Tomáš Kalas

James

Kalas is good enough for our 1st team squad now. we need to give kids a chance when they show us enough,we can't keep sending them on loan after loan because all they are doing even if they succeed on loan is showing that they can fit into the team we loan them out to..and the more times we send them out to different clubs the more chance they end up at a team that doesn`t suit them.then the bad loan blows their confidence.

at maximum i would loan a kid out twice.ideally just once and then decide what to do with them..we have a group of young defenders,especially at CB who could very well serve us for the next 10-13 years..let them be coached by our coaches and shaped into what we want from players. we need to give atleast one of those young defenders a place in our 1st team squad next year or the ones behind them are gonna likely wonder how they will ever get a chance and then end up wanting to leave. also as much as i love Chelsea..if i had a son talented enough to play for some youth team as things stand i would rather him go to a club that brings youngsters into their 1st team squad. we need to change that for future recruitment of youth players.

in the past there`s been times when the youth team hasn`t had the kind of talent that would make it with us but we have plenty that could now.time to give them a chance.

as much as Varane is clearly a talented defender,signing someone like him would be a bad move because we have 5 talented youngsters at CB and most if not all would then see no future for them at the club. i personally hope we just sign a LB if any defenders.

Everything u say is true, I really do wonder what someone like Kalas or Lukaku has to show to prove his good enough for CFC clearly both are better than the alternatives in the squad already

Jose will be under a huge pressure to win something in the next season.

Therefore, I doubt he is willing to give an unproven player a chance to play.

Jose's job is on line & so far he has sold Mata, Luiz & KDB for profit. I am almost certain, that money is going to be used to buy 2 to 3 players to strengthen Chelsea & Jose is parking the bus, depot just to win something.

Everything u say is true, I really do wonder what someone like Kalas or Lukaku has to show to prove his good enough for CFC clearly both are better than the alternatives in the squad already

exactly.

the knock i think on Lukaku was his first touch but if BA has a good first touch you can be sure his second won`t be..and he`s the only one of the 3 i`d even consider bringing back next season. if it was thinking his confidence was shot after the bad penalty against Bayern then i`d say Torres confidence has been shot for the majority of the last 3 seasons.

Lukaku has proven he belongs in the premiership twice,he`s going to the World cup..he simply must be back with us next year or sell him.

we are gonna have bad games from youngsters but when our veterans are having bad game after bad game..i'd rather ride out the bumps with the youngsters..atleast they should grow from it. i'm not saying any of these youngsters should be thrown into a regular starting spot but over 60plus games that we play each season,there`s more for them to gain by playing sparingly and training with top class players and coaches than being loaned out to play and train with inferior coaches and players.

Jose's job is on line & so far he has sold Mata, Luiz & KDB for profit. I am almost certain, that money is going to be used to buy 2 to 3 players to strengthen Chelsea & Jose is parking the bus, depot just to win something.

Kalas and Lukaku aren't unproven tho and we have 3 veteran CB's to go with Kalas. so at minimum there`s those 2 who should be in our 1st team squad..we`ll buy atleast 3 i think,but there`s still room as more than 4 from our 1st team squad last season will be gone in Luiz,Eto`o,Cole, hopefully Torres..plus more in Lampard among others who as much as i love him is winding down his career now and no longer good enough for a place in a trophy chasing squad like ours.

teams including ourselves (among many others) only "park the bus" when we are mismatched in talent to engage in a shoot out..Jose does not strive to build a team who wants to park it but he`s aware like all great managers you have to play to your strengths. he does obviously understand you need a strong defense but don`t have to park the bus to get it.

Hm, I'm not sure about the parking bus tactic next season.. I think his signings this summer will aim to serve a new plan a and plan b so that we don't have to park the bus. It was done a limited amount this season and with his first tenure with us.. During his first tenure he had the players required to avoid that tactic.

Duppy,

Kalas played one good game. Lukaku will not lead the strikers.

Jose is not interested to jeopardize the outcome of the results. I bet my butt on it.

well i wouldn`t want to win your butt so i`ll pass on that bet.

but never said Lukaku should lead the strikers (presuming that means be first choice) but certainly at worst he`s good enough to be 3rd choice if not 2nd.

and we have 3 Veteran CB`s ..Kalas showed me he was good enough to get a shot as the 4th.

again i`ll say it..i`m not talking about these two being thrown in to be regular starters but to stay with us and worked into the starting lineup as and when Jose sees fit. in the case of Kalas..league cup,fa cup..against lower premiership teams. in Lukaku`s case more frequently,when others aren`t firing..

it`s football..not ice hockey,where kids could be physically destroyed..Kalas and Lukaku are certainly not lacking physically anyway.

I don't know if Veira comments on the need for English B sides were ever posted here but his comments were spot on why loan system is a failure.

"We don't want to send our players on loan. We want to keep them with us, to give them the right education and the challenge that they need. When we send young players on loan, they are going to clubs where managers need to win games and the only focus is to win games. It's really difficult for them to develop because if they make one or two mistakes they are not going to play any more.

"In our football club making a mistake is part of the development. So we need the right challenges to help them develop. That's why I believe the B league will be a massive step up to improve the development of young players."

• 2 weeks later...