Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

your sources are out of a James Bond movie?

:D

I don't know about India HJ... but Belgium is such a small country that it isn't such a big deal to actually know players on your NT.

Furthermore we have a whole crew around this team (coaches, physiologists, pr managers, ...) and on top of that a whole bunch of people who work for our National Football association. It's almost a miracle if you don't know anyone in this group :).

So no james bond... or bond girls unfortunately. Just people who are at the NT (players and staff).

:D

I don't know about India HJ... but Belgium is such a small country that it isn't such a big deal to actually know players on your NT.

Furthermore we have a whole crew around this team (coaches, physiologists, pr managers, ...) and on top of that a whole bunch of people who work for our National Football association. It's almost a miracle if you don't know anyone in this group :).

So no james bond... or bond girls unfortunately. Just people who are at the NT (players and staff).

Cool, so I will take your knowledge as pretty good.

Tell me two things, is Lukaku now disappointed at Chelsea for the fail promises? Remember Mourinho told him he will play this season and such.....

And second does Chelsea get any compensation for the Lukaku loan?

Thanks.

Cool, so I will take your knowledge as pretty good.

Tell me two things, is Lukaku now disappointed at Chelsea for the fail promises? Remember Mourinho told him he will play this season and such.....

And second does Chelsea get any compensation for the Lukaku loan?

Thanks.

Yes he was at first really disappointed and even a little angry because Chelsea failed to keep their promises!!

He was more than ready to compete with Torres, Ba & Eto'o for that first spot. He's very ambitious and eager to improve every aspect of his game. Mourinho gave him a lot of trust and it seemed to work out well. So yeah... Romelu really thought he was going to play for us this season and Mourinho would make him better every game.

Fact that Eto'o came and it didn't worked out to loan out Ba... changed all of this. Mourinho told him a loan would probably be a better option since he could play every single game... even as a starter. Something he cannot promise Romelu because of the competition.

Mourinho and Romelu are working on a very specific game plan for Lukaku. It's all part of a bigger plan to make Romelu a real top striker. They both agreed yesterday that with close coaching from Jose and assistants himself... Romelu could develop this plan at Everton too... and maybe even faster than with us.

This is why Romelu accepted this deal! He's not a dumb guy you know... in fact he's very smart! The little boy in him was angry and wanted to play for at all cost! The intelligent football player in him knows Everton is probably the best option.

I don't know anything about the compensation actually. This I cannot help you with.

http://www.toffeetalk.com/index.php?/topic/25114-romelu-lukaku/page-2

Quite a funny read from an Everton forum. Go from slating Kenwright to loving him yesterday 97ada74b88049a6d50a6ed40898a03d7.gif

Should we wonder why ? I mean Everton with Lukaku especially if he pops 15- 18 goals for them..who knows where they will end up ? Perhaps, 4th ? :rolleyes:

I was really confused when i woke up this morning because when i went to bed (Over rated transfer deadline day, what a boring show), Lukaku had turned Everton down to go back to WBA so to see on my phone that Lukaku went to Everton, i was like Whaaaat? Wondered how that happened lol.

Good move all round though. I didn't agree with it at first but it is by far the best thing to do. He's at the age that he HAS to play every game for him to continue his development. Hope he does well there at a good team.

our board's desicion with the youth in this windown has been a little shocking. no loan moves for chalobah and especially JOSH MCEACHRAN. and shipping off romelu on loan while keeping BA here.

Offtopic: Good for Josh though..I'd rather he get a few minutes with the senior team, than get game time playing for a championship side.

Offtopic: Good for Josh though..I'd rather he get a few minutes with the senior team, than get game time playing for a championship side.

josh is not getting more than a 100 minutes (if that), the whole season. we have rambo, essien, mikel, lamps and mvg for 2 spots. simply cant see how and where he ll play. so all he ll be doing is playing for under 21s which is definitely worse than championship.

True but that's not my fault is mourinho fault, that just like ancelotti can't trust them for shit with developing younger players as they both prefer experience players.

This is why I really wanted avb more then Mourinho as he is more of a coach for younger players.

Sorry but i had to respond to this.

AVB? this the same AVB that refused to play a 22 year old promising left back in Ryan Bertrand outside the league cup, and when Cole was injured choosing Bosingwa to play a left back ahead of him?

The same AVB that wouldn't give minutes to McEachran outside of the league cup? even off the bench when we were winning comfortably (admittedly that didn't happen too much under the Portuguese).

The same AVB that gave ignored Lukaku himself despite a misfiring strike force? Also he treated Lukaku so bad to the point where he said he will never forgive Andre.

He played Romeu a bit for about a month, but as soon as he had a few bad games quickly dropped him too.

You could say Sturridge, but alternatively we could say Mikel and even Huth to a lesser extent for Jose in his last time here.

Having seen his interviews and the way he carries himself, I can't agree with that in the slightest.

In fact I think it's very much incorrect.

He seems remarkably grounded, level-headed and mature. On the pitch he has appeared composed, calm but also enthusiastic. He's not the finished article but that's why he needs support and minutes. He could've gotten minutes at here or Everton - but he'll almost certainly get both at Everton. From that point of view it's a great loan move for him because the Everton fans will support him.

Our fans? :dunno:

How on earth do our fans not support him? seriously? what do we have to do to support him? demand he is a number 1 striker here (a position he wasn't even at West Brom)? I hope (actually screw that i know) he will be a great player for us in the future but he isn't yet i don't see the shame on admitting that. He has gone on a fantastic loan, short of going to Athletico Madrid, i can't think of a better (realistic) loan he could have gone on.

The way some are reacting you would think he has gone to Yeovil or Vittesse.

If say Fabio for Manchester United had a fantastic loan at QPR and then went to Everton, the same people bashing our board/Jose would be praising United for giving a young player a great loan programme and a real chance to prove his worth in the PL and be bashing our board for not doing similar to our's.

We can't win.

Sorry but i had to respond to this.

AVB? this the same AVB that refused to play a 22 year old promising left back in Ryan Bertrand outside the league cup, and when Cole was injured choosing Bosingwa to play a left back ahead of him?

The same AVB that wouldn't give minutes to McEachran outside of the league cup? even off the bench when we were winning comfortably (admittedly that didn't happen too much under the Portuguese).

The same AVB that gave ignored Lukaku himself despite a misfiring strike force? Also he treated Lukaku so bad to the point where he said he will never forgive Andre.

He played Romeu a bit for about a month, but as soon as he had a few bad games quickly dropped him too.

You could say Sturridge, but alternatively we could say Mikel and even Huth to a lesser extent for Jose in his last time here.

AvB tried to make the jump from Porto to Chelsea too early in his career. I don't doubt his managerial capability but he needed a season or two at a smaller club, to understand the PL.

The same AvB is giving chances to Townsend and Danny Rose at Spurs right now.

If say Fabio for Manchester United had a fantastic loan at QPR and then went to Everton, the same people bashing our board/Jose would be praising United for giving a young player a great loan programme and a real chance to prove his worth in the PL and be bashing our board for not doing similar to our's.

We can't win.

Yeh, but in terms of your example...I doubt United would keep Fabio for pre-season, first few games of the new season and wait until deadline day to loan him out.

The problem isn't loaning out Lukaku to Everton, it's a good deal...but the way we did it was wrong

If the board/Jose had intentions of bringing in another striker from the start of the window, why keep Lukaku around till deadline day?

If we had loaned him out from the start of this season, at least he'd be able to settle into his new club and start understanding the manager's tactics by now...