Michael Essien

LDN Blue

West Ham?!?!Really lol!!!

Fab player,just shame about the injuries.Wish him all the best.Some stunning goals scored over the years

People are crying about Mata and are forgetting that we lost one of the best Midfielders we ever had. Goodbye Bison you will never be forgotten(atleast i wont forget you). You were a great club servant and never complained. I wish you all the best. :wub:

Michael Essien, what a superstar you have been for us. Another player that will never be forgotten by the club! When we needed you the most you played in what ever position the manager would put you in and for that we can only thank you. It's a shame injuries put a stop on the progress of your career but with that put aside you were still one of the best Mid fielders the club has ever had!

No one will ever forget these beautiful goals either!

Unfortunately his exit has been almost an afterthought in light of the last couple of days involving Mata's departure.

A superb player, great servant for the club and true warrior coming back from the injuries he suffered...not to mention the goals he scored against Arsenal and Barcelona! Unfortunately the second knee injury killed his career and when he should have been in his prime at around 28 years old, it was as good as over for him.

One of the biggest 'what if's?' for this football club is how good would Essien have been without the injuries.

I hope he has a swansong in Italy where the tempo is slower and helps Milan re-establish themselves as a domestic force.

Thanks Bison.

I have his celebration against Barca as my FB cover. What a goal that was. Luckily for Valdez the goal didn't break and land on top of him.

Friendly man who was loved by his team mates. Always cheerful and having fun with the rest. It's players like this that make the whole concept of football being a team game so much more beautiful.