Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

I think we can all agree that he won't be first choice here next season. Hence, if we get a 30-35m bid for him, then I can see the reasoning behind selling him. Of course it would be a shame to lose a young player with such great potential, but as great as potential is, sometimes you just need a top player in his prime. And the reported value can fund the signing of one.

Romelu was always have flaws, but he's got something that you can teach and it can't be learned which is the innate ability to score goals. Think of all the games when Chelsea brought on a striker in the last 30 minutes and go zero production. Lukaku would have helped immensely but at the cost of his own development. The bigger problem is why the board only added Eto'o and kept Torres and thought BA was sufficent. Frankly only Eto was sufficent and in a home only role. There should be a top striker, 2nd striker who can provide coverage and spot starts, and third one should be a young player who cna inject youthful exuberence and learn to itnergrate into the system. Neither Ba, torres, or Eto'o fit those qualities.

Next year I'd like to see a bonified #1 (Actually wanted Benteke but with the Achiies no so much) Lukaku, Eto'o/Piazon

Romelu was always have flaws, but he's got something that you can teach and it can't be learned which is the innate ability to score goals. Think of all the games when Chelsea brought on a striker in the last 30 minutes and go zero production. Lukaku would have helped immensely but at the cost of his own development. The bigger problem is why the board only added Eto'o and kept Torres and thought BA was sufficent. Frankly only Eto was sufficent and in a home only role. There should be a top striker, 2nd striker who can provide coverage and spot starts, and third one should be a young player who cna inject youthful exuberence and learn to itnergrate into the system. Neither Ba, torres, or Eto'o fit those qualities.

Next year I'd like to see a bonified #1 (Actually wanted Benteke but with the Achiies no so much) Lukaku, Eto'o/Piazon

Personally I'd be hoping for Lukaku to become the second choice striker. Usually as a supersub, when things are going bad. Occasional starter to rest the first choice or when we expect to not have too much possesion and might want to score on a counterattack. (City away for example) Also Lukaku works pretty well in a 2 striker system, Mourinho often puts on two strikers when we go behind, however it hasn't been working much lately. With Lukaku I could see that change.

Piazon however I'd loan out some more for his and our sake. While he starter of pretty well at Vitesse, he's now still in the process of learning to deal with being marked much more (often being doubled up). So he is still learning a lot there and doesn't seem to be yet at a level he could really help us.

All you pseudo experts can keep whining about his so called lack of effort or will to fight for a place, the only reason Mourinho doesn't seem to rate him is the fact he doesn't want to admit his mistake of letting him go on loan, especially because our strikers are borderline retarded in front of goal.

Lukaku instead of Torres would have gained us at least some points, perhaps enough to grab the title.

I agree with you. I feel keeping Lukaku would save so much money in the summer as well.

I'd rather keep a Premier League-proven striker and spend no money, than to waste millions of pounds on a striker from a different league, and gamble on whether he will settle in quickly or not. It completely disrupts the type of game that we want to play every time we change the system up!!

People seem to forget we paid £18 million for Lukaku.. for him to do what? Sit on a bench? Go out on loan? Nah we paid that much for him to be the Drogba replacement. I guess that hasn't worked out then.. all because we want to see a £50m player up front who, I don't think fits at all well in our setup!

I agree with you. I feel keeping Lukaku would save so much money in the summer as well.

I'd rather keep a Premier League-proven striker and spend no money, than to waste millions of pounds on a striker from a different league, and gamble on whether he will settle in quickly or not. It completely disrupts the type of game that we want to play every time we change the system up!!

People seem to forget we paid £18 million for Lukaku.. for him to do what? Sit on a bench? Go out on loan? Nah we paid that much for him to be the Drogba replacement. I guess that hasn't worked out then.. all because we want to see a £50m player up front who, I don't think fits at all well in our setup!

To be fair I do believe we need a WC striker and I don't think he's ready to be our first striker yet, which ofcourse is completely normal being so young.

I'm not even sure he'll ever be good enough to completely be relied on as our primary striker. But right now he is 20 years old and has scored in abundance for mediocre teams in the PL.

I can't get my head around how people want to sell such a talented youngster, especially after having witnessed a season of fail from our 'strikers'.