Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Like I've said before, he needs Chelsea much more than Chelsea needs him.

Lukaku could've learnt under one of the best managers in the world but instead his agent is discussing a move with a club who doesn't even have a manager....
Honestly, Lukaku needs better people advising him because the ones he has right now aren't doing a good job.

He doesn't "need" Chelsea...if he chose to leave, there would definitely be alot of interest in his services

We have a 20 year old who has scored 29 goals in roughly 60 EPL games....yet just because he left the club to improve his skills and play reguarly in a world cup year, we're willing to sell him?

He doesn't "need" Chelsea...if he chose to leave, there would definitely be alot of interest in his services

We have a 20 year old who has scored 29 goals in roughly 60 EPL games....yet just because he left the club to improve his skills and play reguarly in a world cup year, we're willing to sell him?

The interest seems to be coming from teams like Everton and Spurs rather than the top clubs. Is Daniel Levy's judgment of players better than Mourinho's?

It's amazing how we criticise someone like Rooney who puts in a request to leave the club but defend Lukaku. This is a guy who said it was his dream to play for the club yet a few games left out (not unlike Schurrle and Azpi faced) and a bit of competition (weak competition at that) and he's asking to leave Chelsea Football Club???

Oh it's a world cup year. Well that's great. He's guaranteed himself at least 3 games at a world cup he's got an outside chance of winning.

The interest seems to be coming from teams like Everton and Spurs rather than the top clubs. Is Daniel Levy's judgment of players better than Mourinho's?

It's amazing how we criticise someone like Rooney who puts in a request to leave the club but defend Lukaku. This is a guy who said it was his dream to play for the club yet a few games left out (not unlike Schurrle and Azpi faced) and a bit of competition (weak competition at that) and he's asking to leave Chelsea Football Club???

Oh it's a world cup year. Well that's great. He's guaranteed himself at least 3 games at a world cup he's got an outside chance of winning.

spot on.

Lukaku was willing to fight for his place initially but after being left out the line up for 4 games in a row despite scoring most of our goals in pre-season I think he saw what road it was going down. I don't think it was a simple case of him not willing to compete. I think Jose may of indicate he might not get as much starts as he wishes and due to being a world cup year etc, both manager and player probably agreed it will be best where he is starting every game rather than be a pit part player here as Jose obviously thought he had 3 capable strikers of doing the job, which proved wrong.

Against Hull he got 15 minutes.

Against Villa he got 25 minutes.

Against Man United we didn't start with a striker and Torres got 30 minutes coming on for De Bruyne.

Against some German team whose name escapes me, he got 22 minutes after coming on for Torres who scored for us.

United was a weird one because we didn't actually play with a striker and the German team was a glorified friendly so I might exclude them if that's ok.

So in the other two games he was actually getting more time on the pitch as the games went on, yet he decided that he had no chance of getting more than 5-10 games a season because Eto'o was signed? Fuck me, he was even trusted with a penalty in the shootout.

I think he would work well under Moyes longball tactics and the amount of crosses United does...

Sell him to United for 30m.

I feel Tottenham will be a much better squad next season with the acquisition of Van Gaal and a few more players...

Against Hull he got 15 minutes.

Against Villa he got 25 minutes.

Against Man United we didn't start with a striker and Torres got 30 minutes coming on for De Bruyne.

Against some German team whose name escapes me, he got 22 minutes after coming on for Torres who scored for us.

United was a weird one because we didn't actually play with a striker and the German team was a glorified friendly so I might exclude them if that's ok.

So in the other two games he was actually getting more time on the pitch as the games went on, yet he decided that he had no chance of getting more than 5-10 games a season because Eto'o was signed? Fuck me, he was even trusted with a penalty in the shootout.

The thing is though if he could not get ahead of Ba and Torres initially who had done nothing to warrant a start and were shit then Jose brings Eto'o along it was pretty obvious he was going to get frustrated. Even as the season went on Jose probably would of realised he would of had to start him but he was not trusted ahead of the aforementioned two in the first place he probably thought there was no chance of playing when Eto'o came. The reason why I reckon Jose is equally to blame for Lukaku's departure because one he never started him in games where I believe he warranted a start and two, Lukaku said many times at the beginning of the season that he will fight for his spot but although it was pre-season, what else do you have to do show that he should of been in the starting line up in at least one of the four games? I can understand why he asked for a loan move. Pre-season was a platform to impress Jose and he did so him moving to Everton was probably his way to show Jose I am ready to be your no.1 striker.

The thing is though if he could not get ahead of Ba and Torres initially who had done nothing to warrant a start and were shit then Jose brings Eto'o along it was pretty obvious he was going to get frustrated. Even as the season went on Jose probably would of realised he would of had to start him but he was not trusted ahead of the aforementioned two in the first place he probably thought there was no chance of playing when Eto'o came. The reason why I reckon Jose is equally to blame for Lukaku's departure because one he never started him in games where I believe he warranted a start and two, Lukaku said many times at the beginning of the season that he will fight for his spot but although it was pre-season, what else do you have to do show that he should of been in the starting line up in at least one of the four games? I can understand why he asked for a loan move. Pre-season was a platform to impress Jose and he did so him moving to Everton was probably his way to show Jose I am ready to be your no.1 striker.

Pre-season is meaningless. It's about fitness more than anything else, but in the first few games Mourinho gave starts to Torres, Ba and then Eto'o. It's not unfair to think that Lukaku would've got starts as the Champions League started ramping up and we also had League Cup games coming.

Honestly, I just wish he'd never asked for the move because I think he would've been a massive player for us this season. I just don't think Mourinho is the type of guy you can ask for a transfer from and expect him to forget it. He places far too much stock in character and there's no way this isn't a red mark against your name.

It's just a shitty situation all round.

This is a guy who said it was his dream to play for the club yet a few games left out (not unlike Schurrle and Azpi faced) and a bit of competition (weak competition at that) and he's asking to leave Chelsea Football Club???

A few games plus an entire season after he was first bought. I bet they promised him playing time then as well. ;-)

Give me £30m, He's not at the level of Costa and Mandzukic.

Mandzukic is overrated, I watch him a lot. His goalscoring record is impressive, but it's easy to score goals when you lead the line for Bayern in the Bundesliga. A Bayern that smash everybody 5,6,-0.

Costa on the other hand is superb. But we need both Costa and Lukaku fighting for the number 1 spot, not "either or".

Alot of pressure now for Romelu because of benteke's injury,im curious how he will handle it at the WC

i'm sure he's already buzzing while obviously feeling bad for Benteke. Belgium's strong-point is that they have a really good chemistry going. But gives Wilmot a bigger headache I feel. It was an injury they could have done away with.

Why doesnt Mourinho want him? Im curious to be honest it surely cant be just abt having a big mouth because we seem to have a couple of those in this squad

Mourinho has never come out and said he doesn't want him. If i've missed it, do let me know. When asked about the subject , he said the loan is working well and there have been no bids so far. It's more like some of the fans here don't want him while others do.

Why doesnt Mourinho want him? Im curious to be honest it surely cant be just abt having a big mouth because we seem to have a couple of those in this squad

Mourinho wants a young Eto'o. Someone who can link up with others, good control of the ball (especially in tight spaces) and good at finishing. Yes Lukaku is young but he is never going to have good close control. His link up play can be worked on and his finishing is solid. Control, especially in tight areas is horrible.

Mourinho wants a young Eto'o. Someone who can link up with others, good control of the ball (especially in tight spaces) and good at finishing. Yes Lukaku is young but he is never going to have good close control. His link up play can be worked on and his finishing is solid. Control, especially in tight areas is horrible.

So basically he wants the best striker in the world, because a younger Eto'o that was.

The player who now comes closer to this definition is Luis Suarez, but for a list of reasons this is not gonna happen.

Being said that, Diego Costa or Cavani would be fantastic, absolutely; indeed, as I keep saying, our dogma should be:

Bring back Lukaku

Sign Costa/Cavani

Keep Eto'o