Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

15 minutes ago, petre.ispirescu said:

If they are willing to spend 70m on another centre forward at the expense of at least one top defender (yes, that kind of money buys you a hell of a defender), then something must be happening behind closed doors. They (the board) are either complete idiots, Conte is mad in his head thinking he can improve that backline, or simply they are afraid of Terry, Cahill and Ivanovic's power in the locker room, thinking the atmosphere would go ballistic if those are benched.

What are you talking about? You don't buy a defender for 70M! And no there isn't one defender worth that number.

55 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

The point i'm making is the funds allotted for a striker are not to be used in comparison for a defender.

I feel you but my fear is that after spending 70m on a player, the club might not be that reluctant to spend another 30-40m on another player. This is why I think that defence must be adressed first, then I don't care, they can throw bids for every striker and their dog left and right as far as I'm concerned.

4 minutes ago, petre.ispirescu said:

I feel you but my fear is that after spending 70m on a player, the club might not be that reluctant to spend another 30-40m on another player. This is why I think that defence must be adressed first, then I don't care, they can throw bids for every striker and their dog left and right as far as I'm concerned.

Again we have no idea what the club have in the coffers. 

Also, perhaps spending 110m may mean offloading a few players? There's just no way to tell.

1 minute ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Again we have no idea what the club have in the coffers. 

Also, perhaps spending 110m may mean offloading a few players? There's just no way to tell.

We haven't spent much now if you subtract money from sales. Wheres all this extra money from TV that has put all the clubs on a equal footing? If its all going towards trhe stadium fund we might be in the Championship by then still using our defence and Mikel.

18 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

We haven't spent much now if you subtract money from sales. Wheres all this extra money from TV that has put all the clubs on a equal footing? If its all going towards trhe stadium fund we might be in the Championship by then still using our defence and Mikel.

We also didn't spend a cent last summer.

9 hours ago, xPetrCechx said:

The cut in Romelu Lukaku's heel hasn't healed completely. It got stitched up after Espanyol. Only reason why he didn't play today. #EFC

Yeah OK mate.

Come and join us Lukaku! I'll welcome you bruv with open arms!

^ please don't LOL. I keep hoping we're going to decide on an alternative, but it seem less and less unlikely. Namely because, there's no world class strikers available right now. Lukaku, on paper, is almost the perfect striker for any club. Over 50 Prem League goals by 23 is no small feat (only 5 players to have done so). But he doesn't bring enough imo. 

If Conte has a master plan, I'm all for it. But he won't be around long enough to see that, so I really wonder how much Lukaku can really progress at Chelsea before he starts to regress.