Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

On 31/07/2019 at 9:46 AM, MCM4PR3Z said:

Courtois: "There is not a single doubt in my mind. I will be the first goalkeeper of Real Madrid this season. Zidane will choose for me, that is as clear as water."

2 days later he gets injured and Navas becomes MOTM in the next game.

Zidane: "Thibaut needs to shut up. Nobody has a guaranteed starting spot at Real Madrid. You have to work for it and play well."

Navas: "Other players can think that they are the only one that matters. But Zidane begged me to stay in Real during the summer. He said he still counts on me. So I wouldn't be to sure if I was him."

Where are these from? 

On 31/07/2019 at 10:40 AM, manpe said:

Not a single hit googling those quotes. Where did you find them and how did you verify the legitimacy of those quotes if I may ask?

Yeah same here. 

• 1 month later...

Thibaut Courtois admits he was 'p***** off' with Eden Hazard on his debut after accusing Real Madrid ace of wasting possession

Thibaut Courtois was left unimpressed by Eden Hazard's Real Madrid debut
The forward came on with half an hour remaining in the 3-2 win over Levante
The Belgian goalkeeper was disappointed by his compatriot's inaccurate passing

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7465923/Thibaut-Courtois-p-Eden-Hazard-forward-gives-ball-away-Real-Madrid-debut.html

Eden Hazard 'p***** off' team-mate Thibaut Courtois after supposedly losing possession and failing to score on his Real Madrid debut.  

Madrid raced into a 3-0 half-time lead against Levante thanks to a Karim Benzema double and a goal from Casemiro. 

Casemiro was replaced by Hazard after an hour as the visitors threatened to cause an upset at the Bernabeu, scoring two goals in the second half.

Hazard, who only recently recovered from a thigh injury sustained in pre-season, failed to impress his former Chelsea colleague Courtois though.

Speaking after the game, Courtois told Movistar: 'He almost scored a goal with what he did (in attack). He has a lot of pace with the ball, it's what he does.

'But I got a little p***** off with him because he lost the ball twice.' 

The goalkeeper added: 'We were thinking of a clean sheet at half-time. Sometimes we have to continue in the same way, but we didn't do that after the break.

'It became 3-1 and then 3-2 and we knew we couldn't drop points again. In the end, I was able to make the stop to save us.

'If we kept going like in the first half, with all due respect, we would have won 5-0 or 6-0.

snip

Image result for courtois snake

9 hours ago, Vesper said:

Thibaut Courtois admits he was 'p***** off' with Eden Hazard on his debut after accusing Real Madrid ace of wasting possession

Thibaut Courtois was left unimpressed by Eden Hazard's Real Madrid debut
The forward came on with half an hour remaining in the 3-2 win over Levante
The Belgian goalkeeper was disappointed by his compatriot's inaccurate passing

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7465923/Thibaut-Courtois-p-Eden-Hazard-forward-gives-ball-away-Real-Madrid-debut.html

Eden Hazard 'p***** off' team-mate Thibaut Courtois after supposedly losing possession and failing to score on his Real Madrid debut.  

Madrid raced into a 3-0 half-time lead against Levante thanks to a Karim Benzema double and a goal from Casemiro. 

Casemiro was replaced by Hazard after an hour as the visitors threatened to cause an upset at the Bernabeu, scoring two goals in the second half.

Hazard, who only recently recovered from a thigh injury sustained in pre-season, failed to impress his former Chelsea colleague Courtois though.

Speaking after the game, Courtois told Movistar: 'He almost scored a goal with what he did (in attack). He has a lot of pace with the ball, it's what he does.

'But I got a little p***** off with him because he lost the ball twice.' 

The goalkeeper added: 'We were thinking of a clean sheet at half-time. Sometimes we have to continue in the same way, but we didn't do that after the break.

'It became 3-1 and then 3-2 and we knew we couldn't drop points again. In the end, I was able to make the stop to save us.

'If we kept going like in the first half, with all due respect, we would have won 5-0 or 6-0.

snip

Image result for courtois snake

I would be more annoyed at Zidane taking off the only natural defensive/holding midfielder for a winger.... even if it was 3-0... as Madrids midfield and back 4 has been suspect for almost 18 months now. 

I would be more annoyed at Zidane taking off the only natural defensive/holding midfielder for a winger.... even if it was 3-0... as Madrids midfield and back 4 has been suspect for almost 18 months now. 

Being cocky more than anything and almost paying for it.

23 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Imagine what would be if Neymar, Cavani and Mbappe are available. 

Exactly Big nose would be picking a few out of the net. 

Hate them both, but want Hazard to lose, want him to think hes made a mistake in my twisted mind :P

Talking of which, where have all the Belgian Chelsea 'fans' gone on this site ??? :ph34r:

How’s the nerve to criticise Eden on his debut after a depleted PSG put three past him. 

And as much as I loved Eden and will be forever grateful for his services, I wouldn’t be fussed if his whole Real Madrid stint is an abject failure. His latest comments about our fans are disrespectful and the comparison is unnecessary. I think he’ll be more appreciative of us when the Real Madrid boo boys turn on him.

On 18/09/2019 at 10:10 PM, Jason said:

Fuck sake he looks as if hes aged about 13 years in the space of 2 seasons. He was always an ugly fucker but wow.

Actually really glad him and Edens moves haven't worked out and based on Madrid in the last 18 months, probably wont for a while. Just shows that not many folk leave Chelsea in their best years and necessarily do anything spectacular afterwards. Robben, Salah and De Bruyne are the obvious exceptions that I can think of off the top of my head. Maybe Eden and Courtois will look back in a few years and go why did we leave... 

• 2 weeks later...