Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Its a no brainer for Lukaku watching Torres from the bench or being automatic starter for Everton.

It's Jose's job to keep 20 year olds in check. A 20 year old can ask for a loan but our manager should have realized it was against our best interest.

The fact of the matter is that Lukaku would have been massively better than Ba and Torres; and would have no doubt became first choice for away matches.

Jose made a mess of the striker situation, he went for a fat scouse cunt all summer instead of looking for other targets; we loaned out our best striker to keep Torres happy. Right now he needs to learn with the decisions he made - all this crap about strikers was something I said at the start of the season. I said we would end up not winning only due to the striker situation and loaning Lukaku was daft because we had no one better. Anyone could have told Jose that Torres is shite and that Ba isn't much better.

we loaned out our best striker to keep Torres happy.

Really? We signed Eto'o and then refused to deal Ba to Arsenal but this is somehow Torres's fault?? :D

he went for a fat scouse cunt all summer

The one who has scored 15 goals and had 10 assists?

Its a no brainer for Lukaku watching Torres from the bench or being automatic starter for Everton.

Is it? So why didn't Azpilicueta put in a transfer request when he saw Ivanovic ahead of him?

What an idiot he must be to have just knuckled down in training and then done everything in his power to impress the manager when he got a chance.

I mean, WHAT A FUCKING IDIOT when he could've just put in a transfer request, gone to Brentford and played every single week as a guaranteed starter.

The fact of the matter is that Lukaku would have been massively better than Ba and Torres; and would have no doubt became first choice for away matches.

A fact that neither Lukaku nor Lukaku's agent seemed capable of working out.

I get the frustration, but if you walk into Jose's office and put in a transfer request then it might come back to bite you on the arse. One of the things you learn when growing up is that actions have consequences. I've defended him this season and I wish he had stayed but Jose is the lord god almighty at this club and he needs to set an example for what is required from the players.

The point being missed is the fact we will be buying a top quality forward this summer, Romelu will not be number 1, we won't pay huge amounts for a forward and then bench him to be behind Romelu.

If the guy doesn't want to be here or willing to work for 1st spot (since we will buy another striker) then we don't need such a guy.

He can go like Mata and KDB, people not willing to fight for their spot.

Really? We signed Eto'o and then refused to deal Ba to Arsenal but this is somehow Torres's fault?? :D

The one who has scored 15 goals and had 10 assists?

Is it? So why didn't Azpilicueta put in a transfer request when he saw Ivanovic ahead of him?

What an idiot he must be to have just knuckled down in training and then done everything in his power to impress the manager when he got a chance.

I mean, WHAT A FUCKING IDIOT when he could've just put in a transfer request, gone to Brentford and played every single week as a guaranteed starter.

A fact that neither Lukaku nor Lukaku's agent seemed capable of working out.

I get the frustration, but if you walk into Jose's office and put in a transfer request then it might come back to bite you on the arse. One of the things you learn when growing up is that actions have consequences. I've defended him this season and I wish he had stayed but Jose is the lord god almighty at this club and he needs to set an example for what is required from the players.

1) Torres was ahead of Lukaku in the pecking order.

2) Doesn't change the fact he is a fat scouse cunt who used our interest to leverage a better deal for himself like he did a few years ago when City were sniffing around. Also Looney the cunt also threw his toys out when RvP was chosen ahead of him the previous season - speaks volumes about his character doesn't it.

3) Yeah cause Cesar's situation is the same as Lukaku - oh wait it isn't; Cesar played plenty of matches last season at Chelsea - Lukaku was loaned and we chose to have Torres ahead of him. Brendford and Everton are comparable since Brendford has a chance to qualify for the CL thanks to Lukaku's contribution.

4) Like I've said if Jose takes it personal that a 20 year old who has had like 3 starts in 3 years at the club needs reinsurance about playing time it's his own problem. Lukaku is doing the best he could do for his career. It's our manager's job to keep his ego in check and get him to stay around - Lukaku can have a strop but he also has a contract with the club.

1) Torres was ahead of Lukaku in the pecking order.

2) Doesn't change the fact he is a fat scouse cunt who used our interest to leverage a better deal for himself like he did a few years ago when City were sniffing around. Also Looney the cunt also threw his toys out when RvP was chosen ahead of him the previous season - speaks volumes about his character doesn't it.

3) Yeah cause Cesar's situation is the same as Lukaku - oh wait it isn't; Cesar played plenty of matches last season at Chelsea - Lukaku was loaned and we chose to have Torres ahead of him. Brendford and Everton are comparable since Brendford has a chance to qualify for the CL thanks to Lukaku's contribution.

4) Like I've said if Jose takes it personal that a 20 year old who has had like 3 starts in 3 years at the club needs reinsurance about playing time it's his own problem. Lukaku is doing the best he could do for his career. It's our manager's job to keep his ego in check and get him to stay around - Lukaku can have a strop but he also has a contract with the club.

1. So? The season is long and it's apparently a fact that Lukaku would've been better than Ba and Torres.

2. Yes it does, but look at how he's responded. Had we signed him, we'd have probably won the league.

3. The Brentford link was facetious. The point is that Azpi could've looked at the fact he wasn't starting this season and put in a transfer request. He didn't. He worked hard and won his spot. Why couldn't Lukaku do the same?

4. A strop?? He told the manager he wanted to leave. It's amazing how you can so repeatedly vilify Torres but give Lukaku a free pass when he says to the manager that he no longer wants to represent Chelsea Football Club.

He responded badly to adversity. If anything is going to piss of Mourinho it's that. Maybe he can come back but if he can't then we all know the reason why and it's Lukaku's fault.

Or we sell Lukaku, bring in Costa, re-sign Eto'o and then.......drumroll.....activate the clause in Lazar Markovic's contract.

Then the season after that we include whichever one of Feruz and Bamford has scored the most out on loan.

Anyway....I don't think Jose will see what Lukaku did as brave. The challenge laid out before Lukaku and Azpi was broadly the same and they reacted in very different ways. Honestly I wish he hadn't put in a transfer request because it really did fuck us over.

I havr not seen benfica much. Just saw their 2 legs against spurs. Markovic played as a RW. Don't know how a trio of costa-lukaku-etoo is not better than the one u just said. Lukaku is the only PL proven striker of these 4. Just can't see how lukaku's sale helps us. I mean his market value will still be the same even in 2015 summer.

Dude, their are only 3 players who have scored more goals than lukaku in the last 2 seasons and still he cacan't get a look in. Do you REALISTICALLY believe that bamford and traore have a chance??? I don't.

1. So? The season is long and it's apparently a fact that Lukaku would've been better than Ba and Torres.

2. Yes it does, but look at how he's responded. Had we signed him, we'd have probably won the league.

3. The Brentford link was facetious. The point is that Azpi could've looked at the fact he wasn't starting this season and put in a transfer request. He didn't. He worked hard and won his spot. Why couldn't Lukaku do the same?

4. A strop?? He told the manager he wanted to leave. It's amazing how you can so repeatedly vilify Torres but give Lukaku a free pass when he says to the manager that he no longer wants to represent Chelsea Football Club.

He responded badly to adversity. If anything is going to piss of Mourinho it's that. Maybe he can come back but if he can't then we all know the reason why and it's Lukaku's fault.

1) Like I said it's a no brainer for Lukaku - was out on loan last season to prove himself; two managers changed at the helm, Jose comes he is back to square one - instead of being picked ahead of Torres as he should be based on merit. Everton and Martinez offer him to be automatic starter for a team fighting for Europe during a World Cup year where he knows he needs to play regularly so he starts ahead of Benteke. Jose doesn't give him any reassurance and allows him to go on loan.

2) We never had a chance to sign him, like I said he was using us to leverage a new deal United aren't going to sell Looney or any of their most important players to us EVER.

3) Because Cesar is 24 years old; he is already developed a long time ago while Lukaku is 20 years old the most important age for him to play regularly.

4) Torres threw a strop the day after our CL Victory(maybe you forgot about that - how convienant for you) and the club gave him reassurances - but you don't give Lukaku a free pass for doing the same thing

We're going to sign a top striker in the summer, this we can all agree on.

But what if Lukaku doesn't want to be 2nd choice like Courtois? he has enjoyed success at other clubs - and you know a player like Costa or whoever we sign will start most of the games anyway.

Given how he talks about himself, it would not surprise me if he'd rather keep starting games at Everton, than coming on in the 80th minute and playing cup games for Chelsea.

If the guy doesn't want to be here or willing to work for 1st spot (since we will buy another striker) then we don't need such a guy.

He can go like Mata and KDB, people not willing to fight for their spot.

Why on earth would you think he is not willing to work for a 1st spot???

Did you forget he worked at Cobham in his first year... training with the 1st but only got playtime with the reserves?!

He choose to 'work for his spot' by going out on loan. Scoring +10 goals on both occasions instead of snoozing on the bench watching Torres & Ba... I think he made the right decision. Especially in a WC year!

Point is: If you think Romelu is not willing to work for his spot => You clearly don't know him and surely are not following him! If there is one thing Lukaku is known for... it's his willingness and dedication to be better every single day! He really has a 100% professional attitude!

If this happens it'll probably be down to Mourinho's will. I'm sure Lukaku would be fine with 2nd striker for the time being, we have an insane amount of games each season and it looks like Costa can pick up little injuries now an then.

If he is sold because of the transfer/loan request thing, then I can't help but think José is handling this all wrong. Fair enough he wants to ensure he only has players in the team that have a strong 'team' mentality and not a 'me' mentality, but Lukaku is young. The little fuss he's made pales in comparison to the amount of absolute bullshit we've had to deal with from Torres, both on and off the pitch, for over 3 years. If this is the case, then Mourinho's first order of business should've been to ship out Torres, but he didn't and, honestly, I think he's a bit of a coward for not doing so.

He's a kid, kid's make mistakes. Big deal. If he's serious about this 'nurture' thing, then that's what he should be doing for Lukaku, not tossing him out in the cold because he knew both an old Eto'o and a shit Torres would be ahead of him. It would leave a bad taste in the mouth if he was never really given a chance here before being sold.

1) Like I said it's a no brainer for Lukaku - was out on loan last season to prove himself; two managers changed at the helm, Jose comes he is back to square one - instead of being picked ahead of Torres as he should be based on merit. Everton and Martinez offer him to be automatic starter for a team fighting for Europe during a World Cup year where he knows he needs to play regularly so he starts ahead of Benteke. Jose doesn't give him any reassurance and allows him to go on loan.

2) We never had a chance to sign him, like I said he was using us to leverage a new deal United aren't going to sell Looney or any of their most important players to us EVER.

3) Because Cesar is 24 years old; he is already developed a long time ago while Lukaku is 20 years old the most important age for him to play regularly.

4) Torres threw a strop the day after our CL Victory(maybe you forgot about that - how convienant for you) and the club gave him reassurances - but you don't give Lukaku a free pass for doing the same thing

I'd sack Torres tomorrow. You really do have to stop bringing him up at every opportunity.

Fact is, Lukaku was faced with adversity and told the club he no longer wanted to play for us. Someone like Jose might take that personally.

Why on earth would you think he is not willing to work for a 1st spot???

Because he asked to leave the club.

I'd sack Torres tomorrow. You really do have to stop bringing him up at every opportunity.

Fact is, Lukaku was faced with adversity and told the club he no longer wanted to play for us. Someone like Jose might take that personally.

Because he asked to leave the club.

Rooney faced adversity at United; threw a fit; SAF benched him; he constantly handing in unofficial transfer requests and Jose was still looking to sign him

Azpilicueta is a 24 year old player who wanted to make an impression in a world cup year. He wasn't assured a starting place, in fact he was behind Cole and Ivanovic at the start of the season.

He didn't put in a transfer request. He worked his bollocks off, impressed and is one of the players of the season.

I would be gutted if we lost Lukaku but I think I could understand Jose's thinking on the matter. Let's be honest, he wouldn't be first choice if we signed Costa so would he be happy? Would he put in another transfer request??

As for Spurs, Bale couldn't take them to that next level. Lukaku won't either.

Yeah 24 aint quite 20 now is it?Unless Lukaku says that he does not want to stay I dont think selling him would be a wise decision.

Yeah 24 aint quite 20 now is it?Unless Lukaku says that he does not want to stay I dont think selling him would be a wise decision.

He's already said he doesn't want to stay. He handed in a transfer request and left on loan.

I don't particularly want him to go but like I've said, don't piss off Jose.

Rooney faced adversity at United; threw a fit; SAF benched him; he constantly handing in unofficial transfer requests and Jose was still looking to sign him

Lukaku ain't Rooney.

But why don't we just talk about the guy who had a chance to play for the club he loves, had limited competition for a space and still managed to bottle it and request a transfer?

Not being funny but he needs us more than we need him if he's looking at a choice between Everton and Spurs. We'll sign Costa, we'll play CL football and he can hopefully learn from his mistake.