Barkley

Gilmour

Faustino Anjorin

Maddison

sure, why not!!

Maddison will only cost £80-90m

I am sure Marina will get right on that:ph34r:

12 hours ago, Tomo said:

That would be a humungous waste of resources (the two combined would cost not far off £200m).

Firstly because we already have better players than both in their positions, secondly because every other position bar GK needs reinforcements more urgently than CM and lastly neither are that good. 

I doubt the 200m on those ... 

I dont think we have better players (Kante is WC)  ... we need players with high work rate in the middle specially under Lampard, strong box to box types to compliment Kante. I believe they have a lot going for them plus they are young and playing in the top flight. 

I wasnt referring to other positions where we need reinforcements  ... was talking only midfield and we need good players (even squad players) to support Lampard's philosophy 

11 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Post was so ridiculous it didn’t even warrant a reply. 

Maddison? Seriously? 

Atleast I have an opinion which is what the forum is about. No matter how ridiculous.

But thanks for that respect. Appreciate it!!! 

4 hours ago, coolhead23 said:

I doubt the 200m on those ... 

I dont think we have better players (Kante is WC)  ... we need players with high work rate in the middle specially under Lampard, strong box to box types to compliment Kante. I believe they have a lot going for them plus they are young and playing in the top flight. 

I wasnt referring to other positions where we need reinforcements  ... was talking only midfield and we need good players (even squad players) to support Lampard's philosophy 

It's well documented Wolves will demand a hell of a lot for Neves and there's no chance Leicester will accept anything lower than Maguire money for Madison.

I do believe Kovacic and Jorginho are better than Neves (he really isn't what he's cracked up to be) and RLC is better than Madison and Mount won't be far behind for long if he is atall.

4 minutes ago, Tomo said:

It's well documented Wolves will demand a hell of a lot for Neves and there's no chance Leicester will accept anything lower than Maguire money for Madison.

I do believe Kovacic and Jorginho are better than Neves (he really isn't what he's cracked up to be) and RLC is better than Madison and Mount won't be far behind for long if he is atall.

Fair enough ... I do respect the opinion ... 

I just got a different view, the current Lampard setup doesnt really suit Kovacic and Jorginho or maybe I would need to see more to be convinced. The tempo has to be always high and both these players I felt lacked it which means there would be no fluidity through the center. Neves for me is more box to box which helps Kante and Madison is more of backup/squad player who has a good work rate plus English quota checked. Mount and RLC surely looks better than Madison but I'm looking at a complete set. 

As far as how much a player cost, it is a crazy market which is not going to come down and the money is not going from my pocket ... So if we get a player which suits the manager, go for it.  

If we're going to sign a midfielder next summer, it should be an out-and-out defensive midfielder, who can sit in front of the back 4 and protect it (Kante is a different kind of DM before anyone jumps in). Right now, we don't have one and it's kinda costing us on the pitch. 

And if we're gonna sign someone from Leicester, it should be Chilwell.

On 23/08/2019 at 11:34 AM, Jason said:

If we're going to sign a midfielder next summer, it should be an out-and-out defensive midfielder, who can sit in front of the back 4 and protect it (Kante is a different kind of DM before anyone jumps in). Right now, we don't have one and it's kinda costing us on the pitch. 

And if we're gonna sign someone from Leicester, it should be Chilwell.

It would cost a fair whack and it's grating to pay for something we already had, but I think we could look at making a play for someone like Declan Rice who would give us a completely different option for the pivot (i.e. an out and out defensive midfielder).

And Lampard seems to want a really strong core of English, homegrown talent.

2 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

It would cost a fair whack and it's grating to pay for something we already had, but I think we could look at making a play for someone like Declan Rice who would give us a completely different option for the pivot (i.e. an out and out defensive midfielder).

And Lampard seems to want a really strong core of English, homegrown talent.

I hope Lampard doesn't target English players for the sake of it. If they are good, then fine (I don't think Declan Rice is). Otherwise, look abroad. 

Just now, Jason said:

I hope Lampard doesn't target English players for the sake of it. If they are good, then fine (I don't think Declan Rice is). Otherwise, look abroad. 

I don't think he will for the sake of it but I think he does want a stong English core. You're spot on though they have to be good enough. I'm not saying myself to definitely go for him but I could see him being the sort of player we might identify.

I've not watched West Ham very often but the couple of times I've seen him play for England he looked good and my brother-in-law is a hammer and absolutely raves about how good he is as a no nonsense, solid defensive midfielder which is the type we're probably missing above all else as an option in midfield.

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

I dont think there are many realistic English players we can go and get except maybe Chillwell, Jadon Sancho and possibly Declan Rice (although not sure he is at the required level like youve said). Sure theres other good English players but we will never get Kane or Sterling or Joe Gomez or whoever else.

Weve got a good number of young English players to be honest, Reece James, Callum Hudson Odoi, Ruben Loftus Cheek, Tammy Abraham, Mason Mount... throw in Ross Barkley as well although I am unsure where he lies here in the long run and hes not exactly young so to speak. 

I dont think we need to have like neccessarily 10 or more English players in the squad plus the value for money for English players definitely isnt there and the calibre of players from other European/South American players is much better I feel. 

The additions have to be the right ones.

1 minute ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I don't think he will for the sake of it but I think he does want a stong English core. You're spot on though they have to be good enough. I'm not saying myself to definitely go for him but I could see him being the sort of player we might identify.

I've not watched West Ham very often but the couple of times I've seen him play for England he looked good and my brother-in-law is a hammer and absolutely raves about how good he is as a no nonsense, solid defensive midfielder which is the type we're probably missing above all else as an option in midfield.

Am always wary of players doing well for their national teams. And I think we're fine with the English core. As @OneMoSalah pointed out above - if all goes well - we'll have James, CHO, Loftus-Cheek, Abraham, Mount and Barkley. That can pretty much form the spine of the team going forward. 

1 minute ago, OneMoSalah said:

I dont think there are many realistic English players we can go and get except maybe Chillwell and possibly Declan Rice (although not sure he is at the required level like youve said). Weve got a good core of young English players to be honest, Reece James, Callum Hudson Odoi, Ruben Loftus Cheek, Tammy Abraham, Mason Mount... throw in Ross Barkley as well although I am unsure where he lies here in the long run. I dont think we need to have like 15 English players in the squad, the value for money for English players definitely isnt there and the calibre of players from other European/South American players is much better I feel.

No South Americans please, if possible. They can be difficult to handle, which isn't ideal for a team. 

Just now, Jason said:

Am always wary of players doing well for their national teams. And I think we're fine with the English core. As @OneMoSalah pointed out above - if all goes well - we'll have James, CHO, Loftus-Cheek, Abraham, Mount and Barkley. That can pretty much form the spine of the team going forward. 

No South Americans please, if possible. They can be difficult to handle, which isn't ideal for a team. 

I dont think thats necessarily true. Sure Neymar, Tevez, Icardi to name a few and theres maybe others that have had bad press but I dont think that they are any more difficult to handle than any other group of players. Its largely down to attitude. 

Just now, OneMoSalah said:

I dont think thats necessarily true. Sure Neymar, Tevez, Icardi to name a few and theres maybe others that have had bad press but I dont think that they are any more difficult to handle than any other group of players. Its largely down to attitude. 

But it seems to be a common thing with them. 

Jadon Sancho.

I dont give a shit how much he costs, given we didnt spend almost nothing this summer and sold Hazard along with few others, we can afford him.

He is english and he is the most efficient young player next to Mbappe. He aint south american or dreaming of Real, so he could actualy stay here for his entire career if we become competitive again.

I know we need reinforcements in defence and striker position, but if Sancho is moving this summer, he should be absolute priority.

Sancho, Odoi, Mount could form our team for ages.