• Kante
    • Mount
    • Pedro
    • Pulisic
    • Giroud
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Kovacic (sub)
    • Willian (sub)

Basketball players play 82 high freaking intensity games in less than 6 months. 

Tennis players play year round. Mostly back to back days. And back to back weeks. 

It's only in football and mostly in this day and age of social media that we see this "load mamagement" shit. 3 games in 7 days after 3 months of holiday and pre-srason and rest should not even be a big deal.

5 minutes ago, 1905didierblue said:

Tennis players play year round. Mostly back to back days. And back to back weeks. 

It's only in football and mostly in this day and age of social media that we see this "load mamagement" shit. 3 games in 7 days after 3 months of holiday and pre-srason and rest should not even be a big deal.

I agree. But in tennis or basketball al teams have that schedule. Here we are at a clear disadvantage to Leicester who could prepare for us all week. Still we are the better side. Vardy is an old man and the others are not that quick either. We should be able to win this. We just need to take our chances and we can beat any side.

9 hours ago, 1905didierblue said:

A football pitch is far far bigger than a basketball or tennis court

9 hours ago, 1905didierblue said:

Terrible comparison how long's a basketball game 40 minutes or something it's played indoors and has unlimited subs. Chelsea - Liverpool last night was watched by a worldwide audience and has massive media exposure and then we're on Sky on Sunday watched by another worldwide audience.

Basketball is a shit sport played by seven foot geezers if jockeys played it then it might be interesting if there was a basketball game being played by the worlds best teams in my back garden I'd draw the curtains.

26 minutes ago, RJBOfficial said:

There are also other things that you can't really compare to football. Like for example a basketball game lasts only 40 minutes; you can make unlimited subs and no one plays a full game; you have a break between each quarter and many timeouts; requires less running. Also imo playing with feet and head is much more draining physically than with hands. When I played basketball I could easily last full games (with subs of course), but I'd probably die in a full football game.

37 minutes ago, RJBOfficial said:

So? Have you seen a basketball or tennis games? How many times did zouma or Andreas have the cover the length of the football field? Or even azpi for that matter. Football most of the game is about holding position, jogging/walking to cover the lines.

Average distance run by a male football player is 7miles. Last year azpi played the most which was around 53, so 371miles (and this is the worst case situation, won't be surprised if azpi played the most number of games in Europe's top 5 leagues, at an average it will be 40 games)

Compare that to tennis players who play upwards of 60games a season at an average of 4miles a games. There are 10 atp1000 tournaments, 4 grand slams and numerous atp500 tournament. In Grand slams you play every other day and in all the rest of the tournaments you play just the next day. Average of 20miles in 5 days if you win the atp1000 tournament. 

Also people saying that tennis and basketball have breaks. Footballers are jogging most of the time or just holding the lines. 

Lastly regarding viewership. 15.14M viewers watched the NBA finals (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_Finals_television_ratings) far higher than any ucl final viewership (https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2019/06/uefa-champions-league-final-viewership-univision-tnt/)

9 minutes ago, 1905didierblue said:

Also people saying that tennis and basketball have breaks

Well they do don't they every two games in tennis. If Federer is playing a geezer ranked 200 he hardly has to break sweat. You talk about footballers jogging or walking a tennis player can serve four times hit four aces game over it's not exactly taxing. Those viewing figures are for the States and for the finals our match on Sunday will dwarf those figures  worldwide . Doubt you could say the same for a domestic league basketball game.

24 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Well they do don't they every two games in tennis. If Federer is playing a geezer ranked 200 he hardly has to break sweat. You talk about footballers jogging or walking a tennis player can serve four times hit four aces game over it's not exactly taxing. Those viewing figures are for the States and for the finals our match on Sunday will dwarf those figures  worldwide . Doubt you could say the same for a domestic league basketball game.

I am comparing 2 of the biggest events in NBA and football. And you have the stats. You wanted to talk about the popularity and viewership and you have the answer.

I also mentioned the average number of miles run by both footballers and tennis players, which you conviniently missed.

How much are man city footballers running against most of the bottom halves of PL? Just tiki-takaing there way with an odd 3rd man run. For every Federer example, you will have those too.

31 minutes ago, 1905didierblue said:

I am comparing 2 of the biggest events in NBA and football. And you have the stats. You wanted to talk about the popularity and viewership and you have the answer.

I also mentioned the average number of miles run by both footballers and tennis players, which you conviniently missed.

How much are man city footballers running against most of the bottom halves of PL? Just tiki-takaing there way with an odd 3rd man run. For every Federer example, you will have those too.

I have the stats ?. The champions league final is watched by between 200-300 million. Have you ever seen a pub or a bar outside the States be ram packed for a fucking basketball game ?. Your point about footballers having to play three games in seven days what about travelling to Azerbaijan play on a Thursday on a shit pitch and then travel back to play Newcastle away on a Sunday. Surely you would have preferred us to play last Friday at home to bloody Norwich than have to go to Old Trafford on Sunday and kick off at 4.30.

9 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

I have the stats ?. The champions league final is watched by between 200-300 million. Have you ever seen a pub or a bar outside the States be ram packed for a fucking basketball game ?. Your point about footballers having to play three games in seven days what about travelling to Azerbaijan play on a Thursday on a shit pitch and then travel back to play Newcastle away on a Sunday. Surely you would have preferred us to play last Friday at home to bloody Norwich than have to go to Old Trafford on Sunday and kick off at 4.30.

So all the official figures and numbers are wrong, right? Please see the above mentioned links.

As for travelling, are you serious? Do you even know how much travelling is involved in NBA. Stop showing ignorance. USA alone has as much area as the whole of Europe. 

Tennis tournaments literally shift countries with Monte Carlo open followed by Madrid followed by Rome followed by french open.

Football is not the only sport where players deal with travelling and burn out. It might not even be the sport which requires the most amount of travelling and energy expenditure. Given that it's the start of the season, burn out and fatigue should not be an issue, and thats the only point I am trying to make.