test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Chelsea 1-1 Leicester

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   15 members have voted

  1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

    • Kepa
      0
    • Azpilicueta
      0
    • Christensen
      1
    • Zouma
      0
    • Emerson
      4
    • Jorginho
      0
    • Kante
      2
    • Mount
      8
    • Pedro
      0
    • Pulisic
      0
    • Giroud
      0
    • Abraham (sub)
      0
    • Kovacic (sub)
      0
    • Willian (sub)
      0

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

444 posts in this topic
37 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I think the second half demonstrated exactly why Sarri went down the cautious possession route last season after Arsenal at home, it wasn't pretty but we don't have the individual talent defensively to cope with counters after committing the runs in behind.

However i would still want us to play that way vs non top six sides, risky but most teams don't have the quality and decision making to pick us off, even yesterday Leicester counters were constantly being broken down by bad decision making by Maddison and Vardy and those two are as good as it gets outside the top 6.

Big games though has to be the same blueprint we faced Liverpool.

 

Vardy is a good player. Now I know why the big clubs did not go for him. He's 32, so the year Leicester won the title he was 28.
About us however it was not only the vulnerability to counterattacks, because when did you see any serious attacking football after the 1-0 - or a couple of minutes after the 1-0 to be precise ?
Nothing worked well and only the final scoreline was not horrible enough, like the staweberries-raspberries last year.

Johnnyeye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I think the second half demonstrated exactly why Sarri went down the cautious possession route last season after Arsenal at home, it wasn't pretty but we don't have the individual talent defensively to cope with counters after committing the runs in behind.

However i would still want us to play that way vs non top six sides, risky but most teams don't have the quality and decision making to pick us off, even yesterday Leicester counters were constantly being broken down by bad decision making by Maddison and Vardy and those two are as good as it gets outside the top 6.

Big games though has to be the same blueprint we faced Liverpool.

All of this directness is good and fun but there is a time when we need to slow down the match. 

It was our biggest problem, our pressing is terrific but we need to retain possession in the opp half better in it will be end to end..

And when it was end to end. Leicester created  3/4 good opportunities where we created very little. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

 

Vardy is a good player. Now I know why the big clubs did not go for him. He's 32, so the year Leicester won the title he was 28.
About us however it was not only the vulnerability to counterattacks, because when did you see any serious attacking football after the 1-0 - or a couple of minutes after the 1-0 to be precise ?
Nothing worked well and only the final scoreline was not horrible enough, like the staweberries-raspberries last year.

Arsenal went for him and he said no.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Johnnyeye said:

We definitely need width, cant wait to see how we play with Pulisic and CHO on the wings. i would like to see this lineup soon: 

                Kepa

Azpi    Rudi    A.C    Emerson

        Kante     Kovacic/Jorginho

Pulisic      Mount/RLC      CHO

               Tammy/Giroud

I am not sure Cho coming back will help much, hazard on the other hand is whole another story. 

 

Johnnyeye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Antonio8 said:

I didn't see this match, what I can say is that the schedule wasn't friendly with us 

now the most important thing is to not lose confidence in Lampard's work  

 

Schedule fucked us up this early in the season. But we have seen enough imo to let Lamps do his shit, let the team settle, get fitter, more used to the new system and get our injured men back. If we just had 1-2 killers man, would have been a whole different story, clueless inept board leaving our dicks hanging. I like the way we game and to me its the way forward.

Alabama and Johnnyeye like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want to know this:
We were vulnerable to counterattacks ok, but luckily nothing happened.
The scored from a corner kick not a counterattack.
But our midfield and up front was Sahara desert - Gobi desert, from the moment after Mount scored for us (7th minute !).
How do you explain that ?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cosmicway said:

I want to know this:
We were vulnerable to counterattacks ok, but luckily nothing happened.
The scored from a corner kick not a counterattack.
But our midfield and up front was Sahara desert - Gobi desert, from the moment after Mount scored for us (7th minute !).
How do you explain that ?

 

 

Leicester city dominated the second half. They won every second ball esp after giroud left. They bullied us and did not need to sit and counter.

we have more opportunities to score in the first, and they had far more chances in the second.

yes, legs were prob a bit heavy given pool game, but some problems are recurring.

MONEYBALL likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Robchels said:

Leicester city dominated the second half. They won every second ball esp after giroud left. They bullied us and did not need to sit and counter.

we have more opportunities to score in the first, and they had far more chances in the second.

yes, legs were prob a bit heavy given pool game, but some problems are recurring.

You call the first seven minutes "first half".

NikkiCFC and Robchels like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Jason said:

In some unrelated/related news, Rudiger and Batshuayi start for the Dev squad tonight...

 

Are we going to see a Bat's show ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

You call the first seven minutes "first half".

You call half an hour "seven minutes"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Are we going to see a Bat's show ?
Need to bang in a hattrick for Lampard to notice he's available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Tomo said:

You call half an hour "seven minutes"?

We scored after 7 mins. 
Soon after there was that glancing header (from Kante ?) that landed into Smeichel's arms.
Then nothing.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Jason said:

In some unrelated/related news, Rudiger and Batshuayi start for the Dev squad tonight...

 

Lamptey and Mola !! sound like ringers to me :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cosmicway said:

We scored after 7 mins. 
Soon after there was that glancing header (from Kante ?) that landed into Smeichel's arms.
Then nothing.

 

We battered Leicester for the first 25 ish minutes and while we lost total control after that we were still quite comfortable until half time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
33 minutes ago, MONEYBALL said:
Are we going to see a Bat's show ?

Need to bang in a hattrick for Lampard to notice he's available.

Hope for him, because goal is the only thing he can bring to a team, it should be a minimum against young players. Hope for us to because even if i'm certain he can't play alone on the front of our attack, if nothing else works, playing aside Giroud could transform him in a very prolific striker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Tomo said:

We battered Leicester for the first 25 ish minutes and while we lost total control after that we were still quite comfortable until half time.

7 becomes 25 when you travel at the speed of light.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hope for him, because goal is the only thing he can bring to a team, it should be a minimum against young players. Hope for us to because even if i'm certain he can't play alone on the front of our attack, if nothing else works, playing aside Giroud could transform him in a very prolific striker.
Got a brace and should have scored more, so hopefully Lampard noticed his contribution from the stands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
2 hours ago, MONEYBALL said:
Hope for him, because goal is the only thing he can bring to a team, it should be a minimum against young players. Hope for us to because even if i'm certain he can't play alone on the front of our attack, if nothing else works, playing aside Giroud could transform him in a very prolific striker.

Got a brace and should have scored more, so hopefully Lampard noticed his contribution from the stands.

scoring a brace vs a shit team is probably the most Batshauyi thing there is^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.