Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

If he can not back himself to dislodge Torres this season whats to say he will back himself up to dislodge a Costa or Mandukic if we do sign one next season? His good but his mentality might seems lacking

How would you feel if you were sidelined by a useless striker that keeps getting starts and you just sit and rot on the bench when you are young, talented and u're better than the striker?

(Just trying to make u understand how Sturridge/Lukaku felt/feels)

After that display of affection for Martinez today I'd say it's only a matter of time before we see quotes in the papers or a video interview of him saying that he's the best manager he's ever played for and that he "loves" Everton. Never shy to say something inflammatory.

He does have a point, though. He's always saying that he aspires to be Rooney or CR7 where they're starting from a really young age and constantly playing and scoring. He's not going to get that here with us buying a new main man. If he had come in and established himself when we initially bought him and beat out Torres then we wouldn't be having this conversation, but I just can't see how he's going to be able to live out his dream of being our number one if we buy someone. Like someone said last page, even if our new striker struggles or flops he's still going to play just like Torres did to try to get him going.

The most frustrating thing is that unlike the Courtois situation where he's competing with a club legend, Lukaku knows he's better than the donkey's we have but still can't get the nod. Why would he want to come back next season and find it even more difficult to break into the side when he can be THE man at a very good Everton side?

The best thing for US is to bring him back next season whether he likes it or not and have him competing for a place. The best thing for HIM is to spend another season at Everton on loan to develop more.

Let's see: Lukaku can return to Chelsea, play/train with D. Drogba, play with Eto'o and, again, play for his favorite boyhood club under Jose. I'm thinking he gets some time to prove himself at SB and he will come back. Forget the rumours. It's just going to be up to him to improve his play in front of opposition centre backs. Didier should coach him. If he still looks like he'd rather be playing RW after a period of time back with Chelsea, I'm thinking he either becomes a RW or he gets sold.

To get him to play/train with Drogba, you have to get Drogba first. It seems that so many players have already been signed. Drogba, Costa, Cavani. This reminds me of last summer. Wait for what happens, then start talking about which team we should play.

After that display of affection for Martinez today I'd say it's only a matter of time before we see quotes in the papers or a video interview of him saying that he's the best manager he's ever played for and that he "loves" Everton. Never shy to say something inflammatory.

He does have a point, though. He's always saying that he aspires to be Rooney or CR7 where they're starting from a really young age and constantly playing and scoring. He's not going to get that here with us buying a new main man. If he had come in and established himself when we initially bought him and beat out Torres then we wouldn't be having this conversation, but I just can't see how he's going to be able to live out his dream of being our number one if we buy someone. Like someone said last page, even if our new striker struggles or flops he's still going to play just like Torres did to try to get him going.

The most frustrating thing is that unlike the Courtois situation where he's competing with a club legend, Lukaku knows he's better than the donkey's we have but still can't get the nod. Why would he want to come back next season and find it even more difficult to break into the side when he can be THE man at a very good Everton side?

The best thing for US is to bring him back next season whether he likes it or not and have him competing for a place. The best thing for HIM is to spend another season at Everton on loan to develop more.

The best thing for HIM would be earning a permanent move to Everton and working with a manager who believes in him. (If they get UCL football, Everton should be able to afford him)

It's pretty clear that Mourinho doesn't see Lukaku as his main man...so why should he come back to Chelsea and get the Sturridge treatment?

Still not sure if Casillas really had to be dropped. At the end, it looked to me Mourinho was so tired of being at Real he was practically asking to get fired by kicking everyone's shins.

The Cassilas that Ancelotti has also dropped, that one?

The best thing for HIM would be earning a permanent move to Everton and working with a manager who believes in him. (If they get UCL football, Everton should be able to afford him)

It's pretty clear that Mourinho doesn't see Lukaku as his main man...so why should he come back to Chelsea and get the Sturridge treatment?

That's the worry, though. That he becomes the player he's cracked up to be and we look like mugs once again for selling a player who would massively improve us.

Only way I'd reluctantly sell him permanently is if the fee is too crazy to turn down like £30m which isn't happening. Trouble with loaning him to Everton again is running the risk of him falling in love with the club and not wanting to come back when we finally feel he's needed. That he'll kick up a real fuss and resist returning.

Ba was regular scorer for Nufc but failed miserably here. Its one thing to score for Everton or Newcastle, another to score for Chelsea. We have build up play completely against the comfort for striker (maybe with new Lb who can cross and creative long passing CM things will change). I dont think Lukaku will fail here, but it will be damn harder for him to score for us. He is young and its great thing, if we were Lpool who gives every ball to striker, Lukaku would score for fun sooner or later. But we are Chelsea who needs very specific striker, the one who works for the team (we aint team that works for striker).

I seriously think we should sell him to Everton with buy back clause and get him back in few years.

Should we buy Costa (or any top striker), Lukaku will be benched mostly for next 4/5 years. Its great for us to have such quality on bench, but its useless for him, he needs to play week in week out. He needs to improve and he can only do it with play time, which he wont get.

The ultimate question; Lukaku OR top level striker (bought in summer). Both wont be here, I guess.

Lets hope he makes great preseason, world cup and does the job as our first striker next season(s).

Mou realy fucked up with him I think. When Mou came, he had shit strike force and would be perfect time to bring Lukaku into starting eleven. After all, we have transition period, our objective was top 3. Lukaku could do it. We still had Etoo and Torres to rotate. Ba should be sold back in summer.

Should Mou used Lukaku as our starter this season, we would head into next with striker who already adapted (Lukaku) and would compete for higher places. Now, Lukaku will have to adapt (start from level zero) should he be our starter next season, meaning there is very little chance of reaching better than top 3 with Lukaku next season.

Mou will buy Costa/xxx in summer and sell Lukaku, IMO. He rather trusted Torres over Lukaku in a fucking transition year, perfect time to make changes. It says all, doesnt it?

Mou realy fucked up with him I think. When Mou came, he had shit strike force and would be perfect time to bring Lukaku into starting eleven. After all, we have transition period, our objective was top 3. Lukaku could do it. We still had Etoo and Torres to rotate. Ba should be sold back in summer.

Should Mou used Lukaku as our starter this season, we would head into next with striker who already adapted (Lukaku) and would compete for higher places. Now, Lukaku will have to adapt (start from level zero) should he be our starter next season, meaning there is very little chance of reaching better than top 3 with Lukaku next season.

Mou will buy Costa/xxx in summer and sell Lukaku, IMO. He rather trusted Torres over Lukaku in a fucking transition year, perfect time to make changes. It says all, doesnt it?

All we have to go on are a few remarks by both parties - none of us are privy to what actually was discussed.

Hindsight is an amazing thing - it has the uncanny knack of making things look better/worse...

Lets wait until the summer before deciding his fate ;)

The parallels drawn with Casillis (sp?) are crazy. Casillis was actively engaging dressing room sabotage and leaking private info to his GF (sports journalist)... A dangerous game - for which he paid the price! As the reserve keeper had SO many great games for Madrid and has now ousted him longer term. So in 'hindsight' Jose was actually right to drop him ;)

See - its a tough one ;)

Another adage worth remembering is 'careful what you wish for...'

Personally, Lukaku is doing well - I probably would leave him at Everton for another season, IF they get CL football. Will be a great test for him. No denying his raw ability - but CL is the next step up...

And he hasn't got the right mentality why? Because he wants to play?

No, I think that's exactly what he wants. What I would guess he isn't too fond of, is giving out any guarantees on playing time, other than whoever performs the best plays.