test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tomo

Summer Transfer Targets

Started by Tomo,

185 posts in this topic
12 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Dias's release clause was raised to around £80m this summer and Florentino's (was my DMF target for eventual Kante replacement) to £108m. :(

Benfica doesn't fuck about.

https://lastwordonfootball.com/2019/09/10/benfica-centre-back-ruben-dias-on-premier-league-transfer-radar/

I don't understand why players sign contracts like that with huge release clauses it puts big clubs off them I understand if the player is world class but Dias is nowhere near VVD level 

1 minute ago, the wes said:

I don't understand why players sign contracts like that with huge release clauses it puts big clubs off them I understand if the player is world class but Dias is nowhere near VVD level 

leverage

there are not that many remotely available CB's worth more than Dias

and some of these are a huge stretch to call available

Kalidou Koulibaly  
José Giménez   (2nd least available on thsi list, but still my number one want)
Raphaël Varane (least available on this list)   
Marquinhos    
Milan Skriniar    
Alessio Romagnoli    
Ibrahima Konaté 

that is it IMHO (and KK is too old next summer to worth the insane price the poison dwarf will still demand)

killer1257, the wes and Atomiswave like this

On 13/09/2019 at 11:15 PM, killer1257 said:

Is this Dias guy worth that money? Is he better than Romagnoli, Skriniar or Konate?

not worth £80m IMHO but after 

José Giménez   (2nd least available on this list, but still my number one want)
Raphaël Varane (least available on this list)   
Marquinhos    
Milan Skriniar    
Alessio Romagnoli    
Ibrahima Konaté

he is the next one I rate who is remotely available (KK being to old next summer for the price)

£60m is fair market value, but I get the feeling Benfica will play hardball and demand the full £80m

I would love to buy Romagnoli and Konate (or Skriniar and Konate, but Shitty will pull Skriniar I think)

but could so live with Dias and Konate as well

no matter what Zouma has got to go, and perhaps Tomori too (if he does not come good this year or next)

IF I knew we were buying THREE CB's off that list (or maybe 2 off that list (Dias as one of those would not matter to me) and then maybe a CB like Evan N'Dicka or Nikola Milenkovic or Jonathan Tah or Dan Axel Zagadou, I would even sanction a sale of AC, IF a great offer came in.

killer1257 likes this