Juan Mata

Severinb

His link up play with Eden was almost something akin to what Barcelona play like. Exciting :D I think the rest will be so helpful and even in this game he looked sharper. Also the decision to pick Oscar over him will ignite a little fire in Juan's belly as he has good competition now.

His link up play with Eden was almost something akin to what Barcelona play like. Exciting :D I think the rest will be so helpful and even in this game he looked sharper. Also the decision to pick Oscar over him will ignite a little fire in Juan's belly as he has good competition now.

The hilarious thing yesterday was people slated RDM for choosing Oscar over Mata before the game and then they all went missing at HT and after that...

He only had to square it anyway, it was an easy pass to make. Torres was so free and open, the game would've been killed off (Obviously depending if he had actually put it in the net).

It was difficult to see though. Mata had his back to Torres who has a distance away. Mata would have had to have stopped and looked which would have been a mistake as he had an excellent opportunity to score himself. Watching it live, I didn't even see Torres, it wasn't until the replay that I saw him coming into the picture.

I disagree there. David Silva is an horrific finisher of the ball.

As is Iniesta. Mata is the strongest finisher out of the four people listed. I don't understand where this idea that Mata is a poor finisher comes from, he has been more prolific in front of goal than all three others.

Stats from wiki so I don't know how accurate they are, and I know that stats aren't everything but...

Mata - 248 appearances for Valencia, Chelsea and Spain scoring 64 times. 0.258 Goals per match.

Oscar - 95 appearances for Sao Paulo, Inter and Brasil scoring 23 times. 0.242 Goals per match

David Silva - 398 appeareances for Eibar, Celta, Valencia, ManCity and Spain scoring 69 times. 0.173 Goals per match.

Iniesta - 487 appearances for Barcelona and Spain scoring 51 times. 0.104 Goals per match.

It may sound like knee-jerk but I would say it anyway, the difference between Mata compared to SIlva,Iniesta and future Oscar is that the later three would've burried that chance with ease.

Silva and Iniesta are terrible finishers. And please don't post any videos of them finishing because a few cases don't constitute the rule.

I'd say between the four, Mata is definitely the best finisher. And for the record, his chance last night was much much harder than it looks, he got the technique perfect but was a bit unlucky.

He was excellent today as was Oscar, brilliant by both. This was the real Mata, great touches and a lovely flick for the goal.

Think the rest may have benefited him very well. And that was his 1st assist of the season. He's up and running.