Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

13 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

I didn't say that. I was solely referring to Thibo departure. 

We could easily force Thibo to see out his contract before approaching a similar calibre GK next summer. Far from ideal but could be done if needs must.

Your lack of concern on the matter could see us ending up with Caballero as our number 1 or spending 50m+ on Pickford.

Liverpool are the stumbling block. I believe he could join them if they are willing to match Roma's price .

Maybe you should go and look what I said when you quoted me, you said we were not desperate to sign a GK.

I never once suggested we should sign Pickford for 50m+ or stick with Caballero. I don't even think we will spend 70m on Alisson, I think if we were willing to spend that much on a goalkeeper we would have gave Tibo the contract he wants.

Maybe you should go and look what I said when you quoted me, you said we were not desperate to sign a GK.

Also, I never once suggested we should sign Pickford for 50m+ or stick with Caballero.
If Thibo sees out his contract, are we desperate?

No idea what's different to grasp.

The second point was hypothetical and what could happen if we just sell Thibo with no thought.

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Hopefully the statement we release when we sell him is even shorter and more dismissive than the Conte one was. We sell our legendary keeper to fucking Arsenal to hand the keys to Courtois and this is how it's going to end. 

You just know that in his first press conference in Madrid he's going to say something offensive about us like "I'm finally at a big club."

Fuck him. He has no sense of loyalty. The guy's divorced for a reason

If we can not sign a top class replacement just keep him and scout a good keeper in the coming year. Besides Im pretty sure he will sign the contract once we start winning and playing good football under Sarri. 

34 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

If Thibo sees out his contract, are we desperate?

No idea what's different to grasp.

The second point was hypothetical and what could happen if we just sell Thibo with no thought.

the IFs are what makes us desperate mate.

I'm not suggesting we should sell Tibo with no thought - maybe you should read my views on this before assuming them.

the IFs are what makes us desperate mate.

I'm not suggesting we should sell Tibo with no thought - maybe you should read my views on this before assuming them.
You wrote the following -

I don't get what difference it makes

We sell Thibo without a back up in place, we're fucked. That's the bloody difference

Can't reiterate the same point for the next hour.

Thanks for the input

3 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

You wrote the following -

We sell Thibo without a back up in place, we're fucked. That's the bloody difference

Can't reiterate the same point for the next hour.

Thanks for the input

Oh so we are desperate to sign a goalkeeper then, just like I said in the first place... fuck sake man

Oh so we are desperate to sign a goalkeeper then, just like I said in the first place... fuck sake man
You just don't get it. Thibo is a Chelsea player with one year left on his contract, so as it stands, we aren't DESPERATE for anything.

Get back to me when Real Madrid confirm his signature.

24 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

You just don't get it. Thibo is a Chelsea player with one year left on his contract, so as it stands, we aren't DESPERATE for anything.

Get back to me when Real Madrid confirm his signature.

I get it - i'm jumping the gun by assuming Tibo is gone lol , apologies.

I still think there is a big U turn - if we were to offer him a big contract.

The thing that is killing his value is not just that he has a year left on his contract.  It's that he's told everyone in football that he'll only go to 1 place.  So, if you're PSG or Juventus, maybe you want him, but he's not going to sign for them.  So, unless Atletico get involved, there will be no bidding war.  This is really how Courtois has fucked us.

The thing that is killing his value is not just that he has a year left on his contract.  It's that he's told everyone in football that he'll only go to 1 place.  So, if you're PSG or Juventus, maybe you want him, but he's not going to sign for them.  So, unless Atletico get involved, there will be no bidding war.  This is really how Courtois has fucked us.

He's constantly spoken about Madrid and his kids, so there is only two options. Atletico aren't going to downgrade even if a profit is to be bad.

Chelsea could demand some in return plus cash to make it more beneficial.

1 minute ago, LAM09 said:

He's constantly spoken about Madrid and his kids, so there is only two options. Atletico aren't going to downgrade even if a profit is to be bad.

Chelsea could demand some in return plus cash to make it more beneficial.

That's it though, we're over a barrel.  If you were Madrid, how much would you offer?  Knowing that you can get him for free next summer.  You know this because he won't go anywhere else.  You'd have to offer a bit, because it's possible that next summer, Atletico could decide to take him on a free and sell Oblak for some profit.  Maybe Barcelona could persuade him, but I doubt they'd be interested.  So, you're really the only show in town.  

He's been on and on about Madrid for years, and it feels like his "maybe I'll sign a new contract" was just keeping us hanging around.  This is why I feel let down by him, he should have just asked us to sell him last summer, and not told the world about how he's designed a way to make it cheap to sign him.

I really don't blame him for wanted to be with his kids, totally get it.  No problem.  But, did he really have to make our position so weak in order to do it?

That's it though, we're over a barrel.  If you were Madrid, how much would you offer?  Knowing that you can get him for free next summer.  You know this because he won't go anywhere else.  You'd have to offer a bit, because it's possible that next summer, Atletico could decide to take him on a free and sell Oblak for some profit.  Maybe Barcelona could persuade him, but I doubt they'd be interested.  So, you're really the only show in town.  

He's been on and on about Madrid for years, and it feels like his "maybe I'll sign a new contract" was just keeping us hanging around.  This is why I feel let down by him, he should have just asked us to sell him last summer, and not told the world about how he's designed a way to make it cheap to sign him.

I really don't blame him for wanted to be with his kids, totally get it.  No problem.  But, did he really have to make our position so weak in order to do it?

I'd honestly say around £35-40m would be ideal for both clubs, all things considered. We receive a decent figure for someone with a year left whilst Real Madrid get a cut price upgrade.

Shame we don't have an understanding individual

who would sign an extension, see how things go under Sarri and potentially agree a move for next summer. I certainly have no qualms with his motivation for wanting to move, just the way he's conducted himself during his time here.

On the GK discussion, I'm surprised there's been little or no talk of Donnarumma considering the state Milan are in and the ultimatum he gave for the 17/18 season (finish in the top 4 or bust).