very well now, I had a break for the last two weeks and now I am ready to play,' said Mata.

'Hazard is a special player, he can change games with his quality and I like to play with Oscar because he likes to pass and move and always gives you a chance to pass the ball.

'I enjoy playing with them both and all the players who came this summer are top players. For sure they will help us and we can play in a different way to last year.'

Silva is better than Mata. Oscar is not addapted to PL yet, but he is better than Mata.

Mata is a very good player, tough.

Oscar is not better than Mata. You're Brazillian so you can't see that. Silva is not better than Mata. Silva had a great half season and then has been merely decent ever since. He has become very overrated due to those great 4-5 months.

Edit: about Mata vs. Hazard vs. Oscar, I wouldn't risk pointing the best one at the moment. But if I had to guess, I'd say Mata or Oscar, Hazard is a very good player, but I don't believe he's gonna be as important as those two to the team.

Underestimate hazard at your own peril sir!

Silva is better than Mata, and Oscar is also better.

Oscar is not better than Mata. Your Brazillian so you can't see that. Silva is not better than Mata. Silva had a great half season and then has been merely decent ever since. He has become very overrated due to those great 4-5 months.

Very soon there wont be any doubt about who is the better player.

Very soon there wont be any doubt about who is the better player.

You must really underestimate what Mata done for the club last season. As much as Oscar has impressed me, I don't think he will match the stats shown of Mata's last seasons in goals and assists.

I think Mata is our best player. Hasn't been on top form this season but imo he is our best player. Not to say that there aren't others in the conversation or may even end up better than him by the end of the season. But atm imo it's Mata. Hazard and Oscar can both go ahead of him by the end of the season but 2-3 games isn't enough to displace Mata.

From Mata's twitter:

Great match at the Bridge!! Also happy for my friends Oriol, César and Fernando! Our first game together! CFC

A3q0MCKCUAIsAJNjpg-large.jpg

On Mata himself though, he was fantastic yesterday. Good to see him truly up a running, great timing too just before the Arsenal game.