Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

21 minutes ago, RuudiGullit said:

I hope it is Lukaku. I mean who else? Lukaku is a proven Premier League goalscorer. Why the F should we settle for a Mauro Icardi or a Lacazette. 

Mauro Icardi, should you get past the fact he's a cunt and his whore of a wife who's also his agent is an even bigger cunt, is a better player than Lukaku. Don't particularly want him either but if it's down to Icardi or Lukaku I'd choose the former anytime.

It all very much depends on what Koeman's plan is - He's now got four central defenders in the squad (Funes Mori, Jagielka, Ashley Williams and Lamine Kone), all four wanting nothing but a starting place. In this case Koeman could go for the 3-5-2 he's used before at Southampton. If this happens, I can't find any reason why would they let Lukaku go. Plus, they would have a pretty good lucking strike force with Lukaku and Bony. 

But if Koeman sticks to the 4-2-3-1, then I don't know, Lukaku might be on the move as I can't see Bony giving away his £5m per year salary at City to come to Everton as a bench warmer, on lower wages, too. 

10 minutes ago, petre.ispirescu said:

It all very much depends on what Koeman's plan is - He's now got four central defenders in the squad (Funes Mori, Jagielka, Ashley Williams and Lamine Kone), all four wanting nothing but a starting place. In this case Koeman could go for the 3-5-2 he's used before at Southampton. If this happens, I can't find any reason why would they let Lukaku go. Plus, they would have a pretty good lucking strike force with Lukaku and Bony. 

But if Koeman sticks to the 4-2-3-1, then I don't know, Lukaku might be on the move as I can't see Bony giving away his £5m per year salary at City to come to Everton as a bench warmer, on lower wages, too. 

Koeman sticks to a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-1-2-3 with one striker. I know this guy my whole life since he went from footballer to manager and he always played with one up front. Don't know him personal but it would surprise me if he goes 2 up front. 
But Evertonians are saying that Bony is a Kone or Niasse replacement. We don't know.

Cant see the hate towards re-signing Lukaku. In terms of out and out striker there is not many better than him (Aguero, Suarez, Lewandowski and Aubameyang are level above). We'll be getting a player who 1) Wants to be and succeed at our club 2) Proven record in the PL for goals 3) Still got age on his side.

Its not as if it effects the fans how much the fee is so don't see the problem with the price. In a day where Everton playing £30m for Bolasie  - a player who cant properly kick a ball, its clear money isn't a issue.

I do hope we get a Defender or 2 as well though   

"The club's doing everything to keep all the players we want to keep in the team."

"I like to keep all my best players but I know football. I know business. Let's wait. We have 3 more busy weeks."

RK on Lukaku: "He's still an #efc player. But finally the board makes those kind of decisions."

Sounds like he is out of the Spurs game at the weekend due to a 'cut on his foot' :ph34r:

40M+ for Stones, they are getting Kone for 18M and Bolasie for 28-30M apparently. If we are chasing Lukaku the money from that deal helps them to get Mata because apparently that's Koeman's next big target according to their forums.

If they are willing to spend 70m on another centre forward at the expense of at least one top defender (yes, that kind of money buys you a hell of a defender), then something must be happening behind closed doors. They (the board) are either complete idiots, Conte is mad in his head thinking he can improve that backline, or simply they are afraid of Terry, Cahill and Ivanovic's power in the locker room, thinking the atmosphere would go ballistic if those are benched.

Imagine the atmosphere going ballistic once Cahill is benched though. What would he do? Walk backwards to the gates of hell threatening to take Emenalo with him?
I would like to opt for the first choice; the board is full of complete idiots.

Edit - I know I give Cahill a lot of sticks for his style of defending, but I do think he's a nice lad with his head on his shoulders.

I don't give a fuck about the money or any previous dealings we've had with Lukaku or Everton for that matter. My no.1 concern is to make sure we get Conte's targets! We don't know how he wants to play and more importantly this is a season where we can't fuck up! Get him what he needs and see if he can turn water to wine.